Set Me Free

Just Once, If You Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Set Me Free

 

24th August 2014, Sunday, 11:59 a.m.

Yul's Apartment: Kitchen.

 

"You're not fine. Can't you just let your guard down and just tell me your true feelings? Can't you?"

 

Hyuna had to close her eyes to calm herself because this man is being so stubborn right now. "What if I let my guard down? What if I told you my feelings? What can you do?"

 

"I can set you free." He answer looking so sincere. "I want to set you free. We didn't end up in a good way and we never once talk about it. I guess we both need it. We need a closures to all of had happened. Let me in, Kim Hyuna. I will help you out with Jiyong if you really love him. Don't live this way. You're hurting yourself. If you're hurting then I'm gonna get hurt too because you're this way because of me." 

 

She once again didn't say anything about it.

 

"Hyuna, I'm talking to you."

 

She look at him and seems hesitate in what she's about to say. She nods. "Set me free and I think you need one too." She said and both have this staring battle again before he nods at her and let out a small smile. 

 

"Lets do that." He said and she smile back. 

 

Indeed, both of them need one.

 

 

 

Living Room - 12:47 p.m.

 

Hyuna had done freshen up and he join Yul in the living room. Both ex-lover sit facing each other and ready to begin a new start of their life. "I have clean up the house while you're taking shower." He start. "Do you really like it here?" He suddenly asked.

 

She slowly nods. "Why?"

 

He get up and take out an envelope inside the cabinet near the TV then he take a seat again. "Open it." He push the envelope to her direction.

 

She raise her brows in confusion but she still reach for it. She is kind of nervous to find out what is inside. She take out the whole paper in there and begin to scan it carefully. She blinks her eyes repeatly as she read it. "You're giving this house to me?" She asked in disbelief tone and look at him.

 

He smile and nods. "I'm sorry for being unecessary mad earlier and all. I realized I'm not in the place to do that considering I'm your future brother-in-law." He take a deep breath and clasp his hands. "I've been planning to give you this house before I went to army but I didn't got a chance to do it so I'm going to do it now." 

 

"Huh? Seriously?" She asked again. 

 

He nods. "I'm giving this house to you now Kim Hyuna. All you need to do is leave your signature below. Right beside mine." He take the paper away from her and put it on the desk.

 

"Are you sure?" 

 

"I'm very sure but if you don't want it then I will just sell it in the black market." He said calmly. He had planned this all along actually. He don't want to keep something that will remind him of her.

 

She don't know what to do. She needs to move on too. She has love him too much and she know it useless. She don't want to linger around something that will bring her back to him. "You see this house contain our memories in it. Like lots of our memories. What if you just sell it away? So that none of us will get hurt again and none of us will attempt on coming back here again. How is that sound?" She suggest as she slightly grin.

 

"Well that was what I planned too but looking at how comfortable you are here so I decided to just give it to you." He gather the document and put it back in the envelope. "Besides, I never really visit here anymore after that incident." He said in a low tone.

 

"That is understanding. So what should we do now?" She asked.

 

"About this house don't you worry. I will handle it." He stop and glance at her for a while. "Don't you think that you need to get a treatment?" 

 

"I'm planning to go for a check up with my members tomorrow." She said. 

 

He nods and silence surround them. Both feel suffocated with the surrounding. "About the thing we talked about before. Can you start it now?" He timidly asked. 

 

She take a deep breath and nods.

 

...

 

Hyuna bring two cups of tea to the table and place one in front of him. "Have a drink, oppa." 

 

He nods and sipped the tea. Then he look at her with question look. She know she has to let him know so that she can set him free too even though it looks like he is already let himself free.

 

"Remember the day after you got back from Busan after you discharged from army?" She asked.

 

"Yes. What about that?" He pay his full attention to her. 

 

"Your appa texted me saying that he wants to get to know me even more so texted each other for a quite some time. I had no idea how could he got my number." She curiously said and continue.

 

"After your birthday party, he suddenly told me to cut off my relationship with you. I was so shocked that time. I thought I did wrong so I keep saying sorry to him. Then there was a day he said he want to meet me at this private restaurant and we met there. Just the two of us."

