Twenty-Five

Trigger

 

“Ms. Jung do you know these people?”

Gross dead bodies! Well they look older…maybe my parent’s age?

“I am sorry I don’t know them but they do resemble someone…”

“Would you have any idea? We can put any name or family name into our systems to help with the facial recognition software.”

Who do they look like? I know this face is somewhat familiar…

“Kim Taeyeon are these your parents?”

“Do you really think it is the girl in the photo?”

Did I put that photo in my purse? Let’s see…I can see a resemblance, “Maybe.”

“If you don’t mind, I would like to scan the photo to see if her ID comes up under the name you gave me.”

“Did any IDs or passports show up in the recovery efforts?”

“Those items could be still in the car but I know there isn’t a record of something like that from your sister’s car. Did you want to go to evidence and shift through the items thus far?”

Hell yea! Who wants to be in a place with dead people all day? “Please.”

“Alright we just have to go upstairs.”

Thank goodness we left the dead people holding area. I am sure they are over booked already and those bodies should get a proper burial. What if those were Taeyeon’s parents though? If she were to wake up and know her parents were gone…that would be devastating. I don’t think I could handle more heartbreak than she already would have.

“Ok Ms. Jung I am going to leave you into this room while I get the evidence box ok?”

“Alright.”

“Goodness, this room seems like I am under interrogation for some horrible crime. Scary dim room…I would be convinced to spill everything here.” What to do here…empty room while I wait for a box. Maybe a nap?

“Miss…miss wake up please.”

Huh?

“Did you really fall asleep for the 10 minutes I was gone?”

That would be not enough sleep then, “I guess?”

“Umm ok…well here is the box. You are free to look in it but you can’t take anything with you until the investigation closes. I am going to scan this photo so take your time.”

Aww there goes my precious photo! “Thank you officer.”

Ok time to see what is in this box! A rather large box…maybe because there are mostly clothes. I am guessing the suitcases were taken and emptied into here to be logged. I don’t care about clothes. There is some jewelry here but I don’t think it is important. Some of this jewelry is pretty like these rings. I wonder if it is all real…maybe this was the older woman’s wedding band? That is logged in these boxes right?

Ok I am done with the box of clothing. What would be in this other box? Oh electronics! I doubt any of these phones would work…wait this is my sisters’! I know I have seen her playing on it when we video chatted. I doubt it works with it being under water and all but I should ask the police officer when he gets back if there is some hard driving thing or Cloud we can get out of the phone. Sorry sis, I would never invade your privacy if you were not in this accident.

“Hello Ms. Jung have you found anything of interest?”

“These phones. Can you get anything out of them?”

“Humm they were underwater for a long time but I can see what the technical guys can do. I am sure they can at the very least pull up phone records.”

“I am looking more for photos if those can be retrieved. I am sure my sister used some kind of backup for her phone.”

“We can try miss but this would cost a fee since we are allowing our resources for personal reasons beyond the scope of the investigation.”

“I understand. I will pay anything to understand what was happening to my sister.”

“Yes mam. We will try to help and umm here is your photo back.”

“Did you do a scan already?”

“Ah yes! We did facial recognition and that girl Kim Taeyeon came up! I am also tracking down family as we speak. We will give you a call when those results come out. The police will probably come by the hospital to verify your patient as Kim Taeyeon.”

“Thank you officer.”

“No problem. We will probably be talking again soon.”

“I am sure we will. Thank you again.”

“Bye Ms. Jung.”

One mystery solved. I have found you Kim Taeyeon, but who are you really? Agh! Why does it seem like my sister was living a secret life from me? Stress!