Forty-Seven

Trigger

 

 

 

The day has come. Do I want to go in? Dr. Jung will be there…but then again…the she-devil will also be present. Go in for Dr. Jung? Yes…Dr. Jung will be worth it right?

The door opened and the two occupants watched the shorter woman enter, “Oh Taeyeon it is not like you to be late.”

I didn’t know I would make it at all, “Hehe sorry…it is different coming from home and all…”

“That isn’t a problem. Tiffany and I were just chatting a bit waiting for you.”

I hope Tiffany didn’t say anything stupid.

“Shall we get started?”

Taeyeon looked around where to sit but she didn’t like her options. There was a couch with enough room for her to sit next to Tiffany but that option wasn’t too positive. Instead, Taeyeon looked for another chair which she put next to Dr. Jung, ‘perfect.’

Dr. Jung looked at Taeyeon curiously, “Taeyeon…are you the doctor today?”

“What?”

“Shouldn’t you sit facing me? On the couch?”

Taeyeon shook her head, “No…here is fine. There’s a draft.” A very cold cold aura over there.

Dr. Jung couldn’t help but chuckle at her patient, ‘so stubborn’ “I told Tiffany a bit about your condition and how much you currently remember. The focus of today’s session will be to bring you back to your time in America. Taeyeon, we are going to do some more serious memory techniques and that is why Tiffany will be here as your trigger.”

“What are you going to do?”

“I am not trained as a hypnotist but I can put you into a trance where you will be in a dreamlike state. Things you see or hear, you will be able to project vocally because you will be in a state between dream and awake. Is that ok with you?”

Dr. Jung will think it is strange that I would refuse…I should be safe with Dr. Jung here right? “Sure.”

“Great. You will need to lie down on the couch and I will help you into the trance. From then on, Tiffany will guide you to a particular time and place. Try to relax.”

Tiffany moved off the couch so Taeyeon could get comfortable. Although Taeyeon was told to relax, two women staring at her was not the most comfortable situations, “ready doc.”

Dr. Jung leaned forward and almost in a whisper, “Taeyeon counting down from 9, 8, relax, 7, 6, your body is feeling lighter, 5, 4, your eye lids are getting heavy, 3, 2, you sleep…”

Hearing Taeyeon’s breathing change, Tiffany started whispering some words into Taeyeon’s ears…and Taeyeon started talking.

“No…no I can’t drink more. You know I can’t. Wait…where is she? Tiffany…I need to get back to the party! It is my baby’s birthday. In here? Why would she be in a dark room…I ah…Tiffany…”

Dr. Jung watched as Taeyeon gave out a breathy moan and puckered her lips but when the tears started to roll down Taeyeon’s cheeks, Dr. Jung quickly shook Taeyeon awake. “Taeyeon Taeyeon come back.”

While Dr. Jung focused her energy on getting Taeyeon out of her trance, the doctor missed Tiffany leaving.