UGLY DUCKLING.

SHE DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Wake up! Billie Kennedy! Wake up!”

Why can’t I get used to Mum’s super loud morning calls?

“mmmm” I opened my eyes for a second then shut it again.

From the sound of her voice, I can tell that she’s mad and it’s pretty normal of her already. I wonder who made her head and blood boiling again.

“Wake up!” she removed the duvet completely, exposing my almost body.

I sleep with only my underwear on. Mum and Bunny are not cool with this and I don’t even know what their reasons are. I’ve tried sleeping with pajamas on, but I find it so uncomfortable.

“Mum!” I called in annoyance “Why are you bugging me?” I snatched the duvet from her and covered my body with it again.

“Why am I bugging you? Billie! What did you do to my car?”

I’m so dead for she has seen the bump on her car already. It’s just so weird coz she used it last night. I’m sure she has seen it. She didn’t even call or messaged me about it and now she’s firing up because of it.

“Sorry Mummy” this is all I can do for no matter what I tell her, she will still scold the heck out of me.

“Get up!” she grabbed me by the arm and pulled me up.

I let her take me. I rubbed my eyes then sighed “Mummy….the car is not wrecked….it was just a slight bump” I need to get out of this for I’m not in the mood to listen to her nags and scolding.

She looked at me in disbelief “Do you know what you’re talking about? Have you seen the car already?” she asked and I gave her a nod.

“Yeah….of course” I answered.

“Do you even know the difference between a major bump and a slight bump?” she asked again and I sighed in defeat.

“Alright alright….it was beyond slight….but….it’s all cool….aren’t you thankful coz I’m alive and is not hurt at all….it’s just a car Mummy….we can have it fixed in a snap of a finger” I told her and she smacked me so hard on the head.

“AAAAHHH!” I said while rubbing the back of my head “Mummy! That was so hard!” I complained and she gave me another one.

“There....I hope that I’ve put some sense in you already…I swear Bill….you should really be careful….I’m not mad because you bumped my car….AGAIN….I’m mad because you’re so careless…what will you do if you got hurt? Huh? How did you get out of trouble this time? Who talked to the police to let you slip? Is it Bunny again? Is she the one who paid for the damages?” she’s bombarding me with questions once again and it’s still so early for it.

I sighed heavily then pulled her down to sit in front me “Mum” I touched her shoulder “I know that you’re concerned and I’m sorry for being so careless….I promise…it won’t happen again….I was able to get out of it by talking to the owner of the van that I bumped in to…they let me off easily and they didn’t even complained to the police…it’s all good….I don’t have another crash case under my wing…you can breathe well now” I am trying to make things lighter for there is no reason to make this small thing big.

That ends it all. Mummy is still raging in anger and this time it’s because she doesn’t have enough money to have the car fixed and I guess we really have to roam around Seoul with the car’s bumper a bit ed up. Oh well, it’s not that ugly anyway.

Mornings are really not for me. I am a bit cranky during these times and talking to me is really a big no and my family knows that so well. Only Mummy can break this rule coz according to her, she’s the only one who can give out rules in this house and she will not follow any that we made.

And because I’m already awake and can’t go back to sleep anymore, I got out of bed, washed up, slipped in my comfortable clothes and head out of my room.

“What the hell” I said as I pass my sister’s room.

Loud music is blasting her speakers once again and this is also a normal thing already. I don’t know why she loves listening to music in such a loud volume, but it’s really annoying for it can totally rip off your eardrums in just a swish.

“Ugly” Drake said when I pass in front of him.

I stuck out my tongue at him then walk away. I head to the kitchen and checked if breakfast is already prepared.

“As usual” I said upon seeing egg rolls and sausages on the table.

“Mum! Have you guys eaten already?” I called out.

“Not yet! Let’s eat together!” she called back.

I’m starving for I forgot to eat dinner last night.

“MG….what time are you going home today?” Mummy asked in the middle of breakfast.

She really loves to talk whenever we’re eating and it’s good for this is the only time where we gather as a family but there are times wherein all we can hear from her are nags, complaints and whatnots, and I have a feeling that she’ll start her non-stop talking in just a few minutes.

“hmmm….I don’t know…I have to finish something in school…why?” my sister is really the coldest person on earth. From the sound of her voice to the way she looks, all you can feel is awkwardness and coldness.

“I want the three of you to be here by seven” Mummy said, earning curious looks from us.

“Why is that?” I asked.

She wiped then smiled “We’ll have a family dinner somewhere” she answered.

My siblings and I looked at each other. We already know what this is. Usually, whenever Mummy brings us out for dinner, she always introduce a new guy to us and will say that he’s not yet her boyfriend when truth is, they’re together for months already. I don’t know how she does it, but she always trips on men and these freakin men bite her bait all the time.

“Are you going to show us your new toy?” I am using symbols for it not to sound off.

She looked at me in disbelief “What are you talking about?” she asked and I just rolled my eyes at her.

“We get it Mum….you’re going to introduce a suitor or better say….your new boyfriend to us that’s why you’re taking us out for dinner” MG said, earning a smile from me.

Our mother is already busted and she can’t do anything about it at all for we know her so well. She’s been doing this for years already. Who wouldn’t get used to it?

“I wonder what his nationality is this time” Drake is only ten but his eyes are open to these things already.

“Her last was a Chinese…right?” MG asked and we gave her a nod “I have a feeling that she’s dating a Korean this time…I mean….Mum has made a pattern already….she’ll go Japanese….Korean….Chinese….Korean….Filipino….American….English….Korean….and so on and so forth” she added.

I laughed so loud upon hearing this. Well, it is true. Mummy has made a pattern already and she has gone international as well. According to her, dating is an adventure and you should really experience all its wonders but it seems like she has explored it to another level for she almost roamed around the globe for it.

“What? Auntie is dating once again? I thought she’s already had enough of it?” Bunny asked while we’re cleaning the studio.

I shook my head then sighed “Looks like she’s bored once again” I answered, earning a smirk from her.

“You know what? I envy your Mum sometimes” she said, making me curious.

“What? You envy her? Why?” I asked in disbelief.

She shrugged “I don’t know …I mean….she looks extremely good and young…she seemed to be living her life to the fullest and even with three kids…she’s

Please log in to read the full chapter