Just Friends

Tamed And Untamed

No One’s POV

 

 

Eunhyuk stirred in his sleep and opened his eyes slowly and wasn’t familiar about his surroundings instantly.

 

He looked on his bed side and found Ha Rin sleeping holding onto his hand tight. Then suddenly, she sat up in alarm and glanced at him.

 

"You're awake. Does anything hurt? Tell me. I—“

 

"I'm fine. Where am I? Where are we?"  Eunhyuk asked in real confusion and curiosity at the same time.

 

"We're here at Leeteuk oppa's house. He wanted everyone to stay here for the night since all of you were hurt really badly, you most especially." She explained as she rubbed her eyes awake.

 

"What? This is too much of a bother for Leeteuk-ssi, I should go home. I don't want your friends to think that I'm a burden to them." Eunhyuk stated in worry.

 

"No. Stay there. We're not going anywhere. My friends are now your friends too."  Ha Rin demanded firmly.

 

"What? I—“

 

"Yes, and they know that because you're with me now. Let's not argue and just rest more okay?" Ha Rin pleaded in a serious tone.

 

"Wait! Do my parents know anything about…” He trailed off and looked at Ha Rin in horror.

 

"No! Of course not! This is not something they should worry about because this is a matter between us teenagers."  Ha Rin muttered factually.

 

"Then…”

 

"That's the purpose of staying here because Dr. Choi tended on all of you awhile ago and he knows that what happened we'll be just between us." She elaborated.

 

"So you and your friends are that powerful to be able to do that huh?" Eunhyuk asked with a smirk.

"Well, yeah. You could say that." Ha Rin said with a small smile of pride.

 

"Can you do me a favor?" She questioned and gazed in his eyes intently.

 

"Please don't get all unconscious on me in a snap next time alright? I freaked out so much I thought you'll..." She paused unable to continue and just hung her head low.

 

"No, that won't happen. Leeteuk-ssi's right when he said that I have someone to fight for earlier and I want to live more to be with that someone. So don't worry, I won't leave you." Eunhyuk said softly and squeezed her hand in assurance.

 

"And once you get involved in a fight again duck more and avoid the punches well so you wouldn't get all bruised up like that. Okay?" Ha Rin advised and giggled.

 

"I said the game is over right? So I don't think there won't be another brawl happening soon but no worries, I'll keep that in mind." Eunhyuk told her with a grin.

 

"Dongsaeng, come and eat with us downstairs." Min Young suddenly popped inside the room standing by the door. Ha Rin then stood up upon hearing her voice.

 

"What? You haven't eaten yet? But it’s already late." Eunhyuk reacted and gave Ha Rin a look.

 

"Oh! Eunhyuk-ssi, you're finally awake. Yeah, she hasn’t because she insisted on staying with you until you're conscious." Min Young blurted out.

 

Eunhyuk then stared at her thankfully and had a thought of why she would insist on doing it but either way he found it sweet of her to do so.

 

Ha Rin gazed back thinking of the things that could happen if she lose him and if she can really afford that to happen.

 

"Alright, just come down in a while dongsaeng alright?" Min Young piped in again as she noticed the staring game her best friend was doing with Eunhyuk and left the room.

 

"You heard her. Go and eat." Eunhyuk said in a commanding tone.

 

"Will you be fine alone?" Ha Rin asked in concern.

 

"Yes. Go on, they're waiting for you." He said and smiled at her reassuringly.

 

"Okay, I'll be back. Go back to sleep." She said sweetly as she gave his forehead a light peck and went out of the room afterwards.

-

-

-

 

“No! That’s mine! Give it back oppa!” Ae Rin whined as she tried to get her phone from Kyuhyun on a Monday during lunch time.

 

As all of them gathered around the queenkas table since they spent their weekend together at Leeteuk’s house to be fully recovered until the boys’ bodies were back to normal.

 

Kyuhyun then passed it to Donghae who was sitting beside him and held it above for Ae Rin not to reach it.

 

“Yah! Lee Donghae! You’re new in the group! Respect me as your senior!” Ae Rin demanded and glared at her and they all burst out laughing as she was close to tears.

 

Then Kyuhyun noticed a couple who have been quiet the whole time and were busy whispering amongst themselves with smiles plastered on their faces.

 

An evil plan formed on his head and smirked. “Are you sure you’re okay? Do you need anything else?” He began to mock Ha Rin’s voice and faced Donghae giving him a ride-along-with-me look.

 

“Yeah, I’m sure. Don’t worry. Go to your friends, they’re looking for you.” Donghae then imitated Eunhyuk’s voice.

 

Not just how they conversed but caught the way how Eunhyuk and Ha Rin would look at each other with glitter in their eyes.

 

Both Ha Rin and Eunhyuk were blushing madly at that moment. “Oppa! Stop it!” Ha Rin begged.

 

“That’s not all, wait for more.” Kangin chirped in with a grin and began to hold onto Min Gi’s hand and placed it on top of the table.

 

“W-what’s that supposed to mean now?” Ha Rin asked naively.

