Fifty-Six

Trigger

 

Taeyeon played with the ring on her finger. Her girlfriend fiancé wanted her to get a simple ring of engagement too. It made sense with the whole Tiffany debacle but the cool metal ring on her finger didn’t feel right.

“Taeyeon are you home?”

Jumping from the couch, Taeyeon watched her fiancé enter the room, “I am here. How was your day?”

The other woman sighed as she put her things down near the door, “tiring but I got the sushi.”

Taeyeon smiled at the sight of food, “I could have cooked something if you wanted.”

“No I was craving sushi all day. I think it is nice for you to have a break from cooking for a day too,” The brunette went to kiss Taeyeon’s cheek before putting the food on the table.

Taeyeon went to the kitchen to get the plates and chopsticks, “What was going on at work that you are so stressed out?”

The other woman finished putting on some more comfortable clothes and hopped out to join Taeyeon in the kitchen, “just meetings. I thought we were all on the same page with this new project but Brian and Victoria were butting heads the whole time. It was a mess.”

Taeyeon nodded in agreement although she couldn’t keep track of all the employees her princess worked with, “I see.”

“What did you do?”

Taeyeon grabbed a piece of sushi to put on her plate while the other woman dug in, “Nothing much. I put in a few job applications.”

“Did you look at the wedding book I brought home?”

Taeyeon was quick to take a big bite out the sushi and mumbled through a response that wasn’t audible. Luckily, her fiancé didn’t care and continued to eat the sushi. All this wedding talk was supposed to be an exciting time trying to pick out plate settings, trying out cakes and organizing a guest list, but Taeyeon wanted to do anything but plan for this wedding. She wished her other half would do all the work but then again she had a job and was busy while Taeyeon stayed home most days looking for a new job.

“Hey babe are you listening?”

Taeyeon broke from her thought to look at the other woman, “What?”

“I said I am thinking of taking a few weeks off to go to Korea, you should come too.”

Taeyeon took a huge swig of her water, “Why Korea?”

The younger woman laughed, “To visit my family of course. I can’t just spring this marriage on them unexpectedly.”

Taeyeon looked down at her sushi suddenly with no appetite, “I don’t know…”

“Come on Tae…my parents should really meet the woman I am marrying. I won’t take no as an answer. We will fly out next month and you can even meet my sister.”

Taeyeon played around with her chopsticks for a while wondering if this marriage business was going too fast. Ring, wedding planning and meeting the parents…was this what Taeyeon really wants?