CHAPTER 92

BEAUTIFUL

Chorong was busy doing her tasks, signing all the papers, and checking all the things that related to contracts with the model, agency and with all the event, meetings. She's been doing well all the time replacing Tamaki's place.

Park Chorong-sshi,, the Director wants you to come to his room” one of the Style Director's secretary call her when she was busy.

Eoh me? Alright, I'll go there right now, thank you”

Chorong puts her desk phone, she's thinking why the president suddenly called her. The last time she was called was when she told that she will be the new General Manager, replacing Tamaki. Chorong gets up and goes to the 5th floor, she walks to elevator and going up to the President's room. She keeps questioning to herself what happen to her, could it be about her work performance for these past months? It's rare for Director called her if it's not that important.

Chorong walks to the Director's room and knock the door.

Excuse me Sir...”

Oh Park Chorong-sshi, please get in”

Chorong do what the Style Diretor, Kim Jeong Shin said.

Wait a minute nae..” The Director told her to wait, he closes the map that contains the papers.

After a minute of waiting, the Director back to Chorong.

Chorong-sshi, how's your work these days? Any difficulties with your position now?” He asked, Chorong was kinds confused with this question.

No Sir, everyone helped me a lot so that I didn't find too much difficulties, and I can get used to it day by day, so everything is well Sir” Chorong answered, she told the truth as she didn't have too many difficulties after she get the new position.

Good to hear that, and well,,,” The Director stops a while, that made Chorong's curious what really happen and what is the reason she's called today.

I'm glad that you can handle this position well, and I'm glad too seeing the enhancement of the selling for our magazine, you did a good job and I really appreciate it, and I have to say that I never regret getting you for this position, I love your work, I admit it. It's good that Tamaki taught you well. I ask some of our top managements too, they sad lots of good things about you...”

Chorong noded, yet she still could not get why she's being called and what's with this sudden appreciation, as it's not an award seasonal in her company.

And it's because you're getting on top for these past months, I heard a lot of good things about you and I loved that,,,but,, ,,"

Chorong's getting anxious when the Director stops his utterance in the middle of conversation.

".... It's life,, so it's common for me to hear gooda and bads thing about someone, what I mean here is not that you've got bad things, not at all,, you're brilliant girl, smart, a dicipline and always have a good eyes to the magazine, and your staffs..."

"Excuse me Sir, but what is this all about??" Chorong asked as she can't hide her anxiety

Right, I just want to make sure to you, I heard some issues about you, I don't know where the issues came from, but really, I just want to make sure,,”

He's starting to go to the point, Chorong thought is it maybe related to her relationship? But it's her private life, why should be connected with her works.

....Is it true that you're in relationship with a girl?” He asked, Chorong blinked her eyes as her guest is true, it's about her privacy.

Should I answer it Sir? I mean, it's about my private life, not related to my work”

Almost all of the staffs here talked about you, about your relationship with a girl, which is mean that you're,,,, not straight... You know, actually, I don't want to interfere your private life, but the news spread a lot in here, in Style office, and you're the General Manager, so I just need your confirmation, is it true or not that you're in relationship with a girl, and the girl is Yoon Bomi, your former staff here?”


 

Chorong's POV

Hfff, I sighed a lot, they must be the staffs that I overheard them talking about me and maybe Yein too. I don't know why it becomes an issue, about my private life. Should I just say yes? Or No? And what will happen to me? Will they fire me? Or forced me to resign?

Well, excuse me Sir, I didn't know that my private life will be the big issue here and I didn't know that my confirmation is important?” I want to answer it sarcastically, but I know I should respect my Director.

Well, as you have to know Park Chorong-ssi, I myself do not care about your private life, I respect it so much, but here, in the company the issue spread too fast because you're now one of top management here, so, I'm afraid it might spread to outside the office, and will give the effect of the Style condition. Well I've told my staff to make them, all the staffs that spread the news to shut their mouth so that the news won't spread outside our office. And that's why I need your confirmation about it, so we can make it clear, I just don't want people talk bad about you..”

Well, they already talk bad about me Sir”

That's what I want to do, make your name clear and no issue here, I will feel relieve if it's a NO, but if it's a yes, we'll find a way to make your name clear”

And what if it's a YES?” I ask him back, I don't know what would he do with me, with my issue for being a General manager of Style magazine who is a lesbian.

