Ninety-Seven

Trigger

 

The same day, Taeyeon and Sooyeon returned back to the city where Taeyeon was returned to her hospital room, “Sooyeon…”

The doctor stopped and turned to Taeyeon, “Yes?”

“Thanks for today.”

Sooyeon pulled up a chair to sit next to her sleepy patient, “I should be thanking you, it was the best day of my life.”

Taeyeon giggled, “me too.”

Sooyeon kissed Taeyeon on the head, “You should sleep. It is late.”

Taeyeon once again stopped her, “stay…stay with me.”

Sooyeon looked around before getting up and locking the door. She returned to the bed and pulled Taeyeon to her chest, “Taeyeon…” Taeyeon was smiling like an idiot loving the intimate embrace, “Maybe soon…soon I don’t need to be your doctor and you can get discharged.”

“I don’t like that…” Taeyeon mumbled, “I want to see you everyday.”

“Me too…” The doctor bit her lip, “I know it is a little premature but I have an extra room if you wanted to come home with me. You know, when that time comes.”

Taeyeon suddenly felt very awake. She backed away to get a good look at the sincerity in Sooyeon’s eyes, “really?”

The doctor nodded, “Yea. I thought about this for a while. You have been progressing well with Dr. Kwon, I am not sure I can make many more excuses to keep you as a patient. I am worried you won’t have a place to go when discharged and…”

Taeyeon leaned forward and kissed the doctor, “I would love to. As long as I get to see you everyday, I will go anywhere you go.”

Smiling the doctor closed her eyes, “today was a great day.”

Both the doctor and the patient fell fast a sleep in each other’s arms.

 

The next morning the nurse was doing her rounds and came across a locked door, “Taeyeon doesn’t normally lock the door? Going back to her desk, the nurse found the key and proceeded to enter the room but what she saw, caused her quickly close the door and lock it again.

“Hey Sunny!” Nurse Sooyoung came along seeing her shorter friend in shock, “Did you walk in on Taeyeon or something? We bathed her plenty of times…you should be used to her pale body.”

Sunny shook away her shock, “No no. It was nothing.” Sunny pocked the key, “Come on let’s go. Taeyeon needs a lot more sleep.”

Sooyoung looked back at the door she was being pulled away from, “she must be .”