Forty-Four

Trigger

 

 

Dr. Jung was standing near the door as she watched Tiffany and Taeyeon make a rather awkward exchange, “Although this might be new to you right now, I just know we will be best friends like before.”

Taeyeon had agape when she stared at the American girl with nothing to say back.

“Tiffany why don’t we sit down to eat before we start a memory session?” Dr. Jung intervened hoping not to scare Taeyeon away from such a huge shock.

Taeyeon quickly got up from the couch, with wobbly legs, to go to the table, “I am hungry.”

Tiffany’s smile disappeared as Taeyeon completely ignored her, “Oh I brought your favorite Cold Ramen. You would always be complaining in America to have this sent over by your parents.”

“I guess your tastes haven’t changed since. Taeyeon would try negotiating things with me for this all the time to get this food.” Dr. Jung laughed as Tiffany gave a small chuckle.

“So you and TaeTae…ah I mean Taeyeon were getting to know each other well?”

Dr. Jung looked up from her meal, “Well my job is to get Taeyeon to know herself better…if anything, it was the opposite.”

Mouth full of ramen, Taeyeon side eyed the two women banter back and forth about her. She only wondered when Tiffany would leave. The sight of the woman made her sick.

After the meal was done, Dr. Jung thought a session would be better to have another day since Taeyeon was tired from the move and Tiffany reluctantly agreed.

“Do you have everything you need for the night Taeyeon?”

Looking around, she knew the only person she needed would be leaving, “w-what if something happens when I am alone? Like a seizure? Are you sure to leave me all by myself?”

Dr. Jung looked into those brown orbs that were begging her to stay, ‘Should I?’

“It would only be a night…or two…” Taeyeon looked down at her hands clasped as if they were praying for a positive outcome.

Dr. Jung sighed as she held onto her purse, “I would still have to leave in the morning…I have work.”

Taeyeon’s eyes lit up brightly, “Yes of course…I won’t stop you…but umm you should maybe leave your phone number…well you know if I need something or if my head hurts again.”

The doctor couldn’t help but chuckle at this list of demands from the shy little patient, “Of course…should we get you ready for bed then?”

‘Just one night.’

‘I will keep you by myside.’