We'll find a way to make your name clear” He said like I'm a dirty person just because having a relationship with the same gender.

So my name is bad already? Just because of my private life issue? Not related to my job?”

Well, Chorong-sshi, I know you're smart, it's not that your name is bad, but we can make it clear”

By what??” I know he might make me choosing an option. And I already know my answer if I have to choose.

You know that it's not common here and you should've hid it since earlier so it won't spread”

I know it's not common in Korea Sir, I know it well, and for your information I've hid it a lot so that people won't know about my private life, but I realized that life is cruel, people can find out even my most private life and made me turn into a dirty person, and that's why you want to clear my name. I know it's such a shame for Style to have a lesbian person inside the management right?” I try to explain him, I wonder what will he does to me, what he means with clean my name. It's my private life tho to be honest.

And if I can ask you, will it affect me to my job or will you tell me what will you do to me?” I ask him assertively.

Well, I have an option for you, so that you can keep with your private life, without affecting the Style Magazine's name”

Excuse me Sir, so do you mean, the issue of my private life has made this Style Magazine turn into a bad one? Well for your information Sir, the magazine sales are increased almost 53% than last year and we got more international models who can be contracted for this season”

I know Chorong-sshi, please calm down, I didn't say that your private life is affecting our magazine, but if you keep it with your issue like this, I'm afraid this will affect, as we have so many rivals out there and they will take advantage to make us down.”

I'm getting annoyed with the director, why don't he just say what will he do to me?

Alright Sir and now please let me know what will you do to me? Or you mean what is your option that you mean for me?”

Well the option that I mean is you can move to another Style's branch, in Europe or US if you want, I can help you, that's the option if you still want to go on with your relationship, I'll never give you option to stop your relationship, it's not my right, so I can only give that option”

I was shock that he suggest me to move to another branch, am I that dirty?

Excuse me Sir, so you suggest me to move to another branch so that I can keep go on with my relationship? Well is my privacy affecting that much to the magazine? It doesn't affect so much as I see until today. It doesn't affect the sales, the contracts, the relationship with all sponsors, and with other magazine. And as I see, the problem is with the staffs, they talked a lot about my private life, as everyone here has their own private life and we also never know how are their private life, it's just me who was being exposed, and if you asked me to move to another branch so that I can continue my relationship, I would definitely refused it, with all respect. And I will choose to resign from here. And if the staffs want to have the clear leader, I would definitely say Give up from here, and you can hire another General Manager, who is good enough as you said.”

And excuse me again Sir, I will never sacrifice my relationship for this case, it's more important in my life, sorry for being rude to you. But I have to say this. Thanks for informing me Sir, good afternoon”

I get up and bow to him and get out of his room.


 

I don't expect that I blurt a lot, I just cannot accept that cheap excuses. Why they interfere so much with my relationship?

I was so mad that day, that's so cheap. Why they bring my personal issues to the office, they can do it if I did bad with my job.

I go back to my room with annoyed face, I can see all the staffs staring at me, include Eunji. I know she will ask me what happen with me. I'll explain her later. And I have to tell Bomi about this. This is not right.

 

"Baby where are you?" I called Bomi.

"Eoh, I'm home unnie, wae?"

"Nothing baby, just tired and I want to meet you, I miss you" I said, I know she's goinf to find out easily that I'm in trouble.

"I'll come unnie, or should I pick you up? You can stay in my place , I'll cook for you after this"

"Sure baby, just cook for me, no need to fetch me"

I packed my belongings and ready to go home. I lazily bid goodbye to the staffs in my department.

I feel like they're my family and I don't know who brings my private life to be a big issue in the company.

I drive my car to Bomi's apartment, I feel so down right now, upset, afraid, anxious all mixed as one.

 

"Hi honey,, get in" Bomi comes and hugs me as I arrived at her place. She looked at me with curious eyes.

"Unnie what happen with you? You look so pale, are you sick?" She said, she touches my forehead checking temperature of my body.

"No baby, I'm just tired, and hungry," she chuckles when I said that.

"Go clean yourself first and I'll be finishing cooming in a minute okay" She said and my hair softly. I love how she can also takes a role as the one who taking care although she's younger than me.

I go to Bmi's room and take a clothes from her wardrobe. I take a warm shower while thinking about lots of thing. I didn't know that I said I would resign than have to move to other country just because of my relationship. Bomi iz my most important things for all my life, I will never sacrifice my relationship just for a job. And I hate the way director told me to move to other country if I still want to work at Style. I feel annoyed as the only job is not only in Style. I know I just reached my best achievement this year but I will let it go for the sake of my relationship.

