twenty-three.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Top dropped Maki off at Sanny's house, "So have you thought about our date?" Top asked.

"I never said I'd go with you yet..." Maki said looking at him confused, trying to figure out if she did say anything like that.

Top chuckled, "Okaaay! But you better not wait too long to give me a decision, there are lots of girls out there trying to get a date with me. I might not have time for you when you decide you want to go."

"Ahh...I see. Well either way have fun with the other girls then." Maki said and jumped out of the car.

Top would've been concerned that he just blew it with her but he noticed the slight grin that she flashed him for a second before she jumped out of his car and shut the door. He laughed and drove off.

Maki went to the front door and knocked on it. She stood there for a good minute before she figured that Sanny wasn't in. She decided to make herself comfortable on the steps until Sanny came back.

***
Jae Joong walked back to the pool area with a pack of frozen peas attached to his left eye.

"Hyung! What happened to you?!" Yoochun asked when Jae Joong came out. Everyone turned to look at him.

"Where is Maki?" Changmin asked.

"She punched me in the in' eye! Can you believe that?! Wait till I get my hands on her..." Jae Joong said loudly.

"Oppa!" Hye Su came up to him and grabbed his arm, "Are you ok?" She asked concerned. Jae Joong ripped his arm away from her and glared at her. He then walked over to the guys and ignored her. She stood there her eyes burning with tears. "Damn you Maki..." she muttered and stalked back to her lounge chair.

"What's wrong?" Yuri asked when Hye Su came back.

"Didn't the plan work?" Ae-Cha asked.

"No...it didn't. She acted as if she didn't bother her."

"Well it had to if she left and punched him in the eye."

"She has another thing coming if she thinks she can get away with punching Jae Joong oppa."

"Tomorrow after school. It's pay back."

"Yah. Why did she punch you in the eye?" Yunho asked concerned.

Jae Joong looked at him with a guilty look on his face, "Well..."

"Well what hyung?" Changmin asked.

"She came in just now and saw me and Hye Su kissing." Jae Joong confessed.

"HYE SU?!" Junsu said out loud.

"SHHH!" Jae Joong warned him.

"AIGOO! Why were you kissing Hye Su?!" Yoochun asked.

"She kissed me first!!" Jae Joong said.

"But you didn't stop it..." Yunho pointed out. Jae Joong groaned.

"Yah, do you like Maki that much?" Yoochun asked grinning.

"I don't know what I feel about her. She's just another girl...right?" He looked at the other guys. They just shrugged at him. "Yeah...I figured so," he sighed and laid back on to the chair replacing the frozen peas on his eyes. He planned in his head to make Maki pay for punching him...

***
Night had fallen and Maki was still sitting on Sanny's steps. She sighed and got up and headed back home.

"Maki are you home?" Her dad asked when she walked through the door.

"Yeh Appa, how was your weekend?" She asked as she met him in the living room.

"Soo boring without you Maki-chan," he said all cute like.

"Dad you're a little too old to do the 'cute' thing."

He pouted, "Did you not miss me at all?"

"I did...oddly. But you know girl stuff."

He grinned and nodded, "I'm glad you're liking it here Maki. I'm glad you're making friends."

She nodded once, "I'm going to go to bed early tonight dad, this weekend has been exhausting."

"No problem. See you in the morning sunshine." He said while she walked away, he sighed heavily as she walked away...those bruises on her face were definitely fresh...but what could he do? If she wasn't going to tell him--he couldn't help her. 

"Goodnight." She trudged to her bathroom and showered up. She laid in bed that night staring at the ceiling, her fingers lightly brushing against her lips. "Stupid Kim, Jae Joong. Giv

Please log in to read the full chapter