Nine

Trigger

 

Am I really doing this?

“Oh my god Taeyeon keep going if you can.”

I am the best! I can do this…I can do this! So tired though… little more… come on!

“Great great we can stop here for today. You look tired.”

Thank goodness… Dr. Kwon is going to kill me during physical therapy one day.

“That was amazing progress today. You nearly lifted your left leg up which was so much better than before.”

“Haha thanks. I was celebrating moving my toes a few days ago and now I can almost lift a leg. I’m amazing myself!”

“I love the positive attitude!”

Damn this woman has so much energy but I guess motivation is something I need. Starting to get a bit lazy I think now that my physical therapy was reduced after regaining all arm strength.

“Ok how about we get you back in this wheelchair and into your room?”

“Sounds good. Thanks for the help today.”

“My pleasure.” Damn this woman has super strength to lift me into my wheelchair. Reminder to self to never get into a physical altercation with her. “Nurse Sunny can’t bring you back today so I will personally. Hope you don’t mind.”

“Not at all. Only short distance away.” I could really just roll myself over now but I’m afraid to be left alone after what happened to short nurse. I overheard the nurses saying she got a harsh scolding leaving me alone. I don’t need more victims of my need for independence.

“Ok here we are.” Yep that’s my room just open the door so I can rest…

“Happy Birthday!”

Oh my God. My birthday?

“Happy birthday to you happy birthday to you…”

Whoa everyone is here, tall nurse, short nurse, Dr. Jung…all just for me??? And a cake?

“Taeyeon blow out the candles and make a wish.”

 

‘Taeyeon make a wish!’ Humm the warmth of her back hug is all I need.

‘How can I dream of having more? I already have you.’

Oww, ‘why you pinch the birthday girl?’

‘Because I get to spoil you today not the other way around.’

‘Spoiling my princess makes me happy.’

Mmmm I love it when you press your lips on my cheek, ‘then wish for us to stay together forever that way I can be happy every day for the rest of my life.’

I feel like my heart is going to explode, ‘You seem to have read my mind princess.’

‘Quick make the wish then before the candles melt.’

Haha cute, ‘ok. Our forever starts now!’

 

“Taeyeon? Taeyeon? Are you ok?”

Huh?

“Are you going to blow out the candles?”

The cake… the candles… Dr. Jung, “Last time I promised forever…”

“So what do you want to wish for this time?”

“This time… this time…I wish for nothing.”

“Nothing? Don’t you want to wish for something? Like your memories?”

“I wish for nothing because this way nothing can change, promises can’t be broken and hope never existed.”

Don’t look at me with those eyes of apathy, “although promises can be broken, hope can get lost and things can change but the future is always unknown. Maybe that broken promise, lost hope and constant changes give you a chance to start over and find even greater happiness. The end of one thing, although difficult, could start an even better chapter in your life, but you have to first blow out those lights to see in the dark and find the beauty you thought was hidden.”

Then lets shut off the lights, *blow*.