KNOWING HIM.

SHE DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“I’m sorry sir?” I asked.

I’m so sure that I heard him right, but what he just said is a bit odd and totally surprising.

“Let me introduce myself to you” he cleared his throat, took a deep breath then gave out a small smile.

“I’m Benny London” he extended his arms to me then we shook hands.

My whole body froze. I can’t process all of this in my head because it happened unexpectedly. Not only that, it really is a surprise.

“Don’t tell me you’re…..” I’m still a bit lost.

He chuckled “I’m Billie Kennedy’s father” he continued it for me.

I felt shivers down my spine. How can this even be possible? Based on Billie’s stories, her father is living in London and has stayed there all his life. He’s a photographer but that’s what she only knows. Truth is, she doesn’t even know his name coz Mummy won’t tell her no matter how much she bugs her.

“uhmmm…..” this can’t be! I cannot be tongue tied in front of her father “I’m Kwon Jiyong sir….nice to meet you” my voice is shaky and if I can keep eye contact awhile ago. Now, I can’t look at him even just for a few seconds.

“Nice to meet you too” he seems to be a good man. I wonder what made him leave Billie and her mother.

I just smiled at him. My hands are sweaty and my heart is beating a million times per minute.

“Wanna drink coffee or tea first?” he asked, snapping me to my senses.

“Oh! Yes…of course” I answered shyly, making him laugh.

His shop is not just for Antiques, he’s running a coffee shop beside it as well. Up until now I’m still trying to grasp everything in. Thing is, my mind is already full and it’s totally shocked by what I discovered.

“That camera” he said while looking at the camera in my hands “My great grandfather gave that to my grandfather…then he gave it to my father….and my father handed it down to me….we’re a family of photographers….that’s why I vowed to myself that once I have a family of my own…my first born will continue the family’s legacy….and tradition….that’s the reason why Billie got this” he got it from me then checked it with a smile on his face.

“When Maggie told me that she’s pregnant….I excitedly left London and went to England with only this camera and a few clothes with me….all my family knows is…I’m going to England for work…I didn’t tell anyone about my girlfriend and the baby in her belly….it was excruciatingly hard for the both of us because her parents turned their backs at her when we told them about her pregnancy….Maggie was devastated and even thought of aborting our baby….but….we came to our senses….the baby is innocent….and it’s a blessing….so…we decided to live as husband and wife even if we’re still so young….it was hard Jiyong….none of us knows how to work….all I know is how to take pictures while Maggie lived a very princess-like life….she’s got nannies and even a butler to take care of her” he is emotional while reminiscing the past.

“We decided to rent a room in her friend’s house just to have a place to stay at….I started working one job after another and believe it or not…Maggie did the same as well even if her belly is growing every single day….she walks dogs in the morning….clean her friend’s house in the afternoon and a cashier at night….and then our most awaited day came….the money that we saved isn’t enough because our daughter is premature….our little angel cannot breathe on her own…..she’s got all these tubes in her body…..her heart is also failing….we are in need of a good physician to save her….and because we’ve got no money to pay for a good doctor….we agreed to ask our parents for money…..unfortunately….my family is dealing with financial problems at that time....while Maggie’s is really wealthy….her father talked to me one day….and made a deal with me….he said that if I leave Billie and Maggie…and never show up...they’ll shoulder all the expenses….our daughter is going to live….that’s why no matter how hard it is to leave them….I agreed with her grandfather….I left England and went to Scotland instead of going home….the only thing that I gave to my daughter is this camera and….my name as well….I’m not expecting to see this again coz all this time I thought Maggie hid it from our daughter....but it’s so obvious that she didn’t”

Billie’s parents got a very interesting story. They met, fell in love, became adults because of the pregnancy then fought hard just to make their daughter live. I cannot believe that I know the answers to Billie’s questions already.

“You didn’t bother to find her after that?” I asked curiously.

He sighed “Jiyong…if you only know what I’ve been through just to find her” he answered.

“I almost went to each and every country this world has just to find her…. I stayed in front of their house a few months after I left them….Maggie’s mother told me that she ran away with our daughter…..and she doesn’t know where they went….at that time I nearly went crazy….

Please log in to read the full chapter