Twenty

Trigger

PART 2

 

~ 3.5 Years ago ~

 

"Have you arrived yet? So I will get to see you Monday? Yea I am off of work then...oh you have a surprise for me?"

"Hey Jung our break is over and Dr. Seok is going to have our heads if we don't get out for rounds."

"Yea yea I know...hey sis, I have to get back to work. Can't wait to see you! Love you!"

"So you were talking to your sister? She is really coming back?"

“I am not sure if she is coming back for good or not but she said she had some very exciting news and had to fly over here to show me."

"That is strange. Why would she have to fly here to show you something?"

“My sister is always strange. I don’t even know how we are related.”

“I believe it. You nearly killed me with your fear of cucumbers. I still have marks to prove it!”

“Oh shut up Heechul.”

“It is Dr. Kim to you.”

“Like I would ever call you that. I still can’t believe you passed all the exams when you were partying every night in college.”

“Those parties were very enlightening. I was stuck caring for sick people over the night.”

“And why are you still calling me Jung? It sounds like I am a boy!”

“Because you are! Nothing girly about you.”

“I am so going to kill you!”

“Jung. Kim. This is a hospital. Why are you two chasing each other around and causing so much noise?”

“Sorry Dr. Seok.”

“Sorry Dr. Seok.”

“As punishment I am putting you both in the ER.”

“What?! No way we were there...”

“No buts! Your punishment for causing a scene. Now both get your asses in the ER.”

“This is so unfair and it is all your fault Heechul!”

“Is not. You should just admit your manliness and none of this would happen.”

“God you are such a jerk of a friend.”

“Yet your only friend.”

“I have other friends.”

“Not with all the time you spend in the ER.”

“...Dr. Seok is cruel.”

“Just it up. Back to backs in the ER is good for character.”

“All the gross stuff comes in like bugs in the nose or deformed limbs.”

“Humm the ER does but we will get through it.”

 

“You were such a good girl. Did you want a lolly?”

“Yes mam...”

“Thank you doctor for helping our little girl.”

“No worries.”  God this day is getting long. It is almost dark outside and raining.

“Move aside! Move aside! Huge accident we need all available doctors!”

Oh no this doesn’t look good. “What do you need?”

“Keep pressure here.”

“What happened?”

“A bridge collapsed and they are pulling people out of the river.”

“Was she alive when you pulled her out?”

“Yea why? She is dead now...for at least 20 minutes from the shade of blue on the lips.”

“Crap.”

“Don’t worry. There are others right?”

“Yea some more are coming but I have news only 2 more girls are on the way. Most are dead as they pulled them out. I thought...I thought we could save her...”

I hate this...accidents are never good.

“We have a woman in her mid-twenties head trauma!”

I hope she is still alive.  “Please bring her here!”

She is breathing!

“No response to light. She has internal damage. We need to rush her to surgery right away.” She also looked young and beautiful...I hope she makes it.

“I have another!”

I need to change my gloves after the last patient was bleeding so bad, “Another woman in her twenties. Was pulled from the same car as the last one.”

“Let me see....oh my.” No...no...it can’t be...

“I will see her. Dr. Jung move.”

“But but let me help her!”

“I said get out of the way! I won’t let you treat your sister.”

“Heechul let me help!”

“Dr. Song and Shin please remove her.”

“Let me go!” I can help her! I can.

“Just bare it for a while. Heechul and Dr. Seok will make her better. You know the rules about family not treating family and you are only a resident.”

“But...I can help her...”