five.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Monday rolled around. Maki made it to school and went to homeroom. Same thing just a different day. She took her usual seat in the back, Sanny and Hyo were already there, they were still jumpy and paranoid and even more so today. She wanted to say something to them, but wasn't sure what to say.

"Have you guys gotten any threats?" She asked them. They both shook their heads no, Maki sighed. "Well then don't worry about it. I told you...it's just stories to scare the new kids..."

They both nodded in unison but Maki could tell that they were both still pretty tensed. She took her seat and turned next to her. Junsu was sitting straight in his chair, his normally goofy grin was gone from his face today. He turned to look at her, she smiled at him.

He gave her a small smile, "Hey."

"You seem so...serious today."

"Yeah...is it a bad thing?"

"No just totally different...I feel like the end of the world is coming or something."

His face broke into his goofy grin, "I guess you could say that."

Before anything else could be said the professor walked in. Once class ended Junsu tapped her shoulder she turned around, "Be safe this week."

She gave him a confused look and nodded her head. He grinned and walked off. "Weird..." she said to herself.

She thought about what he said all the way to her next class, she was so lost in thought that she didn't even see the body that was sitting at her desk when she threw her bag into the chair.

"YAH!" A deep husky voice yelled at her angrily. She snapped out of it and was staring at Jae joong...an angry Jae Joong.

"That's what you get for sitting in my chair!" She yelled at him, she doesn't know why he made her so angry...just by looking at him.

He stood up out of her chair. "WHY ARE YOU AVOIDING ME?!" He yelled. The other students started to stare at them.

"AVOID YOU?! I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU!" They were both glaring at each other. She had to look up at him though, he was too tall. Anger emitted from both of them. He smacked his lips and pushed by her and stalked out of the classroom. "What a freakin' weirdo!" Maki yelled to herself. She turned to the rest of the class, "WHAT!?" She screamed at them. "ARGH!" She yelled and grabbed her bag and walked out of the classroom as well.

As she walked the school grounds, she ended up walking into a deserted part of the school. She heard a rustling behind her, she turned around quickly as a body stumbled out from out of the shadows. She quickly ran over to the person. "Hey! Are you ok?!" She asked as she turned the girl over.

The girl smiled, "You know wrong place at the wrong time...thats what I get."

"Do you need me to take you to the infirmary?" Maki asked her. The girl shook her head no quickly.

"Just let me lay here for 5 minutes...then I'll leave. You better get out of here, don't know if those girls will be coming back."

"I'm not going to leave you here like this."

"Just go! Please! I beg you!!" Maki looked down at the girl who was desperately trying to get her to leave. Maki nodded and got up and left the girl on the ground.

"This isn't right..." she said but it was too late now, she left the girl where she laid. She didn't know what else to do, she didn't want to get involved.

*****
The rest of the day ran was incident free. Maki was glad to see Sanny and Hyo at lunch, unbruised, still scared, but still in one piece.

By Wednesday, you could pick out who the new kids were. Kids walked the halls in groups, with fresh bruises and new found 'friends'. Even the girl from a few days ago, although bandaged, was walking around with a group. Maki wondered if that was the group that gave her one hell of a beating. No one had asked Maki to join their group...oddly. But she was happy with that, same thing with Hyo and Sanny...they were scotch free. However, Maki was starting to sense that something wasn't rig

Please log in to read the full chapter