Fifteen

Trigger

 

“How are the nightmares?”

“I have them every night.” To the point where I am afraid of falling asleep.

“I-I’m sorry Taeyeon...if I would have known...”

Don’t blame yourself Dr. Jung, “It was something I had to face eventually...”

“Yes but you might not have been ready when you don’t know about yourself...”

“Really it is fine. A month has gone by since I woke up and I should know...I should know the bad and hope that I can remember the good.”

“Is it always the same dream?”

“Yes. I see them right before it all happens.” God Taeyeon get a hold of yourself...don’t cry.

“You can let it out Taeyeon. Crying doesn’t make you weak. What you experienced, being hurt and in pain is normal.”

I’ve had enough crying. I want to be stronger, “I just think it is strange to feel sad like this.”

“Really? Why?”

“It is like I have no memory of them before this accident but I have all the attachment towards them as my parents. How can I have these emotions when I don’t remember the parental attachment from past memories?”

“Subconsciously you must remember they raised you and were the ones you held dear to your heart.”

“I also have this feeling you know me more than I know myself.”

“I am only a third party to help you out Taeyeon. Sometimes I can see things you can’t see about yourself but you are the ones having the dreams and ultimately the one living your life. There is no way I could know more about you than yourself.”

“Sometimes I forget you are my doctor too...if you didn’t use all that technical wording, I would see you just as a friend.”

“I am your friend too Taeyeon.”

Only a friend?

“Did you want me to put you on some medications to help you sleep for the time being?”

“No...but I do have a different request.”

“Sure. If it is something I can help with?”

“I want to visit my parents. Do you know where they are? I think I am having these nightmares because I haven’t said a proper goodbye.”

“I will make some phone calls and find out.”

I really get to go out? “Will you come with me?”

“Who else would take you? I have to make sure you are safe.”

Oh my God oh my God, “S-so I am getting released?”

“Temporarily. I think it is good for your treatment...I mean you should visit your parents...”

“Thank you...Dr. Jung. This really means a lot to me.”

“It isn’t much. In fact, it is something we should have done a while ago. I am sorry.”

Why does she always keep blaming herself for my shortcomings? “I am the bad daughter. I should have gone the day I remembered their faces.”

“Taeyeon you were still very sick when you first remembered them. You are looking healthy now.”

“C-can we go tomorrow?”

“I have some things scheduled...” Please say yes, please say yes, “...I can move my scheduled around. Don’t worry I will make the time to take you.”

Dr. Jung I wish you knew how the simplest things you do make me feel all fuzzy inside.