Forty-Two

Trigger

 

 

Taeyeon flipped through the channels on her TV in haste. Although the hospital didn’t provide an array of channel options, Taeyeon had different reasons for continuing to change the channels.

“Kiss...kiss...kiss...goodness isn’t there a show where there isn’t romance!”

After much searching, Taeyeon did find a channel that wasn’t going to go past the PG mark.

*knock knock*

Although the knocking was to just give Taeyeon a bit of warning, it wasn’t needed. Taeyeon knew she had an appointment around this time, “good morning Taeyeon.”

Flashing the brightest smile, “Morning doc.”

Dr. Jung looked up to the TV sporting a children’s show, “please don’t tell me that your memories have regressed into a state of childhood?”

Taeyeon blushed before fumbling with the remote to turn the TV off, “It umm...there was umm nothing on.”

Dr. Jung continued to giggle while she found a chair to sit on, “Just as a formality, what is the last time you remembered your birthday?”

Taeyeon furrowed her brows at the punch to her ego, “haha...I know how old I am, what year it is now and why I am in the hospital.”

Dr. Jung continued to smile in amusement. She had to admit, seeing Taeyeon get flustered was all too entertaining.

“How about we get this session going?”

Dr. Jung flipped through her papers a few times until she looked up at Taeyeon, “I was worried about the incident nearly a week ago where you fainted but the scans of your brain are great in fact. Taeyeon I...umm don’t know how to ask this but do you remember where your parent’s lived or if you kept a home here in Korea?”

Was she supposed to remember this? “Should I tell her that I got my memories back? What would happen to her...”

“Taeyeon...I do have the address to your parent’s home if you don’t remember.”

“Dr. Jung why are you asking this?”

The doctor sighed, “because we are ready to discharge you.”

“W-what?!”

“Taeyeon your progress has been great. You are able to walk even though you get tired after a while, you have enough memory to sustain yourself and we see no medical reason to have you here.”

“There are a lot of things wrong with me!”

Giving a small smile, Dr. Jung knew the truth, “Taeyeon you can’t stay here forever. I can still be your doctor and see you occasionally for therapy, but your physical therapy with Dr. Kwon is already reduced to 2 times a week meaning you don’t need to be here.”

“Yes I do...” Taeyeon whined out loud.

Although the patient was adorable pouting and causing a small tantrum, Dr. Jung couldn’t lie that this decision . Seeing Taeyeon on a day-to-day basis was the closest thing the doctor had to happiness in a long time. With tears starting to thread in her eyes, Dr. Jung stood up, “tomorrow...I will help you adjust to your new home then.”

Taeyeon was left alone in a state of astonishment. How could a day started with cartoons end in getting kicked out of her newfound home?

“I should have pretended I was a child...” Although Taeyeon was pretending already...