RANDOM BUT WONDERFUL SURPRISE.

SHE DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Where in hell are you Billie Kennedy” I muttered to myself while walking around the vicinity of the pension.

I don’t know why she just disappeared. I swear. This is stressing me out and it’s getting the best out of me. Billie has never been to Pocheon, this place is new to her and knowing her, I’m so sure that she’s having navigational problems already coz she’s not that good with directions. Her memory sometimes screws her up and I’m praying so hard for it not to screw her now.

“Noona….did you find her?” I asked upon seeing my sister walking out of the house.

She shook her head “Omma and I nearly flipped the whole house …but she’s not here….and…” she pulled out something from her pocket “Here” she handed me Billie’s phone.

“Ow !” I said in frustration.

I’ve been trying to call her for I don’t know how many times already and hasn’t got any response at all. Now I know the reason why. She left her phone here at the pension. How am I going to know where she is now?

“Jiyong….I’ve already called the police….I told them that if Billie goes there for help….they should give us a call” Appa who is panicking as well, said.

“Aigoo….where is that girl?” Omma is dead worried too. AISH!

“I have a feeling that she’s still around the market” Noona said and all I can do is sigh.

As a matter of fact, I think I know the reason why Billie just ran away without saying a single word at all awhile ago. It’s because of the people who are surrounding and following us wherever we go. We all know that she’s not that cool with my fans ever since Drake’s accident happened and I can fully understand her for it is totally traumatic and in one way or another, seeing the people in my world is reminding her of that nightmare.

“Where are you going?” Omma asked the moment she saw me grab my car keys.

I looked at her then sighed heavily “I just can’t sit here and wait for a call from the police Omma….I’m going to look for her everywhere” I answered, still sounding so worried.

She gave me a warm smile “Alright….drive safely and please….inform us once you already saw her” she said and I gave her a nod.

“Yeah I will….and please do the same to me as well…call me if ever the police calls you already”

Off I go. I drove here and there. Believe it or not, I even checked every shop that I pass by, hoping that she just tripped on shopping. The clock keeps on ticking and next thing I know it, it’s already three in the afternoon. Billie has been lost for four hours already and I’m gonna go nuts if this will still go long.

While walking through the province’s shopping district, an antique shop captured my attention. I don’t know, but ever since my meeting with Billie’s father and seeing his antique shop, I began to fall in love with antique pieces. There are a few shops like this in Seoul and most of them sell things that are not that good unlike the ones here.

And to shed off the stress, I decided to look around the shop. I know that I should be in search for my girl, but I don’t know, this shop is really tempting.

“OMO!” the salesman gasped in shock upon seeing me.

I bowed at him “Good Afternoon” I greeted and he did the same.

“What can I do for you?” he asked.

My head is going from left to right. I’m seeing a lot of great buys, but after seeing a rack of antique cameras, the rest of the pieces in the shop don’t matter to me anymore.

“Can I take a look at some of the cameras?” I asked and the man willingly pulled out the cameras from the rack and placed them in front of me.

To be honest, I don’t have any knowledge when it comes to cameras even though I love taking pictures. Billie however, is really an enthusiast and she knows almost everything about photography and its main tool, the cameras.

“Are all these authentic?” I asked and the salesman, who in my estimate is as old as Billie’s father, gave a nod.

From the way he looks, I can tell that he’s saying telling the truth “They are all authentic….some of these cameras came from America and Europe” he answered.

This is pretty amazing. I may not know anything about these old treasures, but I can easily say that Billie is going to be so happy once I get her one of these as a birthday gift.

While checking on each camera, another man who I believe is the owner’s son walked in and like his father, he’s got this surprised expression on his face upon seeing me.

“Good Afternoon” he greeted then bowed.

I replied back and bowed as well. He replaced his father and watched me do my thing.

“uhmm….may I just ask” he speak all of a sudden, making me look at him.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Are you looking for a gift to someone special?” he asked and I stared at him.

“Yeah…I am” I answered “That special person is really a lover of antique cameras….and photography” I shared.

He smiled at me as if he knows the best gift to give “Wait here….I think I have something that…that special person will truly love and appreciate”

The people here in Pocheon are really kind and hospitable, and it shows in this man. He’s really a big help to someone like me who is clueless of what to buy.

A few minutes have passed and he came out of the storage room carrying a box. I’m not sure if what’s inside that box is a camera but if it is, I’m sure it’s one of the oldest units they have.

“Here” he slides the box to me and I opened it carefully.

“Wow!” I gasped in shock upon seeing a not-so-ordinary camera.

“That’s a Giroux “daguerreotype” camera….it’s 170 years old and the world’s oldest and most expensive camera of all time…We got it from Germany….it’s authenticated….look” he picked up the camera then flipped it to the other side “It is signed by Jacques Monde Daguerre….this costs $657,300 to $920, 220 in the market….we sell this for 3 million won….but….a girl went here awhile ago…I can see in her eyes that she really wants to have this camera….so….I offered her a good price thinking that she can afford it….I’m willing to give it to her for 200,000 won….unfortunately….she doesn’t have that much amount of money….telling me that she only got 20,000 won in her wallet” he shared and I listened to him intently.

“That’s really saddening….I’m sure that girl is devastated” I told him and he smiled.

“Believe it or not….I gave this camera to her for 20,000 won” he said and I looked at him in awe.

This man is really generous. From 3 million won to 200,000 won then 20,000 won. That’s really a giveaway.

“But….she didn’t take it…coz…the camera’s still here” I said and he gave a nod.

“Actually….she already bought this….I’ve put it in its box….bagged it and she even left with this already….but came back after a few minutes and had this camera replaced by another piece…telling that the person whom she’ll give that gift to will really be happy with it and that no camera can top her love for that person….it really moved me….so…I just gave her what she wants even though that piece costs more than this camera” he patted the unit then smiled warmly at me.

I must say, whoever that girl is, she deserves to be loved by that special person more than anything because she gave up what she wants just to make that person happy. That is what I call true love. You’re ready to give up whatever, even your own happiness just for the sake of your other half’s happiness and I’m proud to say that I am like that with Billie, I just don’t know if we’re on the same boat.

If I’m going to buy this camera, I’m sure that Billie will flip out because this is really one heck of a unit. This will surely make her super happy. But I’m also sure that once she finds out how much this cost, she will get mad at me for “splurging” money on her again.

After an intense deliberation with myself and a short talk from the salesman, I finally give in “I’m gonna take it…and I’m going to get it in its original price” I told him and he looked so happy.

“Here’s your camera” he said after I paid a whopping 3 million won. I had it in cheque.

“I’m so sure that she’ll be really happy with that” he said when I was about to leave already, making me look at him weirdly.

How did this man know that I’m going to give it to a girl? Oh well, maybe he knows that I’m dating.

And my search for Billie

Please log in to read the full chapter