Eighty-Four

Trigger

 

Dr. Jung looked over to her side and observed Taeyeon some more…if anything this time seemed just right, “Hey Taeyeon…”

Like usual, Taeyeon smiled brighter than the sun at her, “yea?”

“I have been thinking and I…I just wanted to tell you…”

Taeyeon raised her brow in curiosity, “yea?”

“I…umm…”

“Ah here we are!” The enthusiastic realtor interrupted the couple.

Taeyeon who was easily distracted, forgot that the doctor was talking to her and turned her attention to the next building, “ohhh fancy.”

Dr. Jung rolled her eyes wondering when she would catch a break today.

“So this was a little above your price range but I think you will find out why this will be such a great fit for you. Come inside.”

Taeyeon followed behind excitedly wondering what the big surprise was while the doctor trudged along not caring about the apartment shopping anymore. She just wanted to find a time to get Taeyeon alone.

“So as you can see like the previous building you have a video call system and security 24 hours a day. There is also a gym and pool with a lounge area on the 3rd floor.” Taeyeon went into the gym to touch a few of the equipment.

“This is actually good for your rehab.”

Taeyeon nodded, “I would like to get more strength in my legs. Would you help heal me doctor?”

Dr. Jung blushed from head to toe with the innocent yet provocative comment, “w-well…I am your doctor…”

Taeyeon laughed it off as if she knew she said something suggestive, “alright.”

Bringing the girl’s attention back, the realtor cleared , “If you follow me, the available listing is on the top floor.”

“Top floor sounds expensive,” Taeyeon quickly whispered to the doctor as Taeyeon passed Dr. Jung to get closer to the woman giving them the tour of the facilities.

“Not too much more expensive, but it is a penthouse so the whole top floor is yours. You can see that only your key will work on the top floor.”

Taeyeon watched in amazement when the house key lit up the 39th floor.

The elevator zoomed up to the top and both Dr. Jung and Taeyeon had their breath blown away by the white open concept design that showed the Han river right out their window, “wow.”

Taeyeon ran over the window right away to take in the beautiful backdrop of Seoul, “Just think we could wake up to this every day.”

Dr. Jung laughed a bit, “I strongly don’t think we can afford this so don’t get too attached.”

“So this open concept design allows you to view this amazing scene from every corner of your apartment. Just think of waking up with your morning coffee and having the dining room table here.”

Taeyeon was already sold on this apartment, “I would love that.”

Dr. Jung being a realist, went to the realtor, “How much over is this place?”

“This is a new development so they are bringing down the prices to 1 million won above your original price you wanted to pay.”

The doctor shifted around some numbers in her head and this price was doable on her salary, not to mention if Taeyeon wanted to go back to work although the doctor still had no idea what Taeyeon did before her accident.

“Additionally, this place has 2 walk-in closets that would be something two young women would need.”

Dr. Jung’s ears perked up with the added closet space.

“That would be great for you,” Taeyeon appeared out of nowhere, “you keep tossing your clothes all around but with a closet, you can throw them all in there.”

“Yah!” It was the nth time the doctor shoved her playful roommate who kept ousting her dirty secrets.

“I would have more room if I stopped buying you new clothes.”

“Wow that sounded like a threat.” Taeyeon stepped away in terror of the scary doctor.

“I will let you two explore on your own before going to our final location.” The realtor really just left because her phone was ringing nonstop but it was a good time for Taeyeon and Dr. Jung to regroup.

“This is a really nice place huh?”

Taeyeon nodded in excitement, “I feel like some really rich person staying here. I would never move out.”

The doctor bit her lip wanting to ask Taeyeon to never move out, “Hey Taeyeon there is something I wanted to say to you all day.”

Taeyeon stepped away from the window for a second, “What is it?”

The doctor nearly forgot what she was about to say when she got lost in Taeyeon’s eyes for a second and had the thought of looking at an angel with Taeyeon standing perfectly in front of the window to create a sun-kissed halo behind her, “I ah…you know what I wanted to say was…”

“Yes?” Taeyeon waited in anticipation because it seemed important.

“Taeyeon I-I…"