 

“Oh this? You two might think we don’t know anything but this is how your hands are under the table all the time. Am I right? Right?” Kangin questioned with his eyebrow raised.

 

“Aisshh!” Ha Rin grunted and covered her face in embarrassment with Eunhyuk smiling to himself.

 

“This is the best part.” Leeteuk said and began to lean in on Min Young’s ear. “I love you Min Young-ah.” He whispered sweetly.

 

They all began to laugh expect for the victims of all the teasing; Eunhyuk and Ha Rin. Ha Rin kept on hiding her face from blushing and Eunhyuk was just smiling from ear to ear.

 

He then leaned in on Ha Rin’s ear. “Are we really like that?” He asked in a whisper.

 

“I don’t really know. They’re just…” She trailed off as all their friends were already staring at them with smirks on their lips.

 

“SEE! You’re doing it again!” Min Gi pointed out giggling.

 

“Fine! We’re guilty on that part.” Eunhyuk admitted with a sly smile.

 

“Yah! You shouldn’t have—“

 

“No use. I must say, you all did a good job on imitating us.” Eunhyuk cut her off as he drinks from his water bottle.

 

“Have you heard that Jonghyun and his gang are finally out of our school for good?” One student exclaimed as she passed by Ha Rin and her friends’ table.

 

They all shifted their gaze on Leeteuk with confusion written all over their faces. “How did you do it oppa?” Ha Rin questioned him in a serious tone.

 

“Yeah! Without dragging our names on it, what did you do oppa?” Ae Rin asked.

 

“Simple. I talked to the principal and warned him not to make this a big deal out of all of you and I’m glad he did what I told him to do.” Leeteuk stated with a proud grin.

 

“So now, all of you doesn’t have to worry about Jonghyun or his friends because they’ll never have the chance to set foot inside the school or even anywhere near any of you.” He added.

 

“Thanks oppa.” Ha Rin muttered and smiled towards Leeteuk gratefully.

 

“Eunhyuk-ssi…” A female voice called out nearby. They all looked up to see Hyoyeon standing by their table.

 

Ha Rin glared instantly and huffed in annoyance. “Can we talk? I need your help with something.” Hyoyeon said cautiously.

 

Eunhyuk then stood up quickly. “Sure. Let’s go.” He said and walked with Hyoyeon away from Ha Rin and her friends.

 

“Eunhyuk-ssi, can we talk? I need your help with something.” Ha Rin mocked Hyoyeon’s voice in irritation and banged the table.

 

“That ! Aiiish!” She sighed in frustration.

 

“Woah! Hold up Ha Rin! What is this? Why are we seeing jealousy all over your face?” Kangin questioned her with a wary gaze at her.

 

“What? You know that I never liked that girl!” She blurted out in defense. But her friends weren’t convinced including Donghae who kept their stares on her still doubtful.

 

“I don’t like her around Eunhyuk, that’s just it.” She added and pressed her lips together in a thin line.

 

“Are you sure?” Donghae asked.

 

“Yes! And your dear friend knows that. He didn’t even look at me to ask for—“

 

“For your permission? Why would he do that?” Min Young questioned her.

 

“Just because he should! Aisssh! Stop gagging up on me alright?” She expressed in frustration and pouted.

 

That’s when her friends knew that the conversation about the topic is over and they shouldn’t ask her any more questions.

 

 

End of No One’s POV

 

-

-

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

 

 

“I’m so sorry if I just got home now. I know its late but I had to walk Hyoyeon home first. I’m sorry.” I apologized quickly as soon as I arrived home at night.

 

“Oh yeah? Did she really have to oblige you to walk her home? She’s not a baby anymore, I’m sure she could have managed to go home alone without you.” She said coldly with a frown on her face.

 

“Are you mad?” I asked cautiously as I took a step closer to her by the staircase.

 

“Why wouldn’t I? You went off with her at lunch without even saying a word to me or to any of our friends and now you came home this late?!” She pointed out.

 

“That girl! She always gets in the way! Do you like her?” Ha Rin questioned out of the blue and there I knew where this argument is all about.

 

“You’re jealous huh?” I asked playfully.

 

“Just answer my question!” She demanded widening her eyes at me.

 

“Of course I don’t! she’s just a friend.” I told her.

 

“A friend? Then what does that makes me?” She asked looking straight into my eyes.

 

“You? Oh I don’t consider you a friend.” I said and she then lowered her head in disappointment.

 

I stepped closer and held her by her waist. I lift her chin up to let her meet with my gaze. “Friends don’t do this.” I said and hugged her real tight.

 

I let go and smiled at her. “And this one, most especially.” I whispered and kissed her softly on her lips.

 

Before I could let go she was quicker and kissed me back then broke off. “See what I mean now? You’re not a friend because for me you’re much more than that.” I said sweetly and smiled at her reassuringly.

 

“So there’s no need to be jealous alright?” I reprimanded her and she nodded like a kid wearing a bright smile.

 

 

 

End of Eunhyuk’s POV

 

 

---