Twenty-Nine

Trigger

 

God she looks like a porcelain doll laying here so fragile and innocent. What really happened to you and your family Kim Taeyeon? Also, if your family was here in Korea…how did my sister find you America? Did you need to get away from this life here?

“In here again? You know you could spend more time with your sister.”

“You know I meet with her every day.”

“Did you get notice that your sister’s condition stabilized and is going to get moved upstairs?”

“Yea…but that still doesn’t mean she is waking up…and neither is Taeyeon…ouch! Why did you hit me?!”

“Because idiot Dr. Jung should know better that Taeyeon’s condition is very different. Taeyeon isn’t hooked up to every machine under the sun while your sister is only breathing with the help of life support.”

“I do know! I just am guessing she won’t wake up any time soon. Have you seen someone in a coma for over half a year and still survive?”

“It is possible! What was that guy who was in a coma for like 20 years and woke up? It does happen. Science isn’t always exact and things like miracles could happen.”

Miracles could happen…does that mean they could happen for me too?

“Always so negative Jung.”

“You know why. I always have to explain to family why their daughter, son, mother, father had to die. It is painful…”

“Maybe you should be a doctor then. That is our job. Delivering bad news is only easy if you have no soul.”

“It could be…but maybe there is a way I could be a doctor without seeing death happen on a daily basis.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well…I have been thinking.”

“Thinking about what?”

“You know there is Mercy Hospital maybe an hour from here and they are known for long-term care patients…like Taeyeon.”

“Are you leaving me?!”

“I was just thinking of changing…”

“Lalalalalala! I don’t want to hear it!”

“Heechul!”

“You are not leaving me and that is final!”

“Stop acting like a kid and just listen.”

“I don’t want to. How could my only bestest friend in the world leave me?”

“I wouldn’t be leaving permanently. Dr. Seok has a contact over there and was willing to let me finish my residency there.”

“Does this have to do with Taeyeon being transferred to that hospital?”

“No! Why would you think that? I really think this is a good change for me. It isn’t like I want to leave you or my sister but…I don’t think staying here has been doing me any good.”

“ Jung…you are going to make me miss you.”

“You know I will come here and visit after all you need to look out for my sister the days I am gone.”

“Of course. You Jungs big and small are family to me too.”

“Thanks Heechul.”

“You better come back here! I won’t forgive you if you don’t.”

“I will.”

“And take good care of that Kim Taeyeon girl…if she wasn’t happy with her life before, I hope you can help make her happy in the future…that is if she wakes up.”

“I won’t let anything happen to her if my sister treasured her so much and I won’t ever forgive you if my sister even has a scratch!”

“What the hell would happen to her on my watch?”

“I can imagine a lot.”

“Wow…I can see our friendship wasn’t based on trust.”

“That was a joke…jeeze you have no sense of humor.”

“Yea right…have you ever thought that you are not that funny? The room goes dead every time you tell a joke.”

“I am an acquired taste.”

“That you are…is that why you live such a lonely life?”

“Yah! You are so dead Heechul!”

 

 



**If you can't see the poll above (prob because you are using Google-Chrome) you can answer in comments section: Who is Dr. Jung?**