Seventeen

Trigger

 

“Taeyeon are you ok? I came back because it has been over an hour...”

Has it been really that long? “Mmm yea...just looking at this picture. Who is this?”

“So you don’t remember your sister?”

“Oh...that was who she was.”

“Do you recognize her at all?”

“She was the sunflower girl I was telling you about.”

“Ah she is the one you saw in the meadow of flowers? Also the girl you celebrated your birthday with?”

That’s not right...the girl from my birthday is different, “No not the same as my birthday. I must have mistaken the two because they have the same hair color. She is just the girl in the meadow of sunflowers.”

“Ok. So you still don’t know who the person is from the birthday memory?”

“No...but I did have a different memory with the girl who called me ‘princess.’”

“Do you want to tell me about these memories?”

“While we were driving here, I had a dream. It was like I was going to run away with the girl...the one from my birthday. She said she was younger than me. I also think it was after my sister died...I know...well I am pretty sure we were in America. The scenery didn’t look like Korea.”

“Ok good. You remember anything else?”

“No.”

“Don’t force it Taeyeon. You will remember soon. At least you recognize your sister from your dreams.”

She was so beautiful, “How old was she when she passed?”

“It says she was 20.”

“I wonder why the sunflowers.”

“Taeyeon...the sunflowers are important.”

Dr. Jung knows something, “Why?”

“Taeyeon I want you to remember yourself. How about you close your eyes and try to remember?”

I don’t think this will work, “How will closing my eyes help?”

“I will try a little bit of hypnosis to see if you remember. Trust me.”

“Ok.” I will close my eyes and try this out.

“Alright now picture those sunflowers. Go back to that meadow Taeyeon.”

Yellow...such a bright color for today. Doesn’t it normally rain on days like this?

“Come on Taeyeon don’t lag behind. Your mother needs us.”

“Sorry appa.”

Such lovely flowers...

“Here.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes...” Mom don’t cry, “It’s perfect.”

“Ok honey, here. Taeyeon come over.”

“Ha-Hayeon...baby...”

...mom don’t cry...now I am crying.

“Baby I miss you...but I know you are in a better place...not in pain.”

“Sis...do you know where we are? Sunflowers were always your favorite flower. Wouldn’t it be nice to spend eternity here? Somewhere so pretty.”

“My baby girl...you will forever be in appa’s heart. Taeyeon...why don’t you do it?”

“Me? Can’t we do it together as a family?”

“No no...your father is right, you can do it. Here was always your special place with her.”

Hayeon be happy here. “Although I can only release your ashes here, maybe you can grow through these flowers...God knows you were just as beautiful as them...”

“Taeyeon Taeyeon shh stop crying...stop crying...I’m here.”

“I...remember.” God Kim you are such a cry baby...and you are being all gross getting Dr. Jung all wet like this.

“You were mumbling something about flowers and started crying, what did you remember?”

“I remembered why sunflowers are so important to me.”

 

 

 



*Happy Birthday Catsba!*

Ummm just a little update as a gift to you readers although it is the author's bday ^^