Eighty-Six

Trigger

 

After a long minute, the doctor raised her head up to look Taeyeon in the eyes, and finally said the words she wanted to say the whole day, “Taeyeon I think I love you.”

Taeyeon’s heart raced faster. She wondered if she was dreaming, hallucinating or having a mental breakdown because the words that came out of the doctor’s mouth were unreal. How could this beautiful, smart and compassionate woman say those words to her?

No way…

“Huh?”

The doctor was now very confused. Did Taeyeon not hear her right? Was this a stupid idea? No backing down now, “Taeyeon…I understand if you don’t feel the same way…I understand if this changes you wanting to live with me and having me as your doctor, but I can’t hide it anymore. Since the day you came into my hospital, I knew you were different.” Jessica took a long breath in and exhaled slowly, “Even when you couldn’t say a word, I knew you were the one for me. Say it fate or whatever, but a long time ago, I stopped caring for you because you were my patient. I cared for you because more than anything in the world, I wanted you to stay by my side for a very long time.”

The more the doctor rambled on, the realization finally sunk in. Taeyeon was never in a one-sided love, “I-I love you too.”

Jessica stopped rambling when Taeyeon interrupted with a brief confession, “You do?”

Taeyeon let out a laugh of relief, “how could I not? I mean really…it is you.” Taeyeon tried to put her feelings into words but how could she describe everything Jessica was to her? This was the woman that cared for her in her time of need, helped her through a difficult time in her life, and just offered Taeyeon her heart, “since I came out of that coma…I loved you too.”

Suddenly, the waterworks started, Jessica couldn’t contain her tears of joy any longer. She lunged forward into a heart-shattering hug and buried her face into the crook of Taeyeon’s neck, “I’ve waited so long for you to say that.”

Taeyeon held the woman close, “I wish I told you sooner.” Tilting her head back, Taeyeon tried to stop the tears threating to come out of her eyes, “I wanted to tell you so bad, but I was afraid you would kick me out or stop seeing me.”

Jessica laughed, “no way. I am planning to keep you here with me for a long time.”

Taeyeon gently guided Jessica off her shoulder so she could see Jessica’s beautiful face, “good. I want to be forever Sooyeon’s patient.”

“You better not be,” Jessica gently hit Taeyeon’s shoulder, “I need you to make a full recovery.”

Taeyeon laughed, “okay doctor. Then what should I be to you?”

“Girlfriend? Lover? Wife?” Jessica laughed at the last one, “whatever one will let me stay by your side the longest.”

“That sounds like a proposal. We haven’t even dated yet.” Taeyeon joked.

Jessica rolled her eyes, “you are ruining my moment.”

Taeyeon snickered one last time before gently moving forward to seal their lips into a gentle caress, “maybe not right now, but I choose wife.”

While the couple was sharing passionate kisses, the realtor walked back in ready to tell the women the good news about the home, but seeing the new couple in a passionate embrace, the realtor decided not to interrupt and carefully walked back into the house.