ACCEPTING REALITY.

SHE DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

When you love somebody, you’ll accept everything about him/her. I believe that in love, acceptance is one of the most important keys. Yes, there are certain traits that you don’t want, but you have to be ready to accept it because not taking it all in is like not loving your partner fully.

I felt like my whole being died. My world started crashing down the moment I learned that Billie, the woman who I love the most, has Leukemia. At first I was still in denial even if I know that it is true, simply because I just want everything to be a nightmare, a bad dream that I can wake up to and brush off my mind, but it’s not. Seeing her in a wrecked condition and knowing that she might have a few more years to live is simply devastating. Of course I can’t show her that I’m dying inside, so I tried my very best to put my happy mask on and act cool.

“Jiyong” Uncle Benny called.

I’ve been here in the hospital for hours already but none from her family have talked to me yet. As I’ve said, we are civil to each other but I can still feel their hate at me.

I turned to look at him then smiled “Uncle” I said.

He smiled back then stood beside me “Aren’t you going home yet? It’s pretty late already”

I shook my head “I don’t want to go home Uncle….I promised Billie that I’ll be here when she wakes up” I answered.

He sighed then looked straight into my eyes. He’s not talking. He’s just staring at me.

“You really love her….huh?” he asked, making me chuckle.

“Uncle…I may have been a douche bag these past few months….but….I really love your daughter” I answered, receiving a warm smile from him.

“What you did really gave her so much pain….to be honest….it’s more than that….I always hear her crying in her room at night….the happy girl that I met wasn’t there at all….she smiles and laughs but you can see that there is no heart in it….Maggie and I thought that if we bring her somewhere far…she’ll get over you easily…but we’re wrong...it worsened her….I know that lying is really a low blow…and in behalf of my family…Jiyong…” he touched my shoulder “I’m sorry”

If before I’m still raging in anger because of what they did, now I’m all good already. It feels great because at least they know their mistakes and is acknowledging it. I know that lowering themselves down isn’t easy, but they did. Who I am to not forgive them?

I smiled then sighed “It’s all good Uncle….I know where you and Mummy are coming from anyway….I got offended but everything’s cool now…after all…there’s no need for us to fight each other…especially when we know that Billie might get affected by it” I told him and he nods in agreement.

“You’re right…what she needs right now is peace” Uncle said. His voice can really make you feel his sadness.

Who wouldn’t be sad? Billie is much worse than before and all of us are worrying about her now after what the doctor told us. I don’t know, but from the way she looks, it seems like she knows what’s going on even when nobody told her about it yet.

After talking with Uncle and clearing all the mess between us, we head to Billie’s room already. She’s been sedated a few hours ago for her not to feel the pain of the new treatment.

“She’s still sleeping?” Uncle Benny asked Bunny who is sitting comfortably on the long leather couch.

“I’m not!” Billie called out, making me smile from ear to ear.

We went to her and the moment she saw us, she gave out a sweet smile. I can say that her face is a bit lighter now and her voice is much livelier as well.

“It seems like you’re in a good mood” Uncle Benny told her, earning a giggle.

“How can I not be in a good mood….you guys are here” she said then gave me a smile.

MG smirked “You’re happy because we’re all here or are you happy because Jiyong Oppa is here?” she said, making Billie blush.

She fanned herself weakly then laughed “Actually….I’m happy because Yongyong is here but you guys here is also making me happy…in one way or another” she said like a shy kid.

“Aigoo” I said then sat at the foot of her bed.

Seeing her happy and somewhat fine feels so good. I know that she’s far from getting better for she’s going through a lot of tests and treatments right now, but I have faith in her, she’ll survive this.

“Why aren’t you going home yet Jiyong? It’s already late” Billie said then checked the time.

I touched her thigh then smiled “I’m good….I’ve got no schedules tomorrow….and I promised you that I’ll stay here to look after you…right?” I asked and she nearly hid her face under the duvet because she’s blushing, big time.

“Look at this two…you’re being cheesy again…psh!” MG reacted, receiving a glare from her sister.

I don’t know why, but I’m still awkward around her family. Maybe it’s because of Mummy who is just observing and watching us. Up until now she hasn’t said a word to me yet. How I wish she can just brush off what I did months ago and move on.

“I’ll just go out” Mummy stood up from her seat then went to Billie.

“Where are you going?” Billie aske

Please log in to read the full chapter