Somewhere In The Past

Just Once, If You Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Somewhere In The Past

 

24th August 2014, Sunday, 08:30 a.m.

Kim Mansion: Front Gate.

 

Yul finally arrived at the front gate after a phone call he had with Mr. Kim. He stay in the car and wonder if this is the best thing to do at this moment. His grip on the steering tighten. His chest heave up and down. He breathe heavily.

 

He can't back out now. Not when he feel so determine to know the truth like this. He was about to get out when the gate suddenly open wide for him. Then there is Mr. Kim standing at the front door. He gesture Yul to park his car inside.

 

...

 

"Annyeonghaseyo appa." He bowed.

 

"You're home." Mr. Kim patted his shoulder and pull him for a tight hug. Yul's face turn to a sad one. 

 

"Geurae. I'm home." He hug the old man back and let out a small smile. 

 

 

 

Living Room - 08:41 a.m.

 

"Umma, you really don't have to prepare this. I had drink with my friends earlier." Yul said in apologetic tone when Mrs. Kim bring two cups of coffee.

 

"Yul, it's not everyday you pay a visit. Let me be okay?" Mrs. Kim assure him that it was fine. He nods and just eyed her arrange the cups on the table.

 

"How are you doing nowadays?" Mr. Kim asked.

 

"It's great appa." He smile and sipped the coffee. "Where did Hyuna went to this early in the morning?" He asked because Mr. Kim told him that Hyuna is not home at the moment.

 

"She didn't come home last night, Yul. We don't know where she went to because she didn't told us a thing. We just made her promise to comeback home safely the day after." Mr. Kim answer. This made Yul look at him with a question look.

 

"You mean she slept somewhere else other than her dorm?"

 

Mr. Kim nods. "Why did you asked?" It caught that younger man off guard for a while. 

 

"I'm just curious. She never slept at any random place before. She will only slept at this home or her dorm." He said in a low tone. "When did she start acting like this?"

 

"Yes she never did it before but now that is her. It's been a few months. I must say she's acting like this since the big incident that occur in her life." Mr. Kim said in a sad tone. Yul know what kind of incident that he referred to.

 

"Umma, appa, can you answer me honestly about what I'm gonna ask you now?" Yul start again.

 

The old married couple shared a glance with each other and Mrs. Kim give her husband that understanding nods. "Sure. Tell us what is on your mind, Yul-ah." Mr. Kim said in a very fatherly tone and it hit Yul very hard. How can someone that non-blood related to him act so much like a father than his own biological one?

 

"I met Hyuna at my parents' mansion yesterday and I saw a depression tattoo on her arm. I asked her about it but she refused to tell me. So I'm here to get an answer from both of you because I know you will tell me about it. Is there anything bad going on with Hyuna? Umma? Appa?" He asked while clasping his hands tight.

 

Mr. Kim sigh and sipped his drink. "Our Hyuna got into a deep depression after the incident that happened. She wails like a baby almost everyday. God knows how it breaks my heart watching my only child break apart like that. There is nothing we can do. It took us a few months to convince her about getting a theraphy and thanked God she give in."

 

"W-What? Pardon me?" He asked in disbelief tone even though he had knew it all along when he saw that depression tattoo on her arm. It just at the moment he heard about it by himself, he can't accept that fact.

 

"You heard me right, son. She suffered a depression and she just undergo a theraphy for almost 2 months. I think Jiyong also played part in convinced her to do it because she went there easily when he asked her to go." He explained. 

 

"Uh. Jiyong did? That's a relief." He let out a small smile.

 

"Yes. I'm very thankful for your little brother. It seems like he can bring Hyuna back to her old self." Mrs. Kim added.

 

"Me too, umma. Thankfully Jiyong was there for her." He smile and finish up his drink. 

 

"What about you? How did you coped with the situation?" Mr. Kim suddenly asked.

 

"I'm just fine. You know?" Yul answer shortly. He don't want to reopen the wound that he tried so hard to lock away.

