The Curiosity

Just Once, If You Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The Curiosity

 

23rd August 2014, Saturday, 04:33 p.m.

Kwon Mansion: The Gardens. 

 

It's been a week since their hot made love session and as for now they are at the Kwon's for a barbeque party. It seems like it has become something that they need to do at least once a month. 

 

Jessica is talking to Yoona happily as their other relatives join along. They catch up things with each other and those aunties would ask Jessica about her pregnancy and they will even offer an advice for the mommy-to-be.

 

The surrounding gets loud when Jiyong and Hyuna walk into the gardens side by side with a smile. They greet the newly arrived couple and serve them the drink.

 

 

 

Yul's Room - 04:45 p.m.

 

Meanwhile Yul is in his room to clean up himself because he smell like a rotten beef since he helped them out with grilling right after he arrived. As much as he didn't like to be here because he still have that kind of uncomfortable feelings whenever his father around but still he need to accept it.

 

Not only the people around him but he also think about it for a long time already. For how long he want to get mad at his own father? But to think of it again about what the older Kwon did is not forgiveable at all. He dare to asked someone to fake a death for the sake of his reputation is something that totally unacceptable. 

 

His feet make way to the closet but soon he stop once he stand in front of the closet that Hyuna and him bought together a few months ago to load her gift for him. He can't help but feel bitter. He didn't even open all of the gift she gave her. His eyes suddenly grow wide for a sudden realization. To think about it he still didn't open the gift that Jessica gave him on his birthday last year too.

 

"Where did I put it? Damn!" He thought and move to the store room where he stuffed all of the gift his friends gave him back then. Well it's only Hyuna's gift that are arrange beautifully in the closet while the other are in the store room that connected to his room.

 

He begin to rummage the bunch of gift which take space almost half of the store room. "Will I even able to find it in this short of time?" He mumbles but didn't stop looking. "God! I don't even remember how it looks like. How can I even--" He didn't finished his words when this certain medium size box caught his eyes. He stop whatever he's doing and take the box carefully.

 

It wrapped with a red and black colour wrapper. It is so neat, eye-catching and outstanding. Soon he found a card that is in white colour on the top of it. He certain that maybe this is the front side of whatever inside. 

 

Thank goodness luck is on his side today because the gift is from Jessica. The one that he has been trying so hard to look for just now. Even the way she wrapped the gift was so outstanding and not to mention the person who gave him this. She is very outstanding and yet he never sees her the way the other guy would see because he was so in love with Hyuna all the time. 

 

He begin to read the card and it turned out sound like a whisper because he is feeling something he can't even describe right now. He can't believe that he forget about her present for him. 

 

 

'Hello Kwon Yul-shi,

I heard from Yoona that your dress code is gonna be black and red so I have decided to choose a wrapper that match with your attire. Kkk. I hope you didn't found this childish though.

I want to wish you a happy birthday and I hope you have a great year ahead! Don't be sad and always be happy because you deserve all the happiness in the world. Lets work things out and do as much as we can to oppose the wedding. Even though they are our parents but still they don't have right to force us into this situation. It's our life so lets stand for our decision. Together we fight for it. Hwaiting!'

(P.S I hope you like the gift!) - Jessica Jung-shi

 

 

Yul had to chuckle at the way she wrote her name by adding 'shi' at the end of it considering they didn't drop the honorifics yet that time. "But why did Yoona need to told her about my dress code?" He thought for a while.

 

"Oppose the wedding uh? I wonder what will happen now if we succeed to oppose it." He smile bitterly at that but he shook his head furiously to get off whatever on his mind right now. "Areum won't happen if that happened and I don't want that. She's my precious. Jessica too." But he stop again and begin to zone out. 

 

"I wonder what is inside." He mumbles while lock the store room and make way to his bedroom after break off his thought.

 

If only he knew what makes his father called him in the morning where Yul found Hyuna dead in his arms. Truth to be told, Mr. Kwon was totally planned to back out and give HyunYul a chance because Jessica is too nice that he can't decline her request.

 

Even though Mr. Kwon knew it's too late to give HyunYul a chance because Hyuna was supposed to proceed to it the night before the event in order for them to found her dead in the morning but he still give a shot with hope maybe Hyuna decided to be stubborn and fight for her love for Yul but she didn't. She loves Yul more than anything that her feeling doesn't even matter in the first place.

 

Mr. Kwon's world crashed too the moment he heard the cracked voice from his oldest son telling him that the love of his life was gone and that his father was too late to realize. 

 

...

 

He placed the gift on the work table and take a few pictures of it before he unwrap it. He get impatient but he don't want to rip the wrapper apart since she did it so beautifully. 

 

"Wow I'm so insane for opening the gift after almost nine freaking month!" He hissed in disbelief tone while shaking his head slowly.

 

He manage to take off the wrapper and open the box slowly only to find the dopp kit. It's in black colour and Yul just like anything that is in black. He take the dopp kit out and found another gift in the box. It's a wool cashmere cardigan and amazingly it suits his taste well. The cardigan is in grey colour and he is satisfied with her brilliant choice. 

 

"As expected from our creative CEO." He thought with a wide smile and shook his head but soon his smile fade away. "She must be feeling sad that she never saw me use any of her gift." He sigh and think of it for a while.

 

"Maybe I should bring this dopp kit with me on our honeymoon later and as for this cardigan..." He tapped his chin as his mind wander again. "Probably use it for airport fashion later on..." He smile at it and keep the gift in the closet carefully.

 

 

 

Kitchen - 05:30 p.m.

 

Yul is currently in the kitchen after spend 'me time' in his room. He is still didn't aware that Jiyong and Hyuna's couple in the house until he found Hyuna walk into the kitchen with dishes in her hands. 

 

She's limping even though she tried hard to look just fine and that didn't go unnoticed by him. There is only the two of them and the maid in the kitchen. He told the maid to leave them alone and it become super awkward right now but he need to find out. 

 

He clear his throat before speak to her. "What's wrong? You seems not walking normally." He state and she surprised at his quick sense. No one noticed it since she arrived but him.

 

"It's nothing." She answer.

 

"You can lie to anyone but me. You know that." He said and both didn't even look at each other because they keep themselves busy doing their thing.

 

"It's really nothing." She sternly said so he decided not to push it any further.

 

"How's the thing going? Your work and the case?" He decided to ask about it instead.

 

"Appa is hesitate to make Mr. Kwon take the blame because he is going to be a part of our family too in future. As for work, I'm on hiatus until my name cleared." She explain shortly. 

 

Yul can't help but feel embarrass and devastated. Why don't his father think of the outcome first before he did anything? Now his entire family need to take the blame for this! This will leave scar in the Kwon's family for a very long time and he is very sure of that.

 

"I will talk to appa later when I have a spare time. He really don't have to feel that way. He deserve the punishment or he won't realized what he did was absolutely wrong. I'll try to help out so that you will get back on track." Yul said and he didn't realized how natural it sound to her. Like a problem never existed between them. Just like the old times.

 

Hyuna didn't say anything else. She just nods. Yul wanted to walk away but it seems like his feet didn't listen to him. Hyuna wipe the sweat on her forehead and the tattoo on her arm can be seen as the sleeve slide down when she raise her arm.

 

"That's a tattoo that represent the depression." He thought. Yul need to make her talk. Now he know he can't let anything slide anymore. He can't bear if he learned that she is suffering from anything else other than the present problem. "Are you sure that you really don't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter