Ninety-Three

Trigger

 

The doctor pulled back the tiny ball on the wire and let it go causing it to hit the next one and then the next one and the next one. For a while the doctor watched bored as the Newton's cradle played out on her desk until a faint knock nearly made her throw the toy on the ground, “Y-yes?” 

A small head popped in the door, “umm hi.” 

Seeing who it was, the doctor ushered the woman in, “hi. Come in.” 

“Are you busy?” 

Quickly putting her hands on the balls, the doctor stopped the toy, “No. Please come in.” 

The woman wheeled herself into the office, “are you free tomorrow?” 

That was unexpected, “The whole day?” 

Taeyeon shrugged, “if you can’t…” 

The doctor hasn’t seen Taeyeon much this month. She would be stupid not to make time, “I can. I will move some stuff around but I can, I promise.” 

Smiling bashfully, Taeyeon rolled her chair back and forth a little, “Cool…um can I get a doctor’s note to leave the hospital then?” 

The doctor chuckled as she took out a pad of paper, “Of course. Now I am really curious to know what is going on tomorrow.” 

Taeyeon took the note, “I have something to show you, but it isn’t here.” 

The doctor leaned forward in her chair, “I am looking forward to it.” 

Nodding shyly, Taeyeon started wheeling out the door, “Be at my room by 9am.” 

“Okay.” 

 

The next day, the doctor was in her casual clothes feeling really shy, “This feels like a date…” Matting down her hair one more time, she knocked on the hospital room door. 

The door was already open so Taeyeon motioned for the doctor to come in, “I wasn’t sure if you could make it. Sorry if it was last minute, but I got really excited…” 

“It isn’t a problem, are you ready to go? Where are we going?” 

Taeyeon grabbed a bag and put it on her lap, “Yep. We should get going and you will see.” 

The doctor helped Taeyeon get into the wheelchair, “you look nice. I didn’t know you had some normal clothes here.” 

Taeyeon chuckled, “Dr. Kwon kind of helped me a bit.” 

Dr. Jung rose her brow curious to know what was going on, “I see. You two must be getting close with all the PT.” 

Taeyeon wheeled around to the front entrance of the hospital, “She is nice.” 

When they reached the front a van was waiting in front, “Are you Ms. Kim?” 

Taeyeon nodded happily, “yes.” 

“Did you arrange transport?” 

“I wanted to surprise you to where we are going and this wheelchair is a pain for a normal car.” 

The man helped Taeyeon into the van and Jessica sat next to her looking around to see a small box in the back, “You have me all worked up. I really want to know where you are kidnapping me.” 

Taeyeon laughed, “Seriously, Dr. Kwon did most of the work. You should pay her in food.” 

The doctor threw her head back in laughter, “I see you both are trying to get free meals out of me now. No wonder she helped you to this extent.” 

Taeyeon was all smiles as she casually laid her hand on the doctors’, “What you need to see is really important to me, but it is a little far if you want to take a nap.” 

Her hand was left tingling after Taeyeon’s hand left hers. There was always this strange buzz of electricity that flowed through the areas that Taeyeon touched.” Although she wanted to stay awake and talk to Taeyeon more, the doctor was up till late picking outfits for today and sleep slowly consumed her.