Eleven

Trigger

 

“Where is Dr. Jung? I haven’t seen her all day?”

Humm a pair of kings. I am going to get your 3 candy pieces this time Nurse Sunny!

“She asked for leave today.”

Was it really something I did yesterday? She was acting all weird. I hope I didn’t upset her.

“Ok! Show your cards Kim Taeyeon!”

What?! This girl cheats!

“No way! How can you have a full house again! And with the other 2 kings? You are robbing me of my gummies!”

“Now now don’t be a sore loser.”

“Hello girls what are you doing? Sunny are you here dumping your duties onto me this whole time?”

Ohhh tall nurse got mad.

“Gambling? Taeyeon you should be careful. This girl here is a card shark!”

“Am not! I play fair and square.”

“Do not! I lost nearly $200 trying to...”

Oh my they are fighting again. Usually Dr. Jung comes in and shoos them out but I guess not today. I wonder why tall and short nurse always fight? They seem like best friends most days. I wish I had another friend...does Dr. Jung count as a friend?

“Are you zoning out?”

“Huh?” Oh they are both looking at me now.

“Something wrong? You look a bit down.”

“Oh,” do I? “I was just thinking it would be nice to have a friend here and all.”

“What do you mean no friends? Nurse Choi and I can be your friends...oh and Dr. Jung! She is your friend too.”

“I don’t know...I mean I like all your company! Just that sometimes I feel like there was another life with other people and I wonder why I don’t get to fight with them and such...”

“Haha! Wow you like fighting? You could put a cucumber or melon in Dr. Jung’s face and she will probably punch you.”

“Melon and cucumber?”

“Yea she is not very fond of those apparently. One time nurse Choi played a prank and she couldn’t walk for a few days cause of how hard Dr. Jung kicked her.”

“Wow...I never pictured her as violent.”

“Well...Dr. Jung wouldn’t hit a patient I think but she sure does have a violent and angry side. Pretty scary if you ask us.”

“I see.” Humm I am feeling pretty tired right now.

“Hey Sunny why don’t you call your game quits. Taeyeon should get some rest.”

“Are you tired Taeyeon?”

“A bit.”

“Okay I will take these...”

My poor gummies!!! She is taking them all!

“And you can get some rest.”

I will rest after crying myself to sleep I guess. Eyes are heavy though. Wonder if the pain medication is...

“Eeeek! Kim Taeyeon!”

Ouch ouch don’t hit me...so painful.

“How dare you put cucumbers in my sandwich as a prank!”

“It is April Fool’s Day! I thought it would be funny.”

“It is not!”

Ouch ouch ouch! “Stop hitting me love!”

“Ugh let go of me! Your hugs won’t fix this!”

“How about kisses”

“Eww stop slobbering over my face.”

“Hold still then so I can give you some sweet kisses on your lips.”

“Don’t you think this gives you forgiveness.”

I can tell you are crumbling already. I love kissing my princess and holding her in my arms. With her sweet lips against mine I feel like I am falling and floating at the same time.

“Are you sure?”

Oh oh is that a pout?

“Did I really upset you that much? You didn’t even eat it love.”

“Doesn’t matter...you still put it in there.”

“Oh baby turn that frown upside down. I will kiss you and hold you till you do.”

Cute. Trying to hide your smile?

“Humph...no....”

“Aww baby don’t be stubborn. I know you love my kisses and when we make love...” Ouch! “Why did you push me?”

“ert!”

“Yah! Why you running away? Princess, baby...”

 

“Have a nice nap?”

Huh? “Why are you here Dr. Jung?” What time is it? Isn’t it late?

“I had some paperwork and thought I would check in. You were tossing around a lot.”

“Oh I ugh...was fighting in my dream.”

“About what?”

“Cucumbers?”

Haha! So cute! She really does hate them if her nose wrinkles cutely like that.

“Do you not like them Dr. Jung?”

“They are the most foul thing on this Earth!”

“Haha! Really?”

“Yes! Ugh...Dr. Choi was so cruel one time and placed slices all over my face when I was sleeping. Doctors don’t get much sleep and she covered my whole face! When I woke up I was literally covered in cucumbers!”

Oh? So that is what happened? Wow Dr. Choi sounds ruthless.

“Anyway...she got what she deserved after that incident.”

“I bet.”

“Anyway. Get your rest Taeyeon. You still have therapy in the morning.”

“Wait! Dr. Jung...”

“Yes?”

“I ah um...”

“Did you remember something important?”

Does the cucumbers really relate to you? “Never mind. Have a good rest.”

“You too Taeyeon.”

Maybe fear of cucumbers is a common thing?