eighty-one.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mr. and Mrs. Kim walked out of the arena and into their Mercedes. "She's a lot tougher then we expected." Mrs. Kim stated.

"For now...we'll let them stay as they are. She's proven that she will protect him at any cost...but will she be able to survive our world?"

"She can learn." Mrs. Kim said, she was starting to like her son's girlfriend...she was everything that Mrs. Kim could never be.

"Hmph. We'll see about that." Mr. Kim said, not really believing it.

***
5 hours later Maki woke up in a hospital bed. She looked around and Jae Joong was sitting on a chair next to her bed staring at her. She stared back at him. "What happened?"

"Blood loss." He grinned with relief to finally see her moving and awake.

She sat up quickly, she grabbed her shoulder in pain but the only word to come out of was, "Appa?"

Jae Joong held up a slender finger to his lips, "Shh, he's still sleeping." He then pointed across the room. She turned to her left and saw her father sleeping soundly in another bed on the other side of the room.

She sighed in relief.

A knock came at the door and Jae Joong went to answer it. The group piled into the massively huge hospital room.

"Thank GOD you didn't die!" Ae-Cha exclaimed playfully.

"Could you just imagine Jae Joong oppa's personailty if you had..." Hye Su poked fun as well.

Jae Joong sat with Maki on her bed, throwing his arm her waist, "Yah. I'd be so devastated that I'd probably have to follow her into the after life...just so you won't have to be bothered by me." He said sarcastically.

"Don't you even think about it! I swear if you die after I do I will kick your so hard out of the afterlife and put you back in your body." Maki threatened.

"Jagiyaaa!" Jae Joong whined, "How am I suppose to live without you?"

"EXCUSE ME?! ARE YOU GOING TO LEAVE OUR 10 CHILDREN WITHOUT ANY PARENTS?!" She yelled playfully.

"10...children?!" Jae Joong said shocked.

"Yah hyung you better get started on number 1 soon." Yoochun joked.

Maki and Jae Joong turned towards each other and blushed profusely.

"I can't WAIT to be an uncle!" Junsu gushed.

"Oooh we could spoil those kids like crazy!!" Eun added.

"I don't know...that means more food that I have to share." Changmin said with a pout.

"We could start our own tae kwon do school with your kids." Yoochun joked.

"Yah! Our kids will NOT be like us!" Jae Joong and Maki said together. They looked at each other again and everyone giggled.

"Five Maki's and five Jae Joong's...do you think the world is ready for that?" Hyo asked outloud.

Sanny slapped him playfully in the arm, "I'd be honored to watch them for you and teach them how to be gentlemen and lady-like."

"What are you getting at?" Maki eyed her best friend playfully.

"Nothing..." Sanny said grinning.

Yunho winced, "5 Jae Joong's? I don't think Yuri and I can make five Yunho's to watch over them."

"YUNHO!" Yuri exclaimed and blushed. Everyone laughed and Yunho kissed her cheek.

"Ahhh I hope you guys last that long to show us...I hope we all last that long...together, as friends." Song said.

"Ditto. I'm glad, we're friends. Seriously I never thought that would happen but it has and I'm grateful." Maki said.

"Okkaaay." A nurse came in a few minutes later, "She needs her rest. You guys can come back tomorrow."

"Yehh eomma!" Hye Su said and kissed her mom on the cheek.

"That's your eomma?!" Maki exclaimed.

Hye Su laughed, "Yeaah. My whole family works here. I candy stripe twice a week. So I might be seeing you soon. Watch over them for me eomma."

Her eomma smiled, "Of course. Now out!" She pushed the kids out of door as they all waved goodbye to Maki. She turned around and saw that Jae Joong was still there. "You too Jae Joong-ssi."Maki held onto his arm, "Please let him stay?"

"I'm sorry but...family only sweetheart."

"He's my future husband...he's practically family now." Maki stated. Jae Joong turned and looked at her, eyes wide with shock.

She looked at Maki and then at Jae Joong, "Ahhh...our little prince has finally found his princess huh? Fine you can stay, thank goodness you have a big bed already. Here, now take your medication and I'll check on your dad and leave you two to be." She handed Maki some medicine and walked over to check on Mr. Park. Once she was done she bid everyone goodnight and walked out of room shutting the door behind her.

Jae Joong turned to her, "Future husband?" He asked playfully.

"Yeah and I'm expecting a really romantic proposal."

"What?! I thought you weren't into that kind of stuff."

"I'm not...it's all for him." She said pointing to her Appa as she drank her water. "C'mon little prince...this PRINCESS is sleepy." She joked stressing out the word 'princess' with a hint of sarcasm.

"AIGOOO!" He started to mutter under his breath about something as he went to turn off the lights.

Maki laid back in bed grinning as the sleeping pills started to over take her. Just before she finally fell asleep, she felt Jae Joong climb into bed next to her, kissing her gently on the lips, and whispering sweet nothings to her as she entered dreamland.

//3 Months Later.
Jae Joong raced down the stairway of his empty house. Empty now only because his girlfriend and her father had already gone to school before him to get ready for graduation. They had both insisted on waiting for him but he said he had some last minute things to work on and told them to go ahead. Jae Joong had just finished the last touches on his final product when Maki called him and yelled at him, the ceremony was set to begin in 30 minutes. He had been working so hard this last month on his final project that Maki was starting to forget that he existed as her boyfriend...only to torment him.

Jae Joong hopped into his BMW Z4 and raced to school.

After coming out of the hospital Jae Joong had decided, without his parent's permission, that Maki and her dad would be staying with him for the time being while their new house was being rebuilt. DBSK and RH had pulled a fund raising event to help Maki and her dad in their time of need. Maki was against the whole idea but in the end she was grateful to have friends that would do so much for her...it was either that or Jae Joong would actually buy her a new home, right next to his.

Her dad had offered to go stay with Uncle Won for the time being but after he found out that Maki would be living with Jae Joong alone in his house, he decided it would be best for his health to stay closer to Maki, in his 'weakened' state.

Jae Joong made it to school with 10 minutes to spare. Enough time to set things all up. He ran up on stage and took his seat next to Yuri. He grinned when he found Maki staring at him annoyed. He stuck his tongue out playfully at her, she slid her thumb across her neck to signal that he would die after the ceremony. He laughed and he saw her grinning back at him. There was a lot of commotion before the ceremony began as parents and school officials started to enter. There was a huge honking noise and cheers as someone made their way inside.

"Maki! Maki! GAMBATTE MAKIIII!" Was the cheering.

Jae Joong quickly looked at his girlfriend and she had her face hiding behind her hands as her appa made his way into the building. There was a huge flag on a stick with the words "CONGRATULATIONS MAKI!" written on it. Mr. Park made his way inside and Jae Joong had a perfect view of him. Mr. Park had a cone for a megaphone and he had a couple of sticks with flags attached to his body. He wore a white bandana around his head and held a fan in his opposite hand. Jae Joong busted out laughing from atop the stage. Maki turned to look at her appa and her face turned red with embarrassment. Mr. Park however wore his outfit and smiled with conf

Please log in to read the full chapter