I didn't realize that I took a bath too.long, u til Bomi calls my name repeatedly.

"Unnie why are you taking too long inside, you'll get cold, come out"

"Nae baby" I stop the shower and dry myself, then walk to the kitchen where is Bomi waiting for me. I smeel delicious foods on the tables. I know, Bomi is also good in cooking.

I excitiedly enjoying the food that Bomi cooked.

"Jaallmoggesshimnida..."

I take a bite to each food o the table. Bomi looks so.happy I'm so enjoyong her food.

"Mmm it's so delicious baby, You have to cool for me everyday"

"Hhaha okay unnie, but you havr to be in front of me everyday" she said with a grinning. I flick her head, as she said something ert.

"Heol,, byuntae..."

 

We relax ourselves on the couch after cleaning the table and do all the dishes.

I lay my body on Bomi's lap while she's watching tv.

"Any problem in offiice today?" She asked almost the same thing whenever sje saw me tired or feel not good.

"Everyday is problems baby"

She chuckles, she caresses my hair softly while I put my palm on her lap.

"Baby..."

"Hmm??"

"What do you think about us, building our own business..."

"Huh? Why you ask that all of sudden?"

"Aniyo, I was jist thinking, tjat I won't be forever as a worker on othet's company, I mean, it feels good if we can build oir own business, start from the bottom"

"Well as I said I want to have my own gallery, but it's still long way to go, why you ask that? You're having a problem? Tell me"

Like I said Bomi has a good instinct, especially on me.

I sighed, co fused if I should tell her or not, but I decide to tell her what happen today.

"Mwo?? How can a big company do that to you?".

"I don't know baby, It was really upsettjng"

"Geez , that staff, maybe I should meet them, it doesn't make sense, complaining a private thing while your works are doing good"

"No need baby, just let it be for now"

"Then what will you do unnie?"

"I'll choose you no matter what, I don't care about my job anymore, if the company wants me to leave just because a ty problems, then I'll leave and let them find someone better than me." She holds my palms when I said I choose her over my works.

"And I know they'll never can, you're the best there, everyone knows it"

"No need to think too.much about it unnie, everything will be better I believe in you"

"So baby, you don't mind if I might resign if the company still attacked me with those issues?"

"As long as you're okay, no worry, I'll work hard for you, for us, we're not poor tho, we can build a business and you'll be the CEO"

She kissed my forehead lovingly, I know Bomi is not a lazy person, she loves to work hard, I'm sure she will takes care of me.

I feel so sleepy and I didn't realize that I fell a sleep on Bomi's laps.

That we end up sleeping together on the couch eith Bomi's hugging me from behind.

 

Bomi's POV

I feel pity for Chorong unnie, she looks so tired these days, I know she's thinking about so many problems, works, her father, and others.

I feel like I want to propose her and marry her as soon as possible, so she could be in my responsibility, totally. I know she tried to.loom strong in front of me, while I know she's not.

Thankfully we're bot not from poor family so.money will never be our main issue. But the problem is, leading a Fashion Magazine is Chorong unnie's dream. And Style has been the right place. But I didn't know that thr management could be that cheap, bringing a stupid issue about her relationship with me, it's nonsense. It's our privacy anyway.

I don't want to make Chorong unnie depressed about tbis, so I told het it's okay if she wanted to resign, we can build our own business start from the bottom. Instead of staying in the company that would bring her down.

Too bad, she stopped me from meeting that girl who spread the news. I sighed many times.

It's so.hard to going through the hard time as a same gender couple. First is Chorong unnie's parent, Tamaki, and now even the company made it into a too.

But I made myself sure that we can through all the obstacles. My love for unnie is so strong and so does unnie.

We talked about it, and we promised to stay together no.matter what happen. We'll never let go each other's hand

And I promise to myself that I will make my most Beautiful girl in the world to be the happiest person in life.

"I promise you unie, don't worry, you have me, we'll going through the hard time together"

I whisper to her ear, as she's still sleeping soundly under my hug.

 

A/N

Hii sorry for taking too long to update. 

I hope you enjoy this chapter and sorry for all the mistakes and typos.

I love you

Xoxo

Pabbochomi