Familiar Faces

Tamed And Untamed

No One's POV
 

 

"That's not the right way to start a new week dongsaeng! Its a Monday!" Min Young pointed out.


"Its either we get these from the girl nerds or we won't have a homework to hand in later after our lunch right now." Min Gi explained in defense.


"You choose unnie, what is it going to be?" Ae Rin asked Min Young.


Min Young looked at Ha Rin. "I already made mine unnie. See?" Ha Rin said and showed her notebook with completed homework on it.


Min Young sighed in loss. "Fine. Where's my notebook?" She asked and Min Gi gladly gave it to her with a triumphant smile.


"Hi!" Someone greeted and pecked Ha Rin's cheek out of the blue. She was shock for a moment, when she turned her head a smile formed on her lips.
 

"You really have your ways of greeting me Jonghyun." She said.
 

Jonghyun smirked. "Have you eaten your lunch?" Ha Rin asked in concern.
 

He shook his head. "Here." Ha Rin said and handed her sandwich in front of him as he took a bite.


Ha Rin’s friends were quietly pretending to look at their notes as they watch the couple.


"How about we ditch our afternoon classes and go somewhere instead?" Jonghyun suggested facing Ha Rin.


Ha Rin thought for a moment and looked at her friends. Min Gi and Ae Rin smiled at her from ear to ear as if giving her the permission.


But when she turned to see Min Young's reaction, she was already frowning at her as a sign of objection.


Ha Rin exhaled and faced Jonghyun again who's looking at her hoping she’ll say yes to what he had suggested.
 

 

End of No One's POV
 

 

Eunhyuk's POV


"Please check if I got it all right." I asked Hyoyeon and showed her my notebook as we are revising at our usual corner in the cafeteria during lunch.
 

"Alright." She said and scanned through my answers.
 

As she did, I saw the couple that had been a hot topic since this morning. Jonghyun was holding her hand dragging her out of the cafeteria.


"She's cutting classes with him?!" I muttered in a whisper and knitted his eyebrows as I followed the couple out of the school with my gaze.
 

"You got everything correct, as usual." Hyoyeon stated with a smile.
 

"Thanks. So we're done for today right? Bye!" I said and stood up but I felt her tugged on my shirt.
 

I looked down at her in bewilderment. "Wait, can't you at least stay for awhile? Let's talk." Hyoyeon mumbled.
 

I sat back down again. "About what? Is there something you need to ask me about what we've revised today?" I questioned her curiously.
 

"No, just for this time let's not talk about our revision." She said.
 

"Then?"
 

"Let's talk about ourselves for instance, we've been being a nerd that we are for the past weeks. Give it a rest." She stated.
 

I laughed as my mind remembered Harin saying those words to me. Hyoyeon then shot me a look.
 

"I'm sorry, someone I know had said the exact thing to me." I apologized.
 

"Oh right. So, tell me something about yourself." Hyoyeon said.
 

"There's nothing much to know. I'm what you see is what you get kind of guy. Everyone sees me as a nerd and I can proudly say that I am one, because that's a fact." I told her.
 

"And someone that gets bullied a lot, right? I know the feeling." Hyoyeon mumbled.
 

"Sometimes I'm thinking if those queenkas even has a heart." She added and looked towards the queenkas table with one member short.


"They do." I whispered with a smile.
 

"What? How can you say?" She questioned in interest.
 

 

—FLASHBACK—

 

 

I stirred on my sleep when I heard a door banged upstairs. When I opened my eyes and looked around I realized that its already dark outside.

I noticed that there was a strawberry milk carton in front of me. I held onto it as I rub my eyes staring at the attached not to it, a smile formed on my lips.

I heard this was your favorite. Drink this and get some rest nerdy loner. J

“I didn’t know that you can be thoughtful too, Ms. Queenka.” Eunhyuk said looking at the milk smiling foolishly.

--

“Arcade? Why here?” I asked as I got out of her car after a quick drive.

“Since you’ve helped me with my homework, its my turn to teach you something,  nerdy loner.” Ms. Queenka said as she was already standing by my side.

“And what will I get out of this place where only stupid teenagers would go to at night instead of staying at home, studying?” I pointed out.

She frowned on what I said. “I’ll ignore that nerdy loner, you’ll learn how to have FUN here, trust me.” She said and winked as she walked inside the Arcade house.

--

“I can’t believe you on almost all the games there!” Ha Rin exclaimed as soon as we enter the house past midnight.

“And I can’t believe you’re good at all of it!” I said.

“Don’t be surprise, its one of the things I’m good at.” Ms. Queenka boasted with a grin.

“Yeah, I’ve noticed that.” I said and smiled.

“You even lost at air hockey; even the little kids could do much better than you.” She said as she remembered our game at air hockey.

“Yeah, fine. Why did I even agree to come with you on a normal school night? I don’t normally go out if I know I have school the next day, you know.” I told her.

 

“But I enjoyed it, I have to admit, I had so much fun.” I said truthfully and showed her a shy smile.

“I’m actually glad you did nerdy loner. At least I can say that I have taught you something, and that is, to have FUN.” She said with emphasis and gave me a warm smile.

“Yeah, thanks.” I muttered.

“And thanks for helping me with my homework too by the way. Good night!” She said and went upstairs to her room.

“It was my first time to do all that with a queenka like you Ha Rin-ssi. I really enjoyed it.” I said to myself with a contented smile and went up to my own room too.

—END OF FLASHBACK—

 

"Eunhyuk-ssi!" Someone called out and snapped fingers in front of me.
 

"You were daydreaming." Hyoyeon informed me.
 

"My mind drifted unconciously to you Ms. Queenka." I whispered softly in disbelief.
 

"What?" Hyoyeon asked.
 

"N-nothing." I said and when I looked up two girls were already standing beside her.
 

"Who...?"
 

"Oh! They are my friends, Yuri and Sooyoung." Hyoyeon introduced and the two smiled at me.
 

I stood up and bowed. And when I glanced at them again, they looked very familiar to me.
 

"Is there something wrong?" The girl named Yuri asked.
 

"U-uh. Nothing. I just thought you girls seemed familiar to me." I muttered.


"I don't think so, nerds like us are invisible to everyone else around." The tallest of the three named Sooyoung pointed out.
 

"You bet. Anyway, we have to go. Bye Eunhyuk-ssi." Hyoyeon said and they walked off.
 

As they did I was so sure that I've seen her friends somewhere. I thought for a moment, and then it struck me.
 

"Yes, it was them." I confirmed and shook my head.
 

End of Eunhyuk's POV
 

---