Twenty-Three

Trigger

 

 

“Welcome back Jung!”

God why is he so hyper all the time?

“Oh? Rolling your eyes at your good friend Heechul? Was America really that bad? Forget my present?”

“I wasn’t there on vacation!”

God I don’t want to deal with this the first day back. I have to find this Kim Taeyeon girl.

“Just leave me alone. I will be out for rounds soon.”

“Aww don’t give me the cold shoulder! You are my only friend here. Please tell me about America. I am listening.”

He does look serious this time, “I just went there to close up my sister’s apartment and I kind of found something.”

“Oooo this sounds juicy.”

“I found this picture in my sister’s room...I think...she was dating her.”

“Damn. If they were dating, your sister has amazing taste in women.”

“I’m pretty sure her name is Kim Taeyeon.”

“Taeyeon...that is not a normal name but...it sounds very familiar.”

“How would you know her? I didn’t introduce my sister to you yet.”

“Not cause of your sister....that name sounds very familiar. Then again, I do see a ton of different patients every day.”

“I am not sure she would be in Korea...unless she was with my sister when the accident happened!”

“If that was the case, you could check the patient registry.”

That’s it! “Thanks Heechul!”

To check I need to just go to the front desk.

“Hello doctor did you need something?”

“Ah yes nurse I need to find out if we ever had a patient named Kim Taeyeon.”

“Do you know the date of birth?”

“No I don’t...I just wanted to know if she was admitted.”

“Let me check if we have any by that name.”

Come on...she should be here.

“I’m sorry doctor but there is no one by that name in our system.”

How can that be? Is she still in America? I mean they could have broken up or she didn’t come with my sister, “Are you sure?”

“Yes doctor, I am sure.”

“Alright. Thank you.” How am I supposed to find her? I only have a picture and a name...not like that would give me much information, “Umph...” What the...

“Oh my Dr. Jung watch where you are going. If you are going to act aloof just coming back from your time off, you should take more time to yourself.”

Crap of all people I hit! “I am sorry Dr. Seok.”

“You dropped some things here...”

“I’m so sorry Dr. Seok! Please you don’t have to pick those up, it was my fault.”

“Dr. Jung you know this girl?”

“Wait, you know her? I was looking for her.”

“I don’t know her but there is a patient in the ICU that looks just like her.”

“Really?!” Wait...I should be so happy hearing she is in the ICU, “But I just asked the nurse if she was here.”

“I am not sure about that but she does look like a patient I treated. I only remember this one particularly because she slipped into a coma recently.”

Maybe I should visit the ICU and check?

“Dr. Jung don’t forget that your rounds have to be completed today too. Even the ones you missed from taking personal time off.”

“Of course Dr. Seok.” But first, the ICU!

 

“Where you going? Not rounds I see.”

“Heechul not now. I have to go to the ICU.”

“What is there?”

“That girl I showed you the picture of. Dr. Seok said he thought she was there.”

“So she is here in our hospital?”

“Well I am not sure. She wasn’t in our system but Dr. Seok would remember a patient right?”

“He is getting old though...”

“Doesn’t matter, I am going to look anyway.”

“What are you going to do? Look at every bed?”

“I don’t have to. I just need a nurse in the ICU.”

“Can I come?”

“Don’t you have rounds?”

“Yes.”

“Why don’t you do that then?”

“Because it is no fun alone. So can I come?”

“You are like a leech.”

“Just admit you want me to come.”

“Does it matter? We are here already.”

“It does matter! I am like your best friend and you want to keep things from me.”

Oh God Heechul is such a drama queen, “Excuse me nurse!”

“Ah yes doctor?”

“Have you seen this patient in the ICU?”

“Do you know her?!”

“Well kind of...”

“Let me take you to her.”

“Wait she is really here?”

“Yes. She came during that huge accident on the bridge. We tried finding her identification but she didn’t have visitors or anything on her to identify.”

Maybe that was why she wasn’t in the patient system.

“Is this her?”

Oh my God... “I found you Kim Taeyeon.”