ONE.

SHE DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

And I’m a married man!

Just by thinking of the many things that happened to me and Billie, I can’t even imagine that we’ll end up as husband and wife. I did promise myself that I’ll do everything to make her mine, but with the way she thinks and lives, I thought having her to marry me is going to be difficult. Turns out, it’s much easier than I thought it will be.

I must admit, our relationship isn’t as ordinary as other couples. We were in-love with each other since young and were separated for years. It seems like we are really destined for each other coz none of us haven’t even thought that our paths will still cross. Billie is feeling love and hate towards me, while all I know during that time is I want her and I want to pursue her. And then next thing we know it, we were madly and deeply in-love with each other already. Unlike when we were young, the love that we’re feeling is more intense to the point that we are ready to risk everything, which we did when we publicly showed our affection. At first we thought it’s the best idea of all, but things got twisted and it brought us in ruins, in deep . Our relationship was filled with challenges that are yet to be survived. None from the both of us know when it will stop or if it will still stop, but we are one now, we’ll fight for our love and for each other even if it takes us buckets of tears and a lot of heartaches.

Three days ago, I tried my luck and dared to meet Billie’s Grandparents, for the very first time. I’m telling you, it’s the most nerve-wracking and body draining moment of my life. My nerves are all pent up, my mind is blank and my soul has flown somewhere far from my body. At first I thought things are just going to be mellow, but it isn’t. I can really say that I went through a needle hole before getting married.

“Who’s getting married?” Billie’s grandfather asked, his shotgun is not directly pointed at me but still, he’s holding a gun and it’s enough to make me pee on my pants.

“Jiyong…Jiyong….I think we should just run away from here” Xin whispered to me.

I looked at him with fear in my eyes. I’ve never seen my friends so pale and scared. I’m also sure that they haven’t seen me this frightened as well.

“Good Afternoon Sir” I gathered myself up and greeted him.

He stared at me for a while “Follow me” he said then walked out.

I looked at Mrs. Williams “Go Jiyong…follow him” the old woman said with a smile on her face.

This is nuts! Why would I follow him when he’s holding a gun? Worst is, I don’t even know what he’s going to do to me. Not only that, Mrs. Williams’s smile freaked me coz she looks like she knows that I’m going to be in trouble but is just acting innocently.

“What are you waiting for?” Mr. Williams came back to the living room and asked.

I panicked and you can easily tell it by the expression on my face “Jiyong…just go with him…we’ll wait for you here” Xin is really pushing me to him and I nearly banged his head on the wall because it seems like he doesn’t know what might happen to me once I follow the old man.

Beads of sweat appeared on my forehead, my whole body started to tremble and my heart is beating wildly. At that point, all I want to do is call Billie and ask for rescue but it’s already too late.

“C’mon young man…you’re wasting time” Mr. Williams said and my feet started moving. Next thing I know it, I’m already in his car and we’re driving off to somewhere.

Why do I have a feeling that I’m being driven to my death already? What will I do if he brings me to an open field then tie me tightly so that I can’t move nor run and make me stand in the middle of the field, then shoot me like what I usually see in action and morbid movies?

After a few minutes, we arrived at an open field and I started panicking again. I guess my hunch is right. He will shoot me till he’s got enough while I’m standing helpless in the middle of the field.

“Get your gun” the old man said.

I followed his gaze and saw another shotgun resting on the backseat of his car.

Wait. Are we going to battle each other wherein the first one to be shot is the loser?

With a shaking hand, I grabbed the shotgun and almost tripped while walking because it’s too heavy for me. I’ve held a pistol before when my friends and I went target shooting years ago, but I’m never good at it and have never tried it after that.

“Do you know how to shoot?” he asked when we arrived at the field.

I shook my head nervously and received a sigh from him “All the men in our family knows how to shoot….from my great grandfather to me…all of us have been trained”

All I can do is nod. Billie’s grandfather is really scary. His voice is so deep (I bet TOP hyung will have this kind of deep voice too when he age). What’s amazing is that, his eyes and Billie’s are the same in color. They both have grayish eyes.

“We’ll skeet shoot” he said then asked for my shotgun.

I gave it to him right away and he prepared it for me. His skilled hands move fast. He really knows what he’s doing.

Actually, I know what Skeet Shooting is. It’s a popular shooting game here wherein you’ll use a shotgun to break clay disks that are automatically flung into the air at high speed and different angles. I haven’t tried this before, but it looks fun.

“Whenever you shoot…you have to be sensitive of your surroundings….you also have to focus on your target” he handed me my gun and picked up his.

I’m trying my very best to remember each and every tip that he’s giving but my nerves are blocking my mind, making me hear what he’s saying but it’s not registering in my brain.

“Step back” he said and I did what I was told “Shoot!” he shouted and the moment I heard the gun fire, my whole body jerked in fear.

And of course, he nailed it. This old man is really good at this.

“Now it’s your turn” he said and I just looked at him “Shout shoot once you’re ready” he instructed.

I gave him a nod. Took a deep breath. Positioned myself and the gun then shouted “SHOOT!”

The moment the disked flung on air, I scrambled to shoot it and the moment I fired, my knees suddenly went weak.

“Wow!” I heard Mr. Williams say.

He’s clapping his hands and I just looked at him, clueless.

“You just hit your first target young man” he said and for the very first time, he smiled.

This is really shocking. How can I even shoot the target right away when it’s just my first time?

“Are you sure you haven’t done this before?” he asked and I gave him a nod.

“This is really my first time Sir” I told him and he patted my shoulder.

“It seems like you’re a natural” he said “Let’s do it together”

After that, it seems like the ice has break already and we’re shooting disks after disks. We are laughing and teasing each other whenever one misses the target. I guess I’m just exaggerating awhile ago when I thought that he’s going to kill me.

“Let’s take a break first…I’m getting exhausted” Mr. Williams said and led me to a tent.

He offered me water and a tobacco. I gladly took it for it’s really rude if I won’t.

“How’s my granddaughter?” he asked after taking a puff of his tobacco.

“She’s doing great” I answered.

To be honest, I don’t know what to answer. Yes, Billie is doing great but we can’t erase the fact that she’s down with Leukemia.

“I heard your conversation with my wife awhile ago” his crisp British accent is getting harder to understand as time passes by.

I just smiled at him “She asked a few interesting questions that I will ask to you as well”

Now I know where Billie got her good questioning skills. Her grandparents are so good in it.

“You said that you want to marry her” he is getting scarier once again “Are you thinking of it already? Or...you two are already engaged and the reason why you’re here is to tell us about it”

He may be old but he’s surely one heck of a man. I don’t know, but I feel like he can read whatever is in my head.

I cleared my throat then took a deep breath “Actually Sir….I’m here to….” my voice is shaking and my heart is banging my chest so damn hard “I’m here to….invite you….to our wedding”

The moment Mr. Williams heard this, his eyes got big in shock. I can easily tell that he’s flabbergasted by what he just heard.

“Really? This is…..” he’s out of words “How come Billie didn’t mention this to us the last time

Please log in to read the full chapter