 

"Don't be too hard on yourself. We know it's very hard for you too. Well everyone would be like that since it involved feelings." Mr. Kim said and patted his shoulder for comfort. Yul just let out a small smile and decided to divert the topic. 

 

"Appa, I asked Hyuna about the case and I must say just give him the punishment he deserve. Don't be too nice on him. Please think of the pain that Hyuna went through. Don't you want to make him pay the amount that he did?" Yul asked as he sound mad and hurt at the same time.

 

"Son, are you sure you're just fine?" Mr. Kim asked worriedly.

 

"Don't mind me. Please just let him face the punishment he deserve. She needs justice. She needs it to clear her name and to get back on track." He said not knowing that he sounded so desperate. 

 

"Yul, you have something to tell me about don't you?" Mr. Kim ignore his plead and focus on the other thing instead because he look like a lost child now.

 

"I'm fine appa. Just make sure he faced something he deserve. Hyuna need justice." He said again.

 

Mr. Kim can't stand this anymore so he move beside him and hold both of his shoulders while looking into his eyes with a sharp look. "Yul, I guess no one had ever told you this so please let me say this to you. Yes. Yes, I will let your father faced the punishment he deserve in order to be fair to both of you and Hyuna. Both of you need justice and I'm doing this for both of you. I'm gonna put your heart at ease. Hyuna too." He said but Yul didn't say anything. So he decided to continue. 

 

"Yul, you've been hurting. You've been hurting too much but I'm glad you seems to cope with it well. Keep living your life this way. We all love you. Keep being great like this. We know you bear so much pain but we also know you can get through this. You're a strong person. I understand you. I understand whatever you feel inside. I understand your pain but you're not alone. Look around. We are here for you." He smile at the young man.

 

Yul swear he never thought that he actually feel good after he heard those words. Never once he thought that words are needed for the pain that he had been through in the past. He never thought that simple words can lessen the pain in his heart. "T-Thank you appa, umma too." He said with a small smile and sigh in relief.

 

...

 

"I heard that you're expecting a baby soon. Congrats in advance." Mr. Kim poke his shoulder in a playful manner as they walk out from the house right now. 

 

He smile shyly. "The due is on December. Thank you appa."

 

"Get yourself ready as daddy-to-be uh?" He said and show him that sincere smile. 

 

Yul bowed and smile. "Thank you for welcoming me here. You guys are always the best."

 

The couple nods. "You're the best too, Yul. We are always here for you. Remember that." 

 

He smile and bowed again. "I'll take my leave now." 

 

 

 

In the car - 09:20 a.m.

 

Like a lost soul he drive to a random road. He feels like he has nowhere to go. Yul mentally slapped his forehead for not asking her parents on why Hyuna was limping last night. Should he go and find out by himself? But where can he find Hyuna? She's not in the dorm nor her home.

 

"Think, Yul-ah. Think. Where could she be if she don't want to meet you in the past?" He mumbles and tapped his fingers on the steering anxiously. 

 

"In the past, where could she be if she want to be alone? In the past, where could she be? Where is that somewhere?" He sigh and bite his lips. 

 

"Just where on earth she is at the moment?" He thought again and reach for his phone to give her a call but he reject the idea. "Lets just try my luck again this time."

 

 

 

Yul's Apartment: Front Door - 10:11 a.m.

 

He doesn't know why he decided to come here. Maybe. Just maybe because he somehow hope that she is here because there is no way she will spend her night with Jiyong. She didn't even slept together with him before so he think that she will do the same to Jiyong too.

 

He stand in front of the door for almost 10 minutes. He can't bring his feet to move forward. With trembling hands he punch the passcode and sigh in relief because he succeed to unlock it. "Luckily I still remember it." He push the door slowly and the certain melody caught his attention. "Uh? This song?"

 

He take off his shoes slowly without making any sound and even manage to let out a small smile when he found her shoes on the shelves. "She's really here. Afterall."

 

 

 

Living Room - 10:35 a.m. (P.S The Italic & Bold words represent a song's lyrics)

 

He walk into the living room and found that his song 'I Can't MV' is put on repeat in the TV. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter