LOVE

Tamed And Untamed

 

[Play the song: Only One – BoA]

 

 

 

Ha Rin’s POV

 

 

“You should hear the murmurings that our schoolmates had been doing unnie, its been four days when are you going to stop this?” Ae Rin asked as we stopped by a coffee shop at lunch time on a Thursday.

 

“Who said I’m going to stop? And what are they saying behind my back anyway? Is it something interesting? Something about me being a brat and a ruthless queenka? Which is which?” I asked back.

 

“It’s the total opposite unnie! Apparently, they are shock as we are with how you’ve changed, from the way you dress, the way you talk to other people and how you’ve been the good girl on our group.” Min Gi explained.

 

“Yes, and they’ve noticed it. They said that you must have hit your head hard from your “accident” that it changed everything about you.” Min Young added with emphasis.

 

“Well at least they can see it now, that’s a good sign is it? What I’m doing right now is working and I like it.” I muttered with a grin.

 

“So you’re planning to continue this until the end huh?” Ae Rin asked and I nodded firmly.

 

“That means you’ll be staying with me now for good?” Min Young unnie questioned and they all turned their heads at me waiting for an answer.

 

I sighed. “Why do we always end up on this one? You girls do that all the time, forcing him in the conversation.” I told them.

 

“We never mentioned his name, did we?” Min Young unnie asked Min Gi and Ae Rin.

 

“Who’s name? Eunhyuk?” Ae Rin questioned and looked at me with a smirk.

 

“Aiissh! I’m going back to school. I’ll see you girls later.” I said and stormed off out of the coffee shop straight to our school’s park.

 

-

-

 

“What a surprise to see you here.” A voice called out as I was under the tree at their school’s park where we both usually go to.

 

I widened my eyes in a snap as I could recognize that voice anywhere. And I was right, when I look up he was right in front looking down on me.

 

I gathered all my books in my hands and stood up quickly. “I-I-I was about to go. Bye.” I said avoiding eye contact and walked past him but he stopped me by tightening his grasp on my wrist.

 

“Everyone has been talking about you and your little change of attitude. I guess it has been worth it huh? That it was fine even if you needed to leave me.” He expressed in disappointment.

 

“I’m sorry Eunhyuk, I really am. I just thought by this time you would understand why I’m doing this.” I told him with our bodies side to side not facing each other.

 

“I do understand. I understood everything the next day and thought that maybe this is a good thing that you’re doing, and it is.” He said.

 

“But you know something that will never change even if you’re not the bratty queenka anymore?” He asked me and I kept quiet waiting for him to go on.

 

Eunhyuk heaved out a sigh. “What your heart screams out for will never change, so if you keep on running away from me, it won’t help Ha Rin.” He told him in as a matter of fact tone.

 

I was struck by what he said as I felt hot tears at the verge of falling from my exhausted eyes.  I gathered all my thoughts in one place and knew that I have to escape. I let go of his grip and ran away, far from him.

 

 

End of Ha Rin’s POV

 

-

-

 

No One’s POV

 

 

“So the answer to this is—“ Min Young stopped as Ha Rin arrived at her house crying and tried to hide her face with her hair.

 

“Hi! Bye!” Ha Rin said quickly and ran fast to her room.

 

Min Young and Donghae looked at each other. “This has to stop, this instant.” Min Young said in a worried frown.

 

“You think I’m not bothered about this as you are? Eunhyuk has been miserable these past few days. There isn’t a day where he would accidentally call her at some point and the goes quiet immediately.” Donghae told her.

 

“It’s the same thing with her. And now look at this, she does that a lot, I’ll hear her cry every single night from the day she moved in.” Min Young said sadly.

 

“How about this, go and talk to her and I’ll go home to put sense into my friend’s head too?” Donghae suggested as he stood up from the couch.

 

Min Young followed suit and nodded firmly. “Okay. Take care! Thanks for tutoring me oppa.” She said and smiled as he went out of her house.

 

-

-

 

“Dongsaeng?” Min Young called out softly as she entered her guest room where Ha Rin stays in.

 

Ha Rin sat up on her bed and wiped her tears with the back of her hand quickly. “No need to hide it from me dongsaeng, in fact I want you to cry it all out tonight.” Min Young told her factually as she sat down beside her on her bed.

 

“Huh? What are you talking about?” Ha Rin questioned her as she sniffed.

 

“Oh come on, stop acting so innocent about this matter dongsaeng. I know what’s happening inside you, every night I hear you cry so please just stop pretending and cry it out.” Min Young told her.

 

As if on cue Ha Rin finally broke down and Min Young scooted closer to her and rubbed her back consolingly.

 

“I saw him today unnie and he said something that really made me think and now I have to admit that I agree with him.” Ha Rin began.

 

“And what is that?”

 

“Even if I’ve become a changed person that I am now, at the end of the day the person that holds my heart will never change.” Ha Rin muttered.

 

“And that person is him, am I right?” Min Young questioned her in a serious tone.

 

“Yes.” Ha Rin answered in almost a whisper and cried even more. Min Young pulled her best friend closer and side-hugged her tightly.

 

“See! Now you admit that he’s the one you love and being apart from him like this is hurting you like hell.” Min Young said.

 

“And look, who would have thought that you’ll find love at a time like this with an unexpected person. Do you know why dongsaeng?” She asked her.

 

It had Ha Rin’s attention as she looked up at him expectantly. That’s because love is not always a compromise. Sometimes, it’s a complete surprise.” Min Young pointed out.

 

“You’re right about that, but what do I do now?” Ha Rin asked her helplessly.

 

“Oh, that’s not for me to figure out dongsaeng but one thing’s for sure, its just inside you, hear it out and let me know what I can help you with alright?” Min Young winked and exited the room to leave Ha Rin thinking hard.

 

 

End of No One’s POV

 

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

 

 

“Where have you been? It’s a little too late don’t you think?” Donghae questioned as soon as I entered his house.

 

I narrowed my look on him. “You’re not Ha Rin to complain to me about this alright? I’m tired, so good night.” I said monotonously and walked to my room but he blocked my way in an instant.

 

“Not so fast buddy. We will talk, and since you’ve mentioned her already. Tell me what’s going on.” Donghae demanded and pushed me as he sat me down on the couch and he sat beside me.

 

“Nothing’s going on.” I denied.

 

Donghae shook his head. “Of course there is, stop pretending okay? I’ve been aware that you’re calling her to your sleep and this is killing you too, its been days Hyukjae-yah.” Donghae stated in frustration.
 

“I know! Its been days and I should be moving on about this but guess what I keep on looking back, on where we left off.” I said and knitted my eyebrows together.

 

“Do you really think there’s a need for that when you know yourself that she still loves you and that you love her too as much as she does?” He questioned me in a straightforward tone.

 

“Yeah right, love, I never knew that it could be this complicated.” I said and ran my fingers through my hair in annoyance.

 

He half-smiled and looked at me straight in the eye. “Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused.” Donghae explained sounding like an expert.

 

“Thanks for that, but it won’t change the fact that we still live separately, away from each other.” He expressed upset.

 

“I think you—“ Donghae paused as he fished out his phone quickly and answered the call. “Okay. Count me in on that.” He said and hung up.

 

I looked at him in a questioning look. “Where is the ring that you used when you proposed to her?” He asked out of the blue.

 

I frowned still unsure on where this is going. “Its in my room.” I said.

 

“Good, I need it tomorrow. Good night dude.” He said and winked at me mischievously. I raised an eyebrow at him but he ignored it and came inside his room instead.

 

 

End of Eunhyuk’s POV

 

 

 

---