Twenty-Four

Trigger

 

 

“Wow it really is the girl in the picture.” Well that was what I thought too Heechul.

“So you do know her?”

“I am not sure. It is just that this picture looks exactly like the girl here and you did say she was found at the accident site?”

“Yes. That is what the police were doing here the first few days hoping she woke up.”

“Would the police know what car she was taken from?” If this is Kim Taeyeon, then there must be evidence that she came from my sister’s car right?

“I am sorry doctor, I am only a nurse here in this unit. You could try going to the police station and finding out but from what I know, this whole situation has been a mess. I heard they are still recovering bodies and most of the vehicles are under water.”

I know. I haven’t heard much from the police since the accident too.

“Thank you nurse.”

“No problem doctor, if you do find out the girl’s identity, we would like to change the forms into her name.”

“Yes I understand.”

“So…the girl in the picture…do you really this this is her Jung?”

“I hope so…” if my sister ever woke up and found her partner dead…I am sure she would be devastated.

“What will you do now?”

“I guess the police station that is handling this case is near the airport. I was thinking I would go there and ask some questions and hopefully verify this girl.”

“Need me to come?”

“No. I can do it alone Heechul but thanks.”

----------------------

Holy . Maybe that nurse was right, this police station looks like it is in a -storm. Are all these people here really related to the accident?

“Excuse me mam, can we help you?”

“Ah yes. I have an inquiry about a person related to the bridge accident.”

“Please fill out this form and an officer will be right with you.”

“Ah thanks.” Stupid forms. What do any of these have to do with the accident at all.

~45 minutes later~

“Ms. Jung!”

“Here!” Oh my god I almost fell asleep waiting.

“Please follow me.”

Wow this station is still busy all day.

“Ah Ms. Jung nice to meet you. I am officer Yoo. I am part of the team handling the case for the bridge collapse. What can I help you with?”

“Well you see…umm my sister was involved in the accident and I wanted to know if there were others in the car. I have a suspicion that this girl here in the picture was with her. I don’t have confirmation on her identity but I believe her name is Kim Taeyeon. I was told at the hospital she was recovered from the bridge collapse too.”

“Ok. I have the files here on the computer…we haven’t recovered the vehicles due to costs at the moment but divers have been in the river recovering evidence and bodies. However, if evidence about a family member was recovered, we would have contacted you to verify.”

“I haven’t got anything from the police.”

“I see. Do you know the brand of car?”

“No but it is a rental. I am sure there was a record of her buying the car.”

“That is something I can look up. Hold on a moment Ms. Jung.”

“Do you need her name or date of birth?”

“No need Ms. Jung. I have the name right here from the form you filled out a while ago.”

“Oh yea. I almost forgot about that.”

“No worries. Umm let’s see here…we have on file her flight information and she rented a car from the airport. Can you verify this is her signature?”

“Yes that is.”

“Alright so now that we have the vehicle number, I am going to cross reference the cars we found and see if there is evidence retrieved.”

“Thank you officer.”

“Umm Ms. Jung…I am not sure how to tell you this but if your sister was in the car, she was not alone. I need you to come down to the coroner.”

“What do you mean?”

“I have recorded here that the car was exhumed and 2 bodies were found.”

Who would have been in the car with them? Not my parents? Maybe my sister had friends?

“Alright…but I am not sure if I could identify them.”

“It would be of great assistance if you try.”

“Alright.”

“The coroner is down the road a bit along with evidence. Do you have time now to go?”

Heechul is going to hate me for being late to night shift again but I need to know, “Yes I can go.”

“Great! Follow me.”