seventy-seven.

Tough Girl
Please log in to read the full chapter

Maki ran as fast as she could to the warehouse where the message had instructed her to. It was a good 15 minutes away from the stadium where the battles were taking place.

She knew the motive, it was to get her away from the scene. She reached the warehouse in a deserted lot, of old dilapdated buildings that would probably fall on top of her at any second. Huge warning and keep out signs were posted everywhere. She found a chained gate and with all of her might she rammed her shoulder into the gate. It gave way with ease. She entered building 15 and quietly scanned the area before making her way in.

It was eerily quiet.

She paced her breathing as she walked to the end of the warehouse. There at the end of the warehouse, a single lamp light illuminated a body on the floor.

"APPA!" Maki screamed and ran over to him. He was turned down on his face. She slowly turned him onto his back and checked his breathing and pulse. Both were very weak. "Appa...wake up. Please Appa, you can't leave me like this. You promised Eomma remember? You told her you'd let me die first just to be sure that I was taken care of properly. I still have sooo many new dishes that I want you to cook for me. I want you to walk me down the aisle when Jae Joong and I get married. Please Appa wake up." Her tears slid down her face and fell onto his.

"Maki..." he moaned softly.

"Appa?!" She hugged him and cried into his chest.

Suddenly there was clapping and someone laughing, "AHHH! What a BEAUTIFUL moment!" Someone yelled. Maki wiped the tears away from her face and looked up. A group of people had surrounded her, from guys to girls. Some of them with metal bars or bats in their hands.

++back at the event

Jae Joong nervously looked around for Maki. The fights were under way and already they were close to half way done with the program. The former Kingkas and Queen Jjangs of representing schools were the 'judges' of the matches. Jae Joong looked up at the panel, a huge line of over 50 people sat watching the spectacles before them. In a way Jae Joong almost felt disgusted, this is what they lived their lives for? A petty brawl at the end of the year to determine their own self worths? No wonder Maki thought they were losers...

He looked across the way at Big Bang. Tae Yang had his hat covering most of his face, so he couldn't read his expression. Dae Sung the normally smiling and jovial one was emotionless and concentrating heavily on the fights taking place. Seung Ri was asleep. GDragon was talking to the girls, and it looked like he was coaching them on the fights. Top was staring straight at Jae Joong, he wore a red spiked face mask, but Jae Joong saw the murderous look in his eyes.

Jae Joong was almost entranced by his eyes, so Jae Joong did the only thing he could. He returned Top's intense stare, with his own cold expression...Top looked away first, only because his girlfriend kept shoving him to get his attention.

Finally Jae Joong's eyes met the one person who he hated the most, not because of her lies...but because she caused his one great love to lose her Eomma, causing her and her family and now his friends so much pain. He turned his attention on Sayuri, she smiled at him sweetly and waved. He didn't understand how he could be fooled but he supposed it happened to the best of them. He was only sorry that he didn't believe Maki...he sighed.

"Concentrate Jae Joong hyung." Changmin said next to him.

"Don't let them get to you...no matter what we're going to win this...for Maki." Yunho stated.

"We're with you hyung...rooting for you." Junsu added.

"So please, be rooting for us too. We know you can hold your own...but we need your strength as our hyung." Yoochun said.

Jae Joong smiled, "Kamsamhamnida." He said to them. His brothers grinned back at him.

++
"There's only 1 of you and 10 of us. You can't protect your Appa from all of us."

"Touch him and I swear I'll rip your hands from your body and beat you with them myself," she threatened.

"Ahhh I'm sick and tired of girls like...all talk."

"Hmph. I guess Sayuri didn't really explain to you who I really am."

"Oh she did, taught us everything she knew about you...we've been watching you. You have weaknesses. Besides we don't believe everything we hear."

"Maybe you should, besides I'm not a cocky bastard, I know what my weaknesses are. I can guarantee you...you'll go after my Appa regardless...and I know you purposely took me away from the arena. I know your games."

"Well then in that case, should we get started then?"

"Oh why the hell not." Maki said with a grin. "No...wait," she said as the group

Please log in to read the full chapter