sixty-eight.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

earlier//
Mr. Park was starting to worry about Maki, she wasn't quite herself not on this day...he had to find her but she wasn't answering her phone. He quickly dialed Jae Joong's number, "Yoboseyo." The airy voice answered.

"Jae Joong-ah is Maki with you?" Mr. Park asked worriedly.

"No, I haven't seen her, why is something wrong?"

"I don't know...she said she'd be back home but she's not answering her phone at all...I'm worried."

"We'll go look for her Mr. Park just stay at the house just in case she comes back. Do you have any idea where she might be?"

"No...we were at the cemetary, it's the anniversary of her Eomma's death. We parted separately from there."

"Anniversary of her Eomma's death?" Jae Joong asked.

"Yes, I'm sorry Jae Joong-ah for not explaining to you but that is one reason why she has not been to school, it's like this every year and every year it gets harder for her during this time. I thought things would be different now that she had you and the rest of the group...but it doesn't seem so."

"Noo...it's my fault. I should've been more attentive, I should've just fought with her and made her tell me what was wrong with her. Everyone says I'm the only other person stubborn enough to face her..."

"You are Jae Joong, she misses you. She told me herself she wanted to open up to you but she's scared of something happening to you and even scaring you away. Please Jae Joong find her and bring her back."

"Yes Mr. Park. I'll find her for us. Give me a call if she comes home first." Jae Joong hung up and quickly dialed Yunho. He quickly explained the situation to Yunho and told him to spread the word to the rest of the group, they needed to find Maki and fast. There was no telling what was going to happen to her at this point.

That had been about three hours ago.

"EOMMA I'M SO SORRY! I DIDN'T KNOW! I SHOULD'VE JUST WENT WITH YOU THAT NIGHT! WHY!? WHY DID YOU MAKE ME GO HOME WITH APPA FIRST?! I COULD'VE PROTECTED YOU!! I WOULDN'T HAVE LET HER GOTTEN TO YOU! EOMMA COME BACK!!" Maki yelled, was raw and it burned but she couldn't stop. All the years of trying to hide the anger and pain was finally breaking through.

The floodgates had been open.

Jae Joong stopped running when he heard the screaming, he had been running in the rain and his hair was slicked back. He saw her then, as if a bright light was shining down on her. He heard what she was screaming and he felt his heart being ripped apart inside his body. He was afraid to go to her to comfort her. Would she be angry?

Why the hell did he care about that? She needed him. Suddenly her body slumped forward and she caught herself with her hands, her wet hair creating a curtain around her face. Jae Joong didn't wait any longer he quickly ran over to her and grabbed her into his arms.

"I've found you at last..." he whispered into her ear. Her body instantly recognized the voice and the body, it caused another wail to escape her body. She held onto his arms and her body shook from her cries. His arms wrapped tightly aroun

Please log in to read the full chapter