Sixty-Two

Trigger

 

 

 

Taeyeon remained in a resting state as the doctor came in and took her usual seat next to her. Brushing away some stray hairs from the slumbering girl the doctor let her fingers set still feeling the baby-soft skin. Those dexterous fingers continued their journey down to the side of Taeyeon’s jaw as the doctor marveled at her beauty, “I wish you would wake up.”

Finally removing her hand from her face, the doctor leaned back in her chair and crossed her legs, “It isn’t fun talking to you alone.” Dr. Jung kept looking at Taeyeon as if she were going to wake up any moment, “everyone I want to talk to can’t answer back. What did I do in a past life to have such punishment?”

Taeyeon didn’t respond.

Dr. Jung leaned forward a bit taking in every bit of Taeyeon’s features, “I hope you keep your memories when you wake up this time. I would be sad if you forgot about me. If you didn’t remember, I don’t think I would try to make you remember everything.” The doctor sighed as she looked up to the ceiling, “I think you should forget everything though…my sister and Tiffany…your life in America sounded so painful. Living a life ignorant to the pain would be better right?”

Taeyeon was still resting.

The doctor continued her fascination with the beautiful patient, “You should start over and live a happy life. There must be so much pain one should suffer in a lifetime and I think you reached that quota.”

Dr. Jung got up from her seat to pace around the room taking in the objects around the space that Taeyeon made her own, “I thought you got better but you are still in the same place.” The doctor laughed at the toy she found, “it seems the nurses didn’t take all your things out of here. Did Dr. Kwon give you this minion? I told her not to give you fast-food but she clearly ignored doctor’s orders. You can’t hide the McDonalds mark on the toy Taeyeon.”

Putting down the toy, the doctor continued to scan various objects in the room, “Is this a flower I gave you?” The doctor scanned over the pressed flower, “why did you keep something like this?” Taking the object from its original spot, the doctor put the flower next to the bed, “hopefully this flower will help you wake up again Taeyeon.”

The doctor looked back at the door for a second before leaning down and kissing her patient on the forehead, “please rest well and get healthy.”