Seventy-Two

Trigger

 

 

 

Taeyeon walked into the home carefully. It wasn’t her first time here, but something about Dr. Jung’s house made her feel self-conscious.

“I will get you something to sleep in. Why don’t you sit on the couch? I am sure you are tired.”

Taeyeon watched as Dr. Jung disappeared into the bedroom. It allowed her more time to scan the room. Everything was the same. It was if Dr. Jung hardly spent any time in this place.

“Here. You can take this for tonight and change into this tomorrow morning.”

Taeyeon took the clothing, “Thanks.”

“I think it would be better if you took the bed. I will sleep on the couch.”

Taeyeon stood up, “No no. I can be on the couch.”

Dr. Jung put her hands on her hip and stared down at the patient, “I can go all doctor mode on you if you want. I am asking nicely for you to take the bed. It would be better for you.”

Taeyeon wanted to defy the master of the home, but she lacked all the courage when she gazed into those eyes, “o-okay.”

Returning to her warm-self, Dr. Jung smiled, “Good. Now what do you want for supper?”

With the moving around, Taeyeon didn’t notice her stomach was rumbling, “You cook?”

Dr. Jung scratched her head, “Umm not really. I have a drawer full of restaurants we can order from. What did you want?” Taeyeon opened but the doctor interjected, “Not McDonalds I am not Dr. Kwon.”

Taeyeon immediately put on a cute pout, “I want the happy-meal…”

Dr. Jung sighed as she looked into her patient’s eyes, “Do you even eat the food or just want the toy?”

“Toy.” Taeyeon said plainly, “I almost have the whole collection.”

“You know you can just go there and buy the toy? You don’t need to order the meal.”

Taeyeon got up from her seat and into the kitchen where the doctor was looking over restaurant menus, “What is the fun in that. A happy meal is like Christmas. You never know what is in the box.”

Dr. Jung watched as Taeyeon closed the space and plucked the menu out of her hand, “What if I buy the toy tomorrow for you and put it in a box for you to open?”

“I would like that.” Taeyeon laughed at the thought, “jjajangmyun tonight sounds nice.”

The doctor watched intently at her patient, so close, she could feel Taeyeon’s breath on her nape, “j-jjajan…yea…sounds nice.” Taeyeon smiled happily before trotting back to the couch and making herself comfortable in front of the TV. Dr. Jung watched as Taeyeon Spongebob to which she rolled her eyes, “a kid trapped in a woman’s body.”

That night Taeyeon had her first meal outside of the hospital and was welcomed into a home that was full of laughter and fighting over the TV because Dr. Jung wasn’t going to watch Spongebob on her night off.

 

 


Author's Note

Sorry everything is not getting updated on a timely manner. Sometimes things come up and time flies away.