Twenty-Eight

Trigger

 

“Hey Taeyeon…umm I don’t know if you can hear me but I wanted to tell you that your parent’s funeral is today. It should be you who organized it…I know that, but it doesn’t seem possible now that you were confirmed to be in a coma. I hope this is ok and you don’t hold this against me in the future.”

“Hey are you ready to go?”

“Oh wow Heechul I didn’t know you could clean up like this.” He almost looks very attractive in a suit.

“It is a funeral! Of course I would be respectful.”

“I am learning more about you every day.”

“You make it sound like I was a complete slob before.”

“Well you kind of were.”

“Whatever Jung. Did you want to get going?”

“Yea I guess…” See you soon Taeyeon.

“Did you get to see your sister too?”

“Yea I went up to talk to her before doing this. Heechul do you really think I am doing the right thing? This isn’t my family.”

“Everyone deserves to have their funeral rights. We don’t know when Taeyeon will wake up…I think it is better to put them to rest.”

“Thanks for coming with me today.”

“That’s what friends are for and I saw how nervous you were all week with this. Maybe you need more support than the actual family.”

“I really hope that everything goes smoothly.”

“How can you really mess up a funeral?”

“I am not worried about me messing something up but how the other family members will behave. That one relative made it sound like something ominous would happen.”

“I think you are getting ahead of yourself Jung.”

“Maybe.”

----------------------

“Heechul what time is it?”

“12:45.”

“We did put in the ad that the funeral started at 11:30am right?”

“Yea I saw it in the papers like that too.”

“Where is everyone?”

“I have no idea.” Is no one really coming? Was Taeyeon’s aunt really telling the truth that no one liked the Kims?

“Hey get up someone is coming!”

“Ah good afternoon sir.”

“Is this the Kim’s funeral?”

“Ah yes it is.”

“I read the newspaper and was shocked to see this couple die in such a tragedy. They were the nicest little family I knew.”

“You knew them?”

“Of course! They were regular customers at my grocery store…have I come too late that everyone left?”

“I am sorry sir…so far you are the only one who came.”

“Oh my! How can that be? The Kims seemed like such a wonderful family. Do you know where their little girls are?”

“Girls?”

“Oh yes…they had two daughters if I wasn’t mistaken. It really has been a long while since I last saw them…it was like they all disappeared after a while.”

Taeyeon has a sister but Taeyeon’s aunt didn’t seem to know about another daughter…

“However if I remember right, the Kims did keep to themselves…I would see them around town from time to time but I hardly saw them with other couples. Even the daughters just played with each other…no other friends that I saw. It never made sense to me because they were always so friendly.”

“I don’t know sir…but you really are the only visitor.”

“That is a shame. How could this happen…”

Really how could this happen? Taeyeon did you really live such a lonely life?