 

"And then?" Yul get impatient. 

 

"He placed the photo of my group members one by one on the table and then he placed my parents' photo then my other relatives. He did a background checked regarding each of my family and my members. I freaked out big time at that." She said as her eyes go wide.

 

"He said he won't hesitate to bring my members down by creating a scandal about them and he will use his power to make my other relatives lose their job. I find it hard to believe at first but then he told me to give a phone call to my uncle and have a talk with him. Turned out my uncle just got fired by his employer at that very moment. I was so scared that I can't think of anything else." She talk in a fast manner.

 

"Hey, drink up." He said as she seems out of breath from talking too much. 

 

"Thanks." She hurriedly sipped her drink and continue the story. "He even can kill someone if I still want to go on my relationship with you. The last photo he showed me was your photo." She stop and asked him. "Are you sure you want to know about it?" 

 

He nods. "I need to know everything. Don't hide any content, Kim Hyuna." 

 

She lean her back at the chair and sigh. "He dare to threaten me that he will hurt you or even locked you away somewhere as long as we can't be together. Worse. He said he can kill me if I'm still stubborn to go on and he said that if you can't listen to him anymore then it's better if he just send you away to hell for being such a disrespectful son to him." She ended it in a low tone. 

 

"Then?"

 

"I put my feeling aside because everyone's life were on the line and I'm the only that can save all of you at that time so I agreed to his planned and boom. You see what had happened. Done!" She said and timidly smile. 

 

Yul caressed the cup and stare blankly at the table. "Mianhae, Hyuna-ah. Jongmal mianhae. I-- I seriously never thought that he dare to do that. I don't remember him as someone as heartless like that. He was a very warm-hearted man." He said and look up to her. He sigh as one burden in his heart lifted. He finally know the truth behind it.

 

"Gwenchana. It all had happened and there is nothing we can do about it." She said and smile. "So how was it? Does that feeling still there, oppa?" She asked and didn't dare to meet his gaze.

 

Yul stop staring down and glance at her. "Mianhae. That feeling is no longer there. There is no longer even tiny little pieces of love in my heart for you. I know I promised to love you forever but thing changed. You found someone you love too now. All I feel for you is sorry. I felt sorry for you. You had gone through a lot of because of my father. You lost your job, you lost your love and you almost lost your life because of it." 

 

He stand and bowed deeply at her. "I'm really sorry for all the pain my father caused you and I'm also sorry for the pain I've caused you too." He said as he stand firmly in front of her. "Geurae. After I was informed that you're still alive I got so confused that I don't act on my right mind sometimes but I wonder why my heart didn't have this urge to ask you to comeback to me. At that time I found out that I have already succeed to erase you away from my heart for the meant time I thought you're already dead."

 

"I learned that I'm slowly letting you go in that meant time and when we first met after the day your fake death was announced I still feel that love towards you but it's not that strong anymore. After that I learned that you and Jiyong are together. I felt betrayed that time and thought 'Ah, I still love her uh?' but then as the time passed, I told myself to look at you as a little sister which I think I succeed at that too."

 

"When I look at you now, I thought of you as my little sister, I thought of you as a close friend who know me inside out. Thank you and I hope Jiyong will love you as much as I do to you in the past or even much more than I could. I really hope the best for you because I really want to see you happy."

 

"A man and a woman can't be friend with each other if both are singles but the thing is we have someone we love very dearly in our life now so I think if we stay as friend it won't hurt hm?" He asked and smile genuinely.

 

She smile back and nods. 

 

"What about you? Is it still there, Hyuna-ah?" He asked as he look straight into her eyes.

 

"Well I think it's different for my case." She start and as both of them decided to be honest with each other so she want to be honest too after hearing his answers just now. 

 

"You see, oppa. The moment I agreed to the planned I know I should've forced myself to forget you since then but what can I do? I love you too much and I can't forget you even time passed by because I know you're out there struggling with your life just like me. But I'm glad you fell for Sica unnie. She makes you so happy. I envy her for that because I know I can only look at you from far."

 

"I'm drown into a deep depression. My family and my members were always there for me but I refused to listen to them until there was this one moment in 2 months ago when I realized that I need to chan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter