Only Chance

Tamed And Untamed

No One’s POV

 

 

“Ha Rin-ssi…” Eunhyuk called out softly as he tries to wake her up the next day on a Friday morning sitting on the couch by her foot.

 

She stirred in her sleep and slowly opened her eyes. Ha Rin looked around and confusion got to her instantly.

 

Ha Rin sat up in alarm. “Why am I in the living room? How did I end up sleeping on the couch?” She asked him in wonder.

 

Eunhyuk smiled. “You were knocked out last night. I was too tired to carry all the way to your room upstairs so I let you sleep here instead.” He explained to her.

 

“What? So that means I was all alone here the whole night then?” Ha Rin questioned him in disbelief.

 

He shook his head as a no and directed his gaze on the spare mattress they have which was on the floor.

 

Ha Rin looked at it in shock as he began to clear it out. “Breakfast is already on the table. You can eat.” Eunhyuk told her but she didn’t move and waited for him to finish cleaning out.

 

As soon as he was done and placed it by the foot of the stairs, Ha Rin stood up and came by the dining table to eat breakfast with him with a smile.

 

“This is one of the reasons why I consider myself lucky about living with you, do you know that?” Ha Rin said as they began to eat.

 

“Oh sure, because without me you won’t have something to eat since you don’t even know how to cook.” Eunhyuk casually.

 

“YAH! That’s not true, I cooked for you once remember, and that just proves that I’m learning already.” Ha Rin bragged proudly.

 

Eunhyuk just grinned at her in agreement. “I enjoyed my time last night by the way. Thanks to you I completely forgot about Jonghyun.” Ha Rin blurted out all of a sudden as she drank water from her glass.

 

“I’m glad you did, it was my purpose anyway. I wanted to cheer you up.” Eunhyuk said with a smile.

 

“You did it alright. Especially the dancing part, you were great! Why didn’t you tell me before that you’re a powerful dancer huh?” Ha Rin questioned raising an eyebrow at him.

 

“I never said anything because you weren’t asking and besides, I didn’t think it was important for you to know about it anyway.” Eunhyuk reasoned out.

 

“And you decided to show it to me as a surprise last night which big time.” Ha Rin admitted unconsciously.

 

She widened her eyes as she realized what she said and lowered her head in embarrassment. Eunhyuk smirked.

 

“Was that why you…” Eunhyuk trailed off as their eyes met each other knowing what he was on about.

 

They stared at each other’s eyes for a moment searching for answers. But then, “DING DONG!” the doorbell rang out of the blue breaking the spell.

 

Eunhyuk stood up from his seat rather reluctantly to open the door for their morning guests. “Hi! We’re here to pick you up as planned.” Min Young greeted cheerfully.

 

Ha Rin stood up from her seat as she heard Min Young’s voice. “Come to my room unnie! I’ll just get ready.” Ha Rin yelled out and went upstairs to her room quickly.

 

 

End of No One’s POV

 

 

Ha Rin’s POV

 

 

After a good 30 minutes of getting ready for school, I went down the stairs with Min Young unnie by my side to see Eunhyuk and Donghae waiting for us in the living room.

 

“Were you guys waiting for us? We’re going separately aren’t we?” I asked and looked at Eunhyuk.

 

“Yes we are, my dear friend here wanted to see you go first before us. So we waited PATIENTLY.” Donghae muttered with emphasis receiving a smack on his head from Eunhyuk.

 

Min Young unnie and I gave out a light giggle. “Alright then, let’s go dongsaeng!” Min Young unnie said and dragged me by the main door.

 

I took a halt and let go from her hold. I walked two steps at a time and stopped in front of Eunhyuk giving him a grateful smile.

 

I hugged him tight before he could even say a word. “Thank you.” I said kindly.

 

“For breakfast?” He asked naively.

 

I shook my head and leaned in closely. “Last night.” I said in a whisper and winked conscious on Min Young unnie and Donghae’s reactions.

 

-

-

 

“You did what?!” My three friends shouted loudly as we decided to lounge at Min Young unnie’s house first before going to school.

 

“OUCH! That hurts! You guys didn’t really have to yell, I’m just right in front of you guys, you know?” I said and rubbed my ear.

 

“Sorry, we were just… Seriously dongsaeng, you kissed him?” Min Young unnie asked again.

 

I nodded shyly. “And why would you do such a thing unnie? He’s totally out of our league.” Ae Rin pointed out in frustration.

 

“And tell me why shouldn’t I do it? I didn’t really care about reputation last night.” I told them factually.

 

“If this continues, then I don’t you’ll ever care about our reputation, your reputation ever again.” Min Gi stated and looked at me sincerely.

 

“What?! No! you won’t let that happen, right unnie? You were just carried away last night, that’s why it happened. Right? Right?” Ae Rin persisted.

 

My shoulders deflated its own as I didn’t know how to answer her. “But he didn’t kiss me back.” I said and lowered my head.

 

 

End of Ha Rin’s POV

 

-

-

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

 

 

“Why the hell didn’t you kiss her back?!” Donghae demanded as I preferred to talk about what happened last night in the house.

 

I kept quiet. “I saw everything! And I asked you that question because I don’t what got into you that you didn’t take the chance!” Donghae expressed in annoyance.

 

“She was my first! You should understand that. My mind was blocked when it happened that I didn’t know what to do.” I explained myself.

 

“And besides, I don’t want her to think that I was taking advantage on her.” I added.

 

“She wouldn’t think that way because she made the first move in the first place.” Donghae told me.

 

“That’s exactly what she said last night when we got back here.” I said.

 

“See! Too bad for you to miss that chance, it’s the only chance you’ll ever have and you let it slip just like that.” He stated and shook his head.

