Twelve

Trigger

 

“Are you getting tired? Should we go back?”

God this is f*n hard, “N-no...no I can finish.”

“We don’t have to make it down the hall. Just a few steps a day is good.”

Stupid legs work. Left right left right, “I got it.”

“Ok I am right behind you if you need help. You only got movement back in your legs a week ago so you don’t need to push yourself.”

“Nurse Sunny thanks for the concern but all this pain makes me happy. I am happy that after all these years, I can finally use my arms, my legs and have the chance to talk to all of you other than laying in that bed. This pain and struggle...really makes me happy.”

Ok Taeyeon the turn...just swing your leg over and turn the walker. Gah! Turn turn turn, “Here Taeyeon let me help you. Turning to go back might be a bit difficult.”

No problem...so you can’t turn yet, no big deal. Just focus on getting back to the room. Does this hallway look longer? How am I going to make it back there? I am so tired already...gah this is impossible! That is what you get for being ambitious and wanting to impress Dr. Jung. Where is that woman anyway? How can I impress her with my amazing walking skills if she isn’t here to see it?

Ah right on que, my audience of one, “Nurse Sunny have you seen...oh there you are Taeyeon. Are you sure you should be walking this far?”

“I can do it!” Woah don’t let go of the walker. Keep your cool...you didn’t almost fall. She probably didn’t see it anyway.

“Careful and hold the walker. You aren’t strong enough to hold your weight.”

...she saw, “Ah I was just dancing?”

Stupid stupid answer...at least I get to hear that cute giggle, “Ok. Is the dance called the wobble?”

Is she making fun of me? Touché Dr. Jung, “Haha no.”

“Nurse Sunny why don’t you help me get Taeyeon back.”

“I really can do it!” Come on legs, show them what you got...ok...you got nothing.

“We will help you back to your room. You shouldn’t overwork yourself.” Ok this isn’t a bad thing. Dr. Jung is soft...smells so so nice. Yes this is definitely a good thing. Legs you are forgiven if I get to hold onto her like this.

“There, are you comfortable? Need anything else?”

“Water?”

“Ok-I will...”

“No need Nurse Sunny. I will get it for her. You are dismissed.”

“Ok. See you around Taeyeon. You have Dr. Jung all to yourself.” Was that a wink the nurse gave me? What is she implying? Strange winking nurse or was that an eye twitch?

“Here’s your water.”

“Ah thanks.” Oh she is pulling up a chair, “Did we have a scheduled session?”

“Not really but you don’t mind talking to me do you?”

“Of course not...I like talking with you.”

“Good. So how are you doing?”

“Well. The legs are working reasonably well. I see flashbacks sometimes.”

“So would you say these flashbacks are helping you get some of your memories back?”

“A bit, but sometimes I can’t tell if I am having a flashback or a dream.”

Taking out a pen and notebook...I guess we are having a session, “It is normal for something as a memory to fuse into some people and situations that you are experiencing today. What was your latest flashback or dreams you were having?”

“Simple things like having meals and such with family. I am pretty sure they were all my family.”

“What about the girl? No more with her?”

“I ah...am not sure what is...” Gah this is embarrassing.

“You can tell me anything here Taeyeon. Everything is confidential.”

“I am just a bit embarrassed.”

“You don’t have to tell me, but I am here to help you.”

“Yea I know...it is just this past dream involved you...”

“Me? I guess that makes sense. We see each other almost every day.”

Ok ok she doesn’t look surprised or disgusted...good news, “It wasn’t anything special. We were in a home together...like umm our home?”

Oh no...that is a shocked face, “Our home?”

“Yea it seemed like we were living together.”

Does her face look pinker than normal?

“Ok go on.”

“Like I said it was just normal. Eating breakfast and all...almost like a normal day getting ready for work. Dr. Jung...is this really just a dream?”

“Ah well Taeyeon...” Oh why is she standing up? Where you going! “We have to continue this session another time. We will pick up on this conversation later ok?”

“Ok?”

Did she really just leave me? How am I supposed to know if that was real or a dream? I hope I wasn’t too upfront with my feelings for her? I really do wish that dream was true...or will come true.