Forty-Nine

Trigger

 

***This is a double update. If you didn't read chapter 48, please do so before reading this chapter***

 

 

“A-are you mad?” Taeyeon asked as if she was walking on glass.

Dr. Jung raked her fingers through her hair, “No. I am not. Tell me when you started to remember.”

“I...it was when we were in the hospital. When you showed me...”

Dr. Jung knew exactly what Taeyeon was talking about but she needed Taeyeon to say it herself, “Go on.”

Taeyeon sighed as the tears welled in her eyes, “seeing her again...laying there...I remembered when we met again. Everything. It was like we first met but then everything about her came rushing back to me as if I got hit by a train. I was so scared to admit that I remembered her...” Tears fell from Taeyeon’s face.

“Why were you scared Taeyeon?”

“How could I face losing her and losing you?” Taeyeon cried out.

Dr. Jung raised her brows in surprise, “l-lose me? Why would you think that?”

Taeyeon sniffled and wiped her tears away with her sleeve, “I am just your patient. I am cured...what use would a doctor have for a healthy patient?”

Dr. Jung stood up to join Taeyeon on the couch. The doctor scooted closer and rested Taeyeon’s head on her shoulder, “Taeyeon...can’t you see that you are more than a patient to me?”

Taeyeon leaned into the doctor’s comfort, “is it because of your sister?”

Sighing, the doctor looked up to the ceiling, “I thought so at first...but...Taeyeon you mean more to me than just a patient. Since you came here, I saw your kindness, your laughter, your devotion...how could I not see you as a friend?” The word friend sat as a lump in ...maybe that was a lie.

“I feel so guilty...”

Rubbing comforting circles on Taeyeon’s forearm, the doctor sought to calm her patient down, “Guilty? Towards me for lying or...”

“I didn’t want to lie to you...so yes, but more so to Soojung. Dr. Jung, I do care for her...I really do but I am sorry...I don’t love your sister.”

The doctor bit back certain words that she wanted to express, “Is it Tiffany?”

Taeyeon shook her head, “No...Tiffany is the opposite. I hate Tiffany. If anything she was the reason I asked Soojung to marry me.” Tears continued to flow, “In reality, I thought that would make things right. That I would love her again, but I see now that I don’t.”

Dr. Jung released Taeyeon from the hug so she could wipe away the tears, “Taeyeon can you please tell me about America? What happened with you and my sister there? Can you help me fill in the gaps?”

Taeyeon reached for a tissue to blow her nose, “I think I know now why I had amnesia...although the accident caused my brain to be injured, I don’t think that is the real reason. Something happened in America that I wanted to forget. Now that I remember it again, I want to relive the accident over and over again because the thought of having amnesia once again is so tempting.” Turning her attention to the doctor, Taeyeon looked up at the woman with the most pathetic eyes, “I want to go back to chapter 1.”

 


Author's Note

Please refrain from spoiling certain name revilations in the comment section. We all know who is who now but be nice to those that don't know yet. ^^