Sixty-Seven

Trigger

 

 

The scene was all too familiar. Taeyeon saw the body of her former lover lying motionless before her. She was cleared for an out of the hospital visit under the strict supervision of Dr. Jung who stood next to her emotionless. They both were not sure this was what they really wanted yet they knew what was going to be done.

The silence in the room was broken when 2 doctors entered the room, “Ah Dr. Jung it is nice to see you in a long while.”

Dr. Jung bowed to her previous mentor, “Ah yes.”

The other doctor quickly went to Dr. Jung’s side and gave her a playful shoulder shove, “good to see you too.”

A brief smile came on Dr. Jung’s lips with the sight of her friend, “not the best circumstances.”

“We have some paperwork to go over before we proceed. As the only living direct family member, I need you fill these out before we proceed.”

Dr. Jung took the forms and started to sign on the dotted lines. She glanced over to Taeyeon several times watching the girl gaze over her sister’s body.

“Alright we can proceed. We have time for  you to say something before we turn the machines off.”

Dr. Jung went over to Taeyeon’s side and took her hand, “Taeyeon did you want to say anything?”

Taeyeon felt the warmth of her doctor’s hand surge into her body, “I-I um…”

Dr. Jung squeezed the girl’s hand, “I will say something.” Stepping closer, she took her other hand and held onto the cold fingers, “baby sis…I have said this many times before but I love you. Always you remain in my heart even if we can’t meet again. I am sorry for being selfish and making you stay here longer than you should have. Please find peace after we let you go. In another life we will meet and I will hug you so hard.”

Taeyeon heard Dr. Jung stop talking so she went closer to the bed and took the hand Dr. Jung gave up to her, “Princess…I am sorry I couldn’t give you all the love you deserved. I wondered if you were to meet someone better than your life could be filled with even more happiness. I am sorry for those thoughts when I knew how much you loved me. I never pictured this to how our story would end…I guess you never realize how much you love someone till they are gone. I am always late…” Taeyeon let out a bitter chuckle. Taking a ring out of her pocket, Taeyeon placed it on Krystal’s finger, “you will always have a place in my heart.” Leaning down, Taeyeon gave her final kiss.

Looking to the doctors, Dr. Jung and Taeyeon signaled they were done so Dr. Seok and Dr. Kim came to the side and pressed the one button that made the monitor go blank. The humming of the machines stopped and the room was still until the heart monitor flat-lined.

"3:09pm Krystal Jung is declared dead."