Ninety-Five

Trigger

**Double update. Make sure you read the previous chapter first!**

 

Taeyeon laughed, “No no…nothing like that. You are a great doctor…more that that. You are a great person. So beautiful inside and out. F-for a while now I…” Taeyeon stopped and looked down at their hands linked and she knew it was time, “I have fallen in love with you.”

Taeyeon didn’t dare to look up during the silence, but she watched as Sooyeon retracted her hand from hers. Panic settled in but when she looked up she could see her wiping the tears from her eyes, “Taeyeon…”

“Sooyeon…” Taeyeon whispered back.

“This isn’t supposed to happen,” Sooyeon wiped away the rest of her tears, “I am not supposed to fall more in love with you too, but you keep surprising me like this.”

Taeyeon’s dopy grin turned into a silly smile.

“There are so many reasons I am not supposed to love you. You are my patient…you were with or are with my sister…I don’t know anymore…but somehow we met. Somehow you are so beautiful, even when you couldn’t open your eyes, I found you charming. When you couldn’t find the words to say something, I found you saying all the right words to sway my heart. Every day you are on my mind. At first it was worry for you. Would you wake up? Will you walk? Will the seizures stop? Will you get your memory back? Then I would think of your smile, a joke you told me, the way the sun hits your face just right to make you glow. Day after day, it was you…always you.”

Taeyeon used all her strength to move her chair closer and placed both hands over Sooyeons’, “it was always you for me too. I know our feelings shouldn’t be, but my heart says I love you. More than my doctor, more than a friend…I love all of you.”

Sooyeon could feel more tears ready to fall but this time Taeyeon was there to wipe them away, “Taeyeon…”

Taeyeon cupped Sooyeon’s damp face, “just say your feelings are the same. I will find a way to get stronger. I will make sure I don’t give you any more worries. Give me the chance to show you everyday that you make me happy.”

“Silly…I thought I made it obvious that I love you too.”

And that is when the couple had their first kiss. Yet those lips felt so familiar, almost like coming home.