Forty-One

Trigger

 

 

“Ok great great keep going.” Dr. Kwon motivated Taeyeon as the woman tried walking on her own with little support from the bars, “Taeyeon that is amazing. I can’t believe you improved so much.”

Taeyeon laughed tiredly, “I feel like things are clicking.”

Dr. Kwon offered Taeyeon a towel to wipe off her sweat, “Really that was a big improvement.”

Taeyeon sat down and reached for a water bottle, “Hey doc can I ask you something?”

“Sure. You can ask me anything.”

Taeyeon furrowed her brows, “is it possible to love two people at the same time?”

Dr. Kwon laughed before ruffling Taeyeon’s hair, “You sly dog! You don’t even have your memory and plan on becoming a heartbreaker with that adorable face.”

Taeyeon waved her hands, “No no hypothetically. I mean there as this umm drama on TV and the woman fell for two guys. Is that possible? Like wouldn’t she have to love one more than the other or something like that?”

Dr. Kwon raised her brow before snickering internally at Taeyeon’s childness, “Ah a drama…this situation does sound like a very interesting drama.”

“It is more confusing than interesting…”

“Well I am sure people fall in and out of love all the time. If it is possible to love again after losing a love you thought you had, then it should be possible to also love again even if both loves are still around or not. Not everyone is the same and you…I mean this woman in the drama could love these two people in different ways. I mean I love Ferraris for their speed but I love Porsche for the sleekness and style.”

Taeyeon started laughing at her doctor’s inference to her love to cars, “I think I get it. Thanks doc…I should probably head back to my room.”

Dr. Kwon nodded, “Yes. You have the lovely Dr. Jung waiting for you.”

“Ah yes,” Taeyeon coughed.

Dr. Kwon watched as Taeyeon walked out of her clinic and into the wheelchair Dr. Jung had ready for her. Maybe it was all this love talk, but Dr. Kwon thought she saw Dr. Jung and Taeyeon’s eyes sparkle when they saw each other.