 

“You really think it won’t happen again?” I asked with disappointment in my voice.

 

“Certainly! It’s the girl’s pride we’re talking about here buddy, and you stepped on it really bad last night.” He said.

 

I sighed. “Are you trying to make me feel better or worse? Which one’s which?” I asked as I glare at him.

 

“A little bit of both maybe.” He said and chuckled teasingly.

 

 

End of Eunhyuk’s POV

 

-

-

-

 

No One’s POV

 

 

“Are you sure it’ll be okay with your friends?” Eunhyuk asked Ha Rin as he was towing behind her on their way to the queenkas’ table.

 

“Of course it is! I got your back.” Ha Rin said in assurance. She sat down comfortably beside Min Young as usual and Eunhyuk remained standing.

 

“Aissh! Just sit down will you?!” Ha Rin demanded and pulled him down to sit beside her.

 

“Unnie! Why is he—“

 

“I want to. No objections. Understand dongsaeng?” Ha Rin cut Ae Rin off and widened her eyes at her in warning.

 

“Alright.” Ae Rin mumbled in defeat as she continued to eat her lunch.

 

“From now on, you’ll be sitting with us understand?” Ha Rin said as she faced Eunhyuk.

 

“What? But I don’t… Its okay. I’d rather stay on my own. You…”

 

“Stay on your own and be a loner all the time? Can’t you see my point here? I don’t want you to be alone and be seen by everyone as a loner.” Ha Rin explained in a serious tone.

 

“But—“

 

“Are we really going to argue about this here?” Ha Rin demanded.

 

“Alright fine. I’ll stop. Have it your way.” Eunhyuk gave in eventually as deep inside he would love to spend his lunch time with Ha Rin all the time.

 

“And you girls wouldn’t mind. Right?” Ha Rin asked cutely to convince her friends.

 

“Aisshh! Yes we won’t. Just cut out the cute card, you know what it does to me.” Min Young said and shrugged in disgust.

 

Ha Rin ignored Min Young’s comment and looked at Min Gi and Ae Rin who just nodded hesitantly. “Good! Now I can eat.” Ha Rin clapped her hands together and started to indulge on her donuts.

 

“Donuts for lunch? Are you kidding me Ha Rin-ssi?” Eunhyuk couldn’t help but comment.

 

“What? I eat what I want and I want donuts today.” Ha Rin said as she took a bite happily.

 

“But that’s not healthy. You should eat something else, not food like that.” He told her off like a child.

 

“I don’t want to. I don’t eat vegetables like those on your plate.” Ha Rin said as she made a face pointing at Eunhyuk’s food.

 

“Since I’ll eat with you all the time, you have to eat much healthier now. Understand?” Eunhyuk said.

 

“What? But… No.”

 

Eunhyuk gave her a look. “Are we really going to argue about this too?” He asked. Ha Rin sighed in loss.

 

“Good girl.” Eunhyuk said and patted her head lightly.

 

“You just got backfired unnie!” Min Gi teased and high-fived Min Young and they began to laugh at how the two argued.

 

“Wow! So this time the nerd eats with the queenkas?” A voice asked and as they looked up Eunhyuk and Ha Rin gave out the same expression, an expression with anger.

 

“Mind your own business Kim Jonghyun and leave us alone.” Ha Rin grunted and glared at him with his friends behind him.

 

“Are you having fun nerd?” Jonghyun said pertaining to Eunhyuk.

 

Eunhyuk knitted his eyebrows together and stared at him in hatred. “You heard her right Jonghyun-ssi. Leave us alone and get lost.” He stated which left Jonghyun speechless and walked off.

 

“Nice one Eunhyuk-ssi! You can handle yourself well now!” Min Young praised.

 

“Oh yeah, someone has been teaching me well, that’s why.” Eunhyuk said and looked at Ha Rin with a smile.

 

Ha Rin smiled back and stared at him. For a moment they were just gazing at each other’s eyes as Eunhyuk suddenly altered his look to somewhere else.

 

Ha Rin followed and figured who distracted him. Hyoyeon kept her eyes on him as they passed by their table.

 

Eunhyuk glanced back showing a small smile. Ha Rin was irritated on how they exchanged glances and thought of a way to cut it off.

 

“Taste this one Eunhyuk-ssi!” Ha Rin said and shoved a piece of donut in his mouth which indeed distracted him.

 

Min Young shook her head as she was watching the two of them quietly knowing what Ha Rin sudden action meant exactly.

 

-

-

 

“So that’s it? You’ll stay in the friend zone?” Yuri asked Hyoyeon as they sat down on their table after noticing how her friend and Eunhyuk exchanged glances.

 

“What are you talking about?” Hyoyeon asked back.

 

“Oh come on Hyoyeon! We’re too smart to play dumb. You like him and now that he’s with the queenka, you’re just giving up like that?” Sooyoung pointed out.

 

“There’s nothing to give up from in the first place and besides I don’t consider us friends, at least I think he doesn’t. I’m just a quiz bee partner for him, that’s it.” Hyoyeon expressed sadly.

 

“I don’t think so; Eunhyuk-ssi is a good guy and why not try and give it a shot instead of acting like a heartbroken girl there?” Yuri told her.

 

“What do you want me to do? Make the first move to get his attention? Can’t you see it, I’m nothing compared to the queenka, its obvious.” Hyoyeon said in defeat.

 

“Will you stop comparing and being insecure? You’re as great as her in your own way and you can be better if you’ll try.” Sooyoung encouraged her friend.

 

Hyoyeon sighed. “Fine, what am I supposed to do then?” She gave up and looked at her friends curiously. Yuri and Sooyoung winked and smiled at her mischievously.

 

 

End of No One’s POV

 

 

---