Ten

Trigger

 

“You are such a kid. You have cake all over your face.” She is so caring wiping my face…I hope she doesn’t see me blushing.

“Because cake is amazing! And I’m not a kid.”

“So you didn’t even remember today was your birthday?”

Well I feel very pathetic for not remembering my own birthday, “Most days blend together but I didn’t even think today was important.”

“Even if you don’t remember, I think it should be celebrated,” silly Dr. Jung, now who is the kid with the cake on her lips.

Omg… what did I just do?

Idiot Kim! How could you just subconsciously think its ok to just wipe off cake on someone’s lips using your hands?

Look now she is coughing cause you made things super awkward…I hope she doesn’t ignore me after this.

“Ah well umm thanks. I guess we are both acting like kids here… been a while since I celebrated someone’s birthday… yea so I must me excited for cake and all…”

“Sure…. Me too. Well several years since I had cake too I’m sure since the coma thing.” Well there you go continuing to be an idiot Kim… everyone knows you were in a coma. Mental slap slap slap.

“Well umm don’t be disappointed if you can’t remember stuff like this but I think you have selective amnesia meaning your brain may not be damaged but some memories are blocked out by choice. It could mean something bad might have happened and you are choosing to forget.”

“Ah… so maybe remembering could make me remember things I don’t want to remember?”

“Maybe, we still need time to see if that is the type of amnesia you have since you don’t even remember most of your life yet. We will work on this slowly together.”

“Dr. Jung I did remember a little of something when the cake was brought out.”

“Really? You want to tell me?”

“Well I must have been celebrating my birthday with a girl but I couldn’t see her but I called her ‘princess’… also every time she touched me I felt so much warmth… like I was safe.” Almost the same feeling you give me Dr. Jung…

“Sounds like you were in love. Did you remember anything else about this girl?”

“Umm maybe. I’m not sure yet but I think she is the same person I saw in the field of flowers I told you about before.”

“I see.”

Why does Dr. Jung look troubled? Maybe you are seeing things wrong… probably just thinking.

“If you remember more about this person, tell me as soon as possible ok?”

Sounds like a command, “O-of course.”

“Enjoy the rest of your cake Taeyeon. I have to get going ok?”

“Ah yea thanks for the party and everything.”

That doesn’t seem like a happy smile… did I say something to upset her? “It was my pleasure. I will tell the nurses to clean up soon.”

“Ok… see you tomorrow?”

“Actually I have the day off. Think of it as a free day without memory homework?”

“Then I will see you later?”

“Of course. Rest well Taeyeon.”

“Bye doc.”

She usually leaves happily… what did I do to upset her? I must have done something.