Fifty-Three

Trigger

 

 

Once Taeyeon got her girlfriend to stop crying, she needed to get out of the house. The stench of her betrayal lingered in the apartment and she needed fresh air.

Taking a stroll along the Han River, Taeyeon watched the waves crash against the land. She thought how the water looked so calm just before it collided into the rock. How strange this seems so similar to her life right now. Her girlfriend was a steady stream in her life although Taeyeon’s feelings faded over time.  Then there was Tiffany who stood as a rock this whole time not knowing that their calm stream would run into such havoc.

Running her fingers through her hair, Taeyeon let out a deep sigh, “What was Tiffany thinking?” To Taeyeon it was strange that Tiffany decided to interfere with the relationship she had with her girlfriend. After all, all three of them were friends. Really what were Tiffany’s intentions?

Getting off the bench, Taeyeon looked up at the sky once more until she started walking again. With no direction in mind, Taeyeon decided to walk through the city a bit before going back home. She was sure that her girlfriend was wondering what happened to her but in truth Taeyeon wasn’t so sure she was welcomed home anymore. Even if she said she remembered nothing of the night and had no idea what Tiffany did to her.  She doubted that the other woman believed her. After all, Taeyeon found out that her girlfriend saw  her reciprocate before dashing back to the party. Why was she so stupid?

Taeyeon was too caught up in her thoughts that she didn’t notice a door in front of her. Looking up at the sign Taeyeon had a strange thought. Maybe this will make her girlfriend happier, after all, Taeyeon did need to make up her mistakes.

“Hello Miss is there something that I can help you find?”

Taeyeon shook her head, “No I just wanted to look.”

“Ok. I will be here if you find anything you like.”

Taeyeon flashed a smile at the sales lady before going back to gazing at the shimmering objects.

Her eyes wandered around the glass cases until something caught her eyes, “Mam can I see this one?”

“Sure. This is the latest cut.”

Taeyeon looked at the object that would rectify her sins despite the repercussions and the hit to her bank account, “I will take it.”

The woman looked surprised, “Oh…it is unusual for the woman to pick out her own engagement ring.”

Taeyeon shook her head, “It isn’t for me.”