Eighty-Nine

Trigger

 

The beeping of the monitors broke the silence in the quiet room. Dr. Jung sat next to the bed watching her patient breathe softly as if just the raising of her chest up and down gave her a sense of peace.

Eventually the doctor stood up and walked up to the patient, and placed her hand softly on the delicate cheek, “It’s been nearly a year…I wish you would wake up.”

A knock on the door pulled the doctor away from her patient, “Hey.”

Dr. Jung smiled at her friend, “What brings you here?”

“I was passing by and saw you in here again. It is like when she was here the first time. You were always waiting by her bed then.”

The doctor laughed, “It is strange how things go full circle.”

“It isn’t your fault.” Dr. Kwon walked up to her friend who looked away, “Jessica this isn’t your fault. She is sick. We thought it was right to put her back under…none of us would have known she wouldn’t wake up again.”

Sniffling, the doctor wiped away her tears, “I pushed her.”

Dr. Kwon drew the older woman into a hug, “No you cared for her. If she woke up once, she will again.”

Dr. Jung hugged her friend tightly, “I need her to.”

Suddenly the heart monitor’s beeping increased causing both doctors to turn around, “has it done that before?”

Dr. Jung hurried over and flashed a light in both the patient’s eyes, “Taeyeon…Taeyeon…can you hear me?”

Dr. Kwon stood by watching, “should I get the nurses?”

The doctor ignored her friend, “Taeyeon…”

Suddenly two eyes opened and squinted at the bright lights. felt dry and raspy when she squeezed out, “Jessica?”

The doctor was taken back…she never called her that before, “Taeyeon…how are you feeling. Anything hurt?”

Tears formed around Taeyeon’s eyes, “no…no…”

“Nothing hurts? Then why are you crying?” Dr. Jung tried to carrry out a simple exam to see if there was something wrong.

Taeyeon sniffled and nearly choked on her tears while the doctor helped Taeyeon sit up, “this can’t be…how…”

“Taeyeon you went back into a coma after our last session. We were with Tiffany…”

“That was…almost a year…”

The doctor didn’t know how Taeyeon knew that, “yes. Nearly a year ago. You were in a coma for that long.”

Taeyeon reached up to wipe her tears away although her arm felt heavy, “no…that would mean…You…and I…does that mean...” Taeyeon looked into the doctor’s eyes, “Krystal is alive?”

The doctor frowned, “She is still in the other hospital, yes.”

 

 

**Returning to Chapter 64**

 

 

 

 


Author's Note: I thought Chapter 89 is appropriate for Taeyeon's birthday! Happy 30th Taeyeon!

Happy Birthday Taeyeon!