twenty-seven.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next two weeks were enjoyable for Maki. She and Top were becoming closer, to her father's dismay, and Jae Joong seemed to be getting along with Hye Su, at least from what outsiders could tell. Maki and Top didn't elaborate further on where they were in their relationship but it didn't bother either of them. Maki still ate alone at lunch, but Sanny and Hyo were 'allowed' to talk to her and even Yuri would wave and say hi to Maki as they passed each other in the hallway. Maki was also becoming good friends with the DBSK boys...minus Jae Joong. And for two blissful weeks no one has tried to jump Maki to get her to join their group. She loved it.

As she spoke too soon...

Maki walked along the shops, she really didn't feel like going home today. Her dad had been giving her this weird cold shoulder attitude ever since Top had come around. She didn't like the fact that her dad was openly showing his favoritism for that idiot Jae Joong. She stopped walking and made an annoyed sound, "Just thinking about it pisses me of..." She shook her head and continued walking, maybe she should go to the piano store...she needed to distract herself. She was so caught up in her thoughts that she didn't even realize that she was being followed everywhere.

Song and Eun followed her dressed in trench coats, scarves, and big sunglasses. They looked more like erts then detectives at this point. "Yahh why are we following her again?" Song asked annoyed.

"I don't know...Hye Su is still wanting dirt on her. Even though she clearly has Jae Joong."

"No she doesn't..." Song thought outloud.

"Yeah I know what you mean...he always has this dead stare thing going on. His body is there with us...but his mind is somewhere else."

"Do you think it's because of Maki?"

"Probably...we all see the way that he looks at her when she walks by the table. And before when we went swimming at his house...Maki was there. She only left because Hye Su made her move...her evil plans always work out don't they?"

"Tell me about it...no wonder she's the 'leader'. It scares me alittle." Song said, Eun nodded in agreement. They watched as Maki walked into a piano store. "I wonder if she plays?"

"Who knows but we'll definitely find out."

The two girls walked into the piano store. They found Maki standing and talking with the store owners, an elderly couple. They walked in closer to listen into their conversation. "Ahjumma, Ahjussi...how are you doing today?"

"We're splendid! What can we help you with today?"

"I was just wondering if I could play on one of the pianos today?"

"Go ahead dear. Just pick whichever one that you like."

"Kamsamhamnida." Maki said and started to walk around the store...the piano that caught her eye was the exact replica that was in Jae Joong's room. She was instantly attracted to it and she went and sat down on the bench.

The piano was a breath of fresh air for her. The smell of the polished wood, the cool smooth keys beneath her fingers. This was a good idea. She closed her eyes and her fingers settled above the keys. Music began to fill the store as she played a piece that had no meaning...no sense. But it was just her heart singing out to the world.

Song and Eun stood planted to the ground. Their hands covering their mouths. "So beautiful."

"Who knew...she was so...gentle." They turned to each other with tears in their eyes, "I can't follow her anymore today."

"Let's go get ice cream!!" The two girls nodded in enthusiam at each other and left the store in a swooping manner.

Maki's piece slowly came to an end, she sighed a breath of relief and stood up. She turned to the owners and bowed to them and left the store after bowing to the couple.

"What a great pianist."

"I know...our owner would be so proud."

A tall male walked out from the back of the store. He didn't have to come out to know who was playing that piano. "Speak of the devil."

"She was here..." Jae Joong said outloud to himself.

"So that is the girl who has you playing like a madman on the piano."

"She makes it so hard for me to forget her...to move on."

"You can't forget your first love." The lady said.

"And if you're lucky...you'll never let her go." The man said and rested his hand atop his wife's. They looked at each other, love just oozing from them.

Jae Joong shook his head, "Thank you grandma...grandpa. I think I know what my heart has always been telling me.

Please log in to read the full chapter