Fourteen

Trigger

 

“Well Taeyeon how are you doing today?”

“Always better when you are around.”

“So cheeky every day I see.”

Is she already getting used to my constant flirting? “Does that mean I get to go home?”

“Not exactly.”

“Alright so what are we going to do today?”

“We did pictures last time and that triggered some memories of your parents. Today I thought I would bring in objects that belonged to you and see if that creates a response.”

Seems like a good idea, “Ok what am I looking at.”

Oh see seems very worried, “This might not be good memories if they are triggered Taeyeon. I am going to show you the clothing you were wearing at the time of the accident.”

“Y-you still have them?”

“Of course we do. They are your belongings and the police gave them back to us after the investigation into the accident.”

It must be what is in that bag.

“Are you ready?”

“I hope so.”

That doesn’t look good...that is a lot of blood, “you had a lot of lacerations and such so your clothing is torn and we didn’t wash out the blood stains. The investigation is closed on your case so you can touch everything.”

Give it over Dr. Jung...I have to face this sooner or later. Let’s see here...I am very stylish! Aww this shirt is so cute! Simple but nice except for all this blood ruining a nice shirt...ah yea and this nice cut down the middle. They must have had to cut off my clothes. Well you were in a coma Taeyeon. Not like you were in good shape.

“Here are the shorts. It was summer when you came in.”

Normal pair of jean shorts. Not as much blood on this though.

“And your sandals.”

Normal white pair that I could see going with this outfit, “Anything else?”

Dr. Jung looks very sad...what else is in that bag, “You had some accessories here in this bag.”

Cute earrings, a choker and a ring? Which finger does it fit on? Nope...nope...nope...I wonder... “Can I ask something?”

“Sure.”

“W-was I married?”

“If you were, it wasn’t in your file.”

“Then I was engaged? Why would this be on my ring finger?”

“Taeyeon...I really don’t know. I also can’t tell you if that was on your finger when you were admitted. It was just part of your belongings we had for you.”

Ok I am taking that off. That was creepy. What if I really am married already? I loved someone else? Someone I can’t remember? B-but...now I have feelings for Dr. Jung. Don’t get ahead of yourself Kim. We don’t know if Dr. Jung likes you back, if you really are married, or had someone else. Let’s think positively. Think of a happy future with Dr. Jung...having kids...a puppy...what a wonderful life that would be.

“I’m sorry I don’t have answers for you Taeyeon.”

“It’s fine. I actually don’t want to know.”

“Really? Wouldn’t you want to know why you had that ring?”

“No.”

“Taeyeon do you want to talk about it?”

I am confused and my head hurts, “Dr. Jung can we end the session? I want to take a nap please.”

“Taeyeon we can talk about it. You shouldn’t suppress certain things. I know this is all shocking but you need to talk through this stuff with me eventually.”

“I know. We can talk later. I just want a nap. Please.”

I know I am disappointing you, “Alright. Take your time.”

I don’t want you to go either...but my head hurts so much. Hopefully a nap will help.

This station . What else is on the radio, “Taeyeon just stick to one station dear.”

“This song is boring. We should get something more upbeat for the long drive.”

Which one which one?

“Watch out!”

What? Oh my God!

Oh no oh no....there’s nothing I can do. we are going in the water!

“T-Taeyeon are you ok?”

“W-we have to get out! The water is coming in the car.”

“Taeyeon you just help her. I have your mom.”

Ok ok first seatbelt...then her seatbelt. Great.

Wait what is that sound?

“Dad?”

“Taeyeon the bridge is breaking apart. We have to get out!”

Breaking?

Hurry hurry.

*BANG*

“Taeyeon you are sweating.”

“Where is he!”

“Who?”

“My dad...he was...he was just behind me with mom...”

“Taeyeon that was a dream.”

No it wasn’t! It felt very real, “He was...”

“Shhh calm down calm down.”

“I couldn’t save him...I couldn’t save anyone.”

Her arms are so comforting, “It wasn’t. You were just lucky.”

“I don’t feel lucky. Everyone died but me. Why should I remember anything if it only brings pain? I don’t want to remember their deaths over and over again. I don’t want to be reminded how alone I am.”

“I am here Taeyeon...”

“Dr. Jung?”

“Yes?”

“Can you please stay?”

“Of course.”

 

 

Happy 9th Anniversary SNSD!