BILLE KENNEDY

SHE DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Tell me something about yourself?”

Why is it in every job interview, this question always pops out? I don’t know, maybe it’s part of the protocol or it’s the easiest way to know somebody. I can’t see the point why this has to be asked coz obviously, almost all the applicants will bring themselves up just to impress, and then once they made it, the things that they said they were is so far from the real them, making things a little ridiculous for me.

Honestly, these job interviews the hell out of me. I’m not good in them at all. No. Let met correct that. I am good at it if I take it seriously, but no matter what I do, I really don’t feel like working for people who thinks they know everything when truth is, most of their applicants and employees have more brain than them.

“I’m good in practically everything….I learn fast and I don’t quit easily” this is my staple answer to this question, which impresses or annoys my interviewers.

I don’t know how many questions were thrown at me after that, but all I know is, I answered them without thinking at all. As I’ve said, I’m not taking these interviews seriously for I don’t want to work for any person at all.

You may think that I’m stupid. Well, I agree with you. I’m one stupid girl who lives her life one day after another. I don’t plan it like most human beings do. Basically because, I know that at the end of the day, I will just get disappointed once things screw up. Haven’t you noticed? Most people who plan their life ahead are the ones who most likely fail in everything? The reason? It’s because they push themselves too hard just to reach whatever is it they want to reach even if they know that it’s so impossible.

“Hey” a not-so-good looking man, whose tie is not properly done, sat beside me.

I looked at him “Yes?” I asked coldly.

He smiled at me “hmmm….this is the first time I’ve seen you here….are you a new employee?” his crooked teeth is a bit off.

From the way he looks, I can easily tell what’s going to happen next.

He’s going to ask for my name, ask what I’m doing here then pull out his phone and ask for my number. I know these kinds of guys, they are “THE PLAYERS”. Their kind is not to be trusted and if you’re well experienced, you’re one heck of a lucky lady for you will not fall in their trap that easily.

“”hmmm…..no” I answered plainly then grabbed my bag beside me “Bye!” I stood up then walked off without even looking back at him.

“OH !” I shrieked the moment I heard the heel of my shoe snap.

I stumbled and nearly kissed the ground.

“oww!” the man rushed to help me.

“Are you alright?” he asked while helping me back to the bench.

“Stupid shoes!” I removed them then checked what went wrong.

Sometimes, being a girl is really a pain in the for we are so prone to accidents. Admit it, in the five days that you’re working of course, you’re wearing high heeled shoes, stilettos or pumps to be exact and you stumbled, tripped or almost flew over because they ed up by snapping.

The heel of my left shoe is so impossible to fix.

“Do you have a gum?” I asked the guy who is still acting so concerned.

He immediately checked his pockets and found one “Here” he said then handed it to me.

“Thanks” I said “Nice choice of gum” I added.

I know that I shouldn’t really mind other people’s business and trips in life but strawberry flavored candies or sweets or whatever kind of food it is, is really girly in my eyes. I don’t know, but I find men who like this flavor, gay.

“hmmm….are you alright? Is your foot hurting? Did you twist your ankle?” he sounds so concern.

I just smiled at him, chewed the gum and when it’s already soft, I got it out using my fingers, removed the heel of my shoe completely, aligned it again, then secured it with the gum. This is not going to last for long, but I’m sure that it can hold till I reach my car.

Dragging my gum secured shoe, I finally made it to my car.

“What a waste!” I said while looking at my freakin shoe once again “Mummy’s gonna kill me” I threw the shoes at the back of my car then turned the engine on.

Driving barefoot is super comfortable than with slippers or shoes on. I can step on the clutch well and feel the rush on my foot.

“OW THANK GOD!” Bunny exclaimed the moment I stopped the car in front of her.

 “Hop in! Quick!”

She rushed to the other side then entered the car “Where the hell have you been?” she asked, while putting her seatbelt on.

I just looked at her then stepped on the gas and sped off “What the!” she sounded like she’s about to die already.

“I’m telling you….this isn’t fast in the furious….we’re not even in a hurry…OH MY!”

“BUGSH!”

“OH EM!” Bunny and I are in total shock.

I can smell trouble once again and I have a feeling that I can’t get out if that easily.

I’m using my mother’s car and once she learns about this, I’m so sure that she’ll kill the hell out of me.

“Oh ” I said upon seeing the van that we bumped.

From the looks of it, it seems like I’m up for a talk with some big and high end people for I have a strong feeling that an idol group or celebrity owns the van.

“You are so dead” Bunny who knows me so well looks hopeless already “Ow ow ow!” she panicked when the driver came out of the van “SPEED OFF!” she exclaimed.

I looked at her then smirked “Why will I run away?” I asked.

“Uhmmm….because….you’re so dead once that fat man complains to the police” she answered.

“!” Bunny freaked out when the driver knocked on my window.

I swear, if she can only hide her face inside her shirt just to not get seen, she already did it.

“Stay here” I told her.

Without shoes on, I stepped out of the car and faced the fat driver of the van “Hello Mister!” I greeted cheerfully, hoping that my charm can let me off.

You see, there are times when all you need to get out of unfortunate events is your charm, and I’m praying so hard for mine to do its wonders.

“Miss….you almost crashed into my van” this is weird. He is a big man, but his voice is small, making things a bit funny.

I sighed heavily “I’m so sorry Mister….I know it’s my fault….but…I don’t mean it….believe me….my friend and I are in a rush….coz….” I need a good reason to get out of this “Coz….my mother was rushed in the hospital and I’m totally worried about her….my mind is off and totally clouded….I should’ve not drive…but…I don’t have a choice…coz I really want to get to the hospital faster” this is my staple reason in moments like this.

If only my mother knows how many times I use her to get out of trouble, she will surely hate and will even kill me. I cannot remember how many times she was rushed to the hospital in my head.

Mr. Fat man with a small voice scanned me from head to foot and it’s obvious that he’s curious as to why I’m not wearing shoes on.

“AISH!” he scratched his head then sighed heavily.

“Hyung” a man called with his head peeking out of the window.

I’m such a psychic, for the van is owned by an idol group and they’re not just any idol group for they are Big and Banging. I’m not a fan but I know their faces coz I always see them on TV.

“Youngbae-ah….I’ll handle this” he called out and I looked at him with a smile on my face.

And because I have a feeling that this fat man won’t let me off easily, I don’t have a choice but to approach the idols and apologize for the inconvenience.

I walked near him and saw s inside as well “Hi!” I greeted and he smiled at me.

The other boys looked at my direction and I smiled at them as well “uhmmm…I’m sorry for the inconvenience…it was really an accident….I was just in a rush…coz…my mother is in the hospital” I really have to get out of this without any police reports coz I can’t bear to hear Mummy’s endless scolding if that happens.

He smiled at me “Aaahhh….OK” he’s so awkward and even though he’s wearing dark tinted sunglasses, I can tell that he’s really shy. This is actually new for there are some idols that are so confi

Please log in to read the full chapter