Twenty-Six

Trigger

 

 

Who are you Kim Taeyeon? I wish I could talk to you but your report says you suffered brain injury and are in an induced coma. I have so many questions for you when you wake up.

“Ah so this is where you are hiding these days? I thought maybe you would be with your sister yet I am finding you here.”

Am I really spending more time with Taeyeon? “Don’t be ridiculous, I go to see my sister like every morning.”

“So you spend every break with Taeyeon now?”

So much for a quiet break...Heechul and his huge mouth, “So what if I see her now and then?”

“Oh nothing. I am just wondering why you are with her. She isn’t family...she isn’t a friend...heck she isn’t even an acquaintance to you! I mean we hardly know anything about this girl other than she may or may not have been in the car with your sister and your sister may or may not have a current relationship with her.”

God I hate it when he is right, why am I here? Why do I feel drawn to this room every day?

“Unless...”

“Unless what?”

“You like her!”

“What the hell?! No! No way! She was involved with my sister at one point so eww!”

“Oh come on Jung...she is beautiful and you don’t need to hide the fact that you are like super gay.”

“Huh? Where are you getting these assumptions from?”

“Really? You haven’t figured out that you are attracted to the ladies yet? Wow...just wow...sorry to ruin the surprise for you.”

Heechul must have gone crazy after being stuck in this residency too long, “whatever.”

“All I can say is Taeyeon and mmghahg...” shut up shut up,” sitting mgh in a tree k.i.s.s....mmgng” oh God Heechul no! “Hey stop covering my mouth! I was singing a very wonderful song.”

That’s it, I am outta here, “stop making up assumptions! Nothing is happening or ever will happen got it?”

“You are no fun Jung! Come back here! Kiss your lover goodbye at least.”

Not listening not listening not listening.

“Oh watch where you are going...” not paying attention for 2 seconds and I hit someone, “ah are you by chance Ms. Jung?”

“Yes?”

“Hello! I am officer Choi...umm Choi Minho. I was reassigned to your case regarding Ms. Kim? I was told she was in this room here.”

...Heechul is still in there, “ah yea she is in there.”

“Great! Shall we go together? There are some other things umm regarding your sister that we should discuss.”

“Yea we can go in...” and there is Heechul flirting with a nurse...of course that is why he stayed.

“Oh! That patient there must be Ms. Kim.”

“Yes that is her.”

“Great. I am just going to collect her DNA for confirmation that it is her. We umm will compare to the victims in the morgue to verify as her parents and we had a distant relative pass on her DNA in America already. Things should be settled quickly in identifying her.”

“You said you had news about my sister too?”

“Yes! We looked at the phones you gave us but the water damage was too great to recover anything from the phone. Sorry no pictures like you requested but I do have a transcript here of her phone calls. The phone company had those on record for us to pull up.”

This , nothing but a phone record.

“I am sorry but this is all I can give you. Oh and I did pull up one more thing! Her credit card usage. It wasn’t useful in our investigation but umm I thought you would like it. I am really sorry for your loss and I can understand a bit. I would want to know everything if my sister died too.”

This new officer seems nice, “thank you officer.”

“No worries just doing my job. Have a nice day.”

“Yes you too, bye.”

A credit card history for the past month...what did she spend? Groceries...gas...maybe house appliances?

“What are you looking at?”

Again Heechul is here for the gossip, “a history of my sister’s spending.”

“Oh cool. Let me see!” Does it really matter if he asks? He would just take it from me anyway, “Wow who would spend $5, 679 at one place! That is insane.”

That is a lot of money, “Where do you see that.”

“Here at Kess...Kessl...it is all English...”

Haha his English still , “Kesslers? I think they sell jewelry.”

“Oh good...I thought it could be a person she was paying off.”

“No no...I am pretty sure it is an American jeweler.”

“You should ask what your sister bought.”

“I can’t do that!”

“Sure you can! Just pick up the phone and call. I am curious too.”

“Whatever. I am going...” I am not calling around Heechul but that amount of money could really mean only one thing. Who were you planning on marrying?

 


Note:

HAPPY 1st year Anniversary to Taeyeon's first solo album "I"!!

 

UPDATE:

I am very excited to announce that there will be a total of 5 parts to this story.

The next part will be coming soon and I can't say how excited I am for the 3rd part!

Stay tuned ^^ Thanks for supporting a very frustrating